• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
This is relatively unlikely. So far, The Ace Attorney series have only been on Nintendo consoles, so I really doubt this will make a first apperance on a PS3/360 game.
lol, no.

Just looking at the Vs. series' cast should tell you how irrelevant something like that is. This isn't Super Smash Bros or something.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Disney owns the American publishing writes to Studio Ghibli projects, so if it means we could get Pricness Mononoke, then I'm all good. Ponyo versus Roll.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Really doubt that's gonna happen, or at least be a different game series entirely just don't make "Marvel vs. Capcom" really "Marvel vs. Capcom vs. special guests"

Minato

穏やかじゃない
This is relatively unlikely. So far, The Ace Attorney series have only been on Nintendo consoles, so I really doubt this will make a first apperance on a PS3/360 game.
That has nothing to do with who gets placed in a crossover game. And while Ace Attorney games haven't been ported onto a Sony or Microsoft console, it's been ported on things other than Nintendo consoles. We've had it on iPhone and Windows.
Felicia, Deadpool, Dante, and the Cap are all confirmed, along with A-B-Y assists.

Unfortunately, they're using the TvC layout :/
This makes me sad. :(
I'm still confused on the exchange button. Is this the partner button which can also be used for launchers?
Does that mean no more 3 on 3 battles? :(

Also, on one of the screenshots on eventhubs, I see Spidey.
http://www.eventhubs.com/images/2010/may/08/marvel-vs-capcom-3-screen-shot-4/

Also, I'm happy that we really are getting Dante.

Edit: Nvm, looks like we still are getting 3v3 battles.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Bayonetta = Sweet
Marvel vs. Disney = Please don't do this.
I love how the website pulls the rumor from a website that was joking about Bayonetta getting in because the development is near its climax. With that in mind, Bayonetta vs. Dante seems so right, but I wonder how the rights will work out on that unless Bayonetta is strictly owned by Platinum games. If we don't get her, there's still hope for Ammy.

I'm confused about MvC3 using a similar scheme as TvC. Aren't we using a six button setup still?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
This game better have infinites. Seriously, they just pissed me of with the button scheme, they better not change anything else. I'm getting tired of games being dumb downed. Brawl, HDR, SFIV, T6, BB... ****

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I don't like them either. I mean, why WOULD you? It's cool to do it to someone, but having someone doing it to you? Better left out.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
TvC has infinites too...

I prefer loops myself, and this is someone who can do the standard Mags/Ironman as well as Shuma's and pretty much everyone in X-Men vs Street Fighter's infinites. I mean they are a show of skill but the metagame gets so boring when Ironman gets one hit and the game is pretty much decided there.

Infinites WILL be there, I just don't think they'll be as obvious as they were in X-Men vs SF or MvC 2.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yeah. I am. But I do like infinites. I think they look cool. It will be weird to see a Marvel game without infinites tho. I'm not sure if I'll like it. I can't tell if it'll be good or bad for the community.

@Kuma

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Guys, let's stop talking about this and talk about how Deadpool is going to beat you all with his health bar.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Yeah. I am. But I do like infinites. I think they look cool. It will be weird to see a Marvel game without infinites tho. I'm not sure if I'll like it. I can't tell if it'll be good or bad for the community.

@Kuma
I'm okay with infinites so long as there's some way to counter them. The way GG, BB, and TvC handle it is with the Barrier Burst. At least there, there's a cost to using it so it's more of a get out of jail free card than anything else.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I just found my Marvel 1, but I gots no dreamcast. =(
I have MvC and MvC2 for the Dreamcast. I don't play them on there since I only have DC controllers to play them on. Using the analog isn't fun and the d-pad isn't that great. The d-pad seems sensitive since even if you're holding down but your shifting it a bit to the left, it'll register as left sometimes; the same goes for the other directions. And I don't want to play my PSX copy of it since it's not the same due to the limitations. :laugh:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Woooooohooooo Dante!

Should be tons of fun to play.

I'm still dreaming of the day they do MARVEL and CAPCOM vs GUILTY GEAR AND BLAZBLUE.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Capcom vs SNK vs them would make a lot more sense. Marvel vs DC made by Capcom would be crazzzzzyy. The SF movesets don't work well in the Marvel physics anyways.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
I'm okay with infinites so long as there's some way to counter them. The way GG, BB, and TvC handle it is with the Barrier Burst. At least there, there's a cost to using it so it's more of a get out of jail free card than anything else.
When people say "infinite" in MvC2 I cringe because only 2 characters have realistic ones and one of them does not effectively kill characters. The two characters are of course IM, and Magz (3 I guess WM but no one uses him anymore anyways...)

Yes IM's infinite is annoying but if you get caught in it you gotta give props to the IM player cause catching someone with slow *** IM is HARD AS HELL. IM's whole game revolves around landing an infinite so he becomes one of the more predictable top tier characters in terms of movement and cross-ups because it's obvious what he's going to be going for the whole game. Good magz hardly ever ROM to the full 40 hits anymore so his infinite is barely mentionable since they will be to busy crossing you up to even realize he has one.

There was already an effective way to deal with infinites in MvC2 and that was to not get hit. Yeah it sounds stupid and obvious but when you start to dissect the characters and understand their movement abilities and how they set things up it begins to make more sense.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Of course this doesn't look anything like TvC, IT's MAHVEL BABY!!

lol at using stock photos of Felicia, Dante, Deadpool, and Captain America.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
"Seth: MvC3's controls are still in development, but it currently has 4 attack buttons, and two assist buttons. If you want the take-away, you can stop reading now because that's the bottom line."

Well that's a relief :p

Top Bottom