• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'm glad that it has the same layout considering that it was simple enough.
2011 is too far away. I want the game, but I want a lot of characters. :laugh:

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's soooooo dumb! :mad:

I hope they give us someone from Legends then. And when I mean someone, I don't mean Servbot. It would be awesome if we got Roll Casket then, but I'm guessing that if they're going to pick a Roll, it'd be from Mega Man Classic I'm guessing.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I'd like Roll Casket, but very unlikely unless she tags along with Trigger, and that's improbable as well since the pairing was used in Namco X Capcom, and Trigger being his own character slot in TvC. I'd like Bon Bonne or Tiesel.

Or perhaps they'll even go as far as Megaman X which hasn't been used yet.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
In my opinion the Mega Man portion of the roster should be sort of like this:

Mega Man
Proto Man
Bass

or maybe even

Mega Man
X
Zero

But I bet it'll be more along the lines of:

Mega Man
Roll

which I find rather lame tbh. =/

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I'd say we'll be (obviously) getting Mega Man (looking like his manga art too since it'll fit the style).
X would be nice with his armor, so he's on my wish list. Plus it gives him an excuse to have an air dash if everyone doesn't have it. He definitely deserves to be in a crossover game after all these years.

I'm hoping that seeing Servbots isn't something that'll throw fans off thinking that there'll be a representative for Legends.

But if Roll Casket does make it in, she wouldn't need Mega Man Trigger since (Mega Man Powered Up) Roll in TvC didn't really pair up with Mega Man. But yeah... I'm just a Legends fan. :laugh:

Can't wait until we see more info on it at E3 or wherever.
I want to see some gameplay and how the mechanics to it are since that's more important for me.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Megaman.EXE cause everyone loved Battle Network, amirite?

I suspect that popular characters from MvC 2 like Tronn will be put in the background if they're not in the game, Capcom and SNK stages always have those easter eggs.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Megaman.EXE appeared in Onimusha: Blade Warriors and Capcom vs. SNK. Horrible, horrible fighting games.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
That's the joke, a horrible, horrible Megaman

Which CvS game did Megaman.EXE appear in? I know the Zero side-series appeared in SvC Chaos which was underrated imo

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's the joke, a horrible, horrible Megaman

Which CvS game did Megaman.EXE appear in? I know the Zero side-series appeared in SvC Chaos which was underrated imo
Megaman.EXE never appeared in CvS game.
I think Heartz is mixing things up with Zero being in SvC Chaos.

Edit: Ninja'd

I wouldn't mind seeing Megaman.EXE in. His move set has a lot of possibilities.
Then again, so did Classic Mega Man...

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Personally I would not mind double dipping on Maverick Hunter Zero.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Nothing really new but here they are

• Captain America, Deadpool, Felicia, and Dante are confirmed as playable characters, though no screenshots or official artwork is shown for them.

• MvC3 is using the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom scheme to be more accessible, but will retain stuff like Hyper Combo cancels, Snapbacks and assists. (Seth Killian noted that there are still 4 attack buttons, but that one of them is labelled "Exchange" and is used for launchers and other unique "normal" attacks. It sounds to me like we will have Light, Medium, Heavy, Exchange, Assist 1, and Assist 2 buttons, but we will have to wait and see.)

• The game will have the alpha, beta and gamma assist types, just like in Marvel vs. Capcom 2.

• MvC3 aims to knock down the wall of complicated controls and open up the field of strategic fighting to all comers. This means fusing the accessible controls of TvC with tried and true MVC2 gameplay.

• The game has simplified launch attacks which are universally performed with one button, the Exchange button. This can also be pressed along with certain directions to slam opponents into the ground, leaving them susceptible to combos. Players can also hit the Exchange button in midair to tag in other team members on the fly. You can also counter exchange moves by guessing the correct exchange move to input at the same time as your opponent.

• Deadpool's teleportation device will comically malfunction if you spam his teleport move. Also, he breaks the fourth wall by beating his opponents with his health bar.

• Chris Redfield uses his weapons from Resident Evil 5, his shotgun and the "shock stick."

• Moves from the previous games seemed to have been retained. Wolverine and Hulks' Supers are shown.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Wait, where does this 'beating with health bar' come from? I know Deadpool breaks the fourth wall by knowing he is in a comic book, but....

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
I can, and do. We're still in the beginning stages of speculation, then one line in a bunch of information and everyone jumps into the mindset of "they gonna change our controls, they gonna change our controls, they gonna change our controls!" As its fanbase has been so fond of saying: this isn't Tatsu, this is Marvel. This isn't something entirely new, this is a follow up to something that was established years ago. I'd say as far as controls go you're gonna get something similar, guaranteed.

I wouldn't blame them if they had waited just a little longer, maybe for more information to come out before howling to the moons. Or you know, asked in a way that's actually useful. "Hey Seth, this is gonna use the old MvC2 style of controls right? Cause we're a little worried about that..." It's been hilarious reading all the reactions I've seen but those don't help. Besides, I would think Capcom remembers which control scheme was used for one of its most famous hits.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
This game is doomed to be a failure, simply because of the people that are MvC2 fans. It could be a **** near perfect game, and they'll say, "What the hell, you took out Magneto's infitie that made most of the cast nonviable? THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
How many people have actually read it?

I'm more than certain 99% of eventhubs and gamefaqs, whether they're supportive or not of it, have not.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Screw those guys. Time for a new generation IMO.
Yes screw the guys who have literally kept the game alive for 10+ years.

The MvC2 community is the only reason MvC3 is being made. If they wanna complain, let them complain simple as that. They deserve it. While I admit a lot of it is simply people looking into little things far too much they have also made legitimate concerns such the controls and the possibility of it resembling TvC.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
lol so?

Don't be so bent out of shape. It's not like I'm a MvC fanatic. Game's not even out for anyone to complain anyway.
What do you mean "so?" Was that supposed to be a sly bratty comment or something?

If the MvC2 community wants to complain let them complain (is that so hard for you to understand?). You just said yourself your not a MvC fanatic so what do you care if the community complains or not in the first place? You don't care if the games gonna be good or not anyways so leave it for the people who actually care about it.

Also, that "wait for the game to come out" **** is terrible logic to begin with. If changes are to be made its best to voice concerns while the game is in early development so Capcom knows wtf the community wants.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
What do you mean "so?" Was that supposed to be a sly bratty comment or something?

If the MvC2 community wants to complain let them complain (is that so hard for you to understand?). You just said yourself your not a MvC fanatic so what do you care if the community complains or not in the first place? You don't care if the games gonna be good or not anyways so leave it for the people who actually care about it.

Also, that "wait for the game to come out" **** is terrible logic to begin with. If changes are to be made its best to voice concerns while the game is in early development so Capcom knows wtf the community wants.
Why you mad, though?

kr3wman

Smash Master
Brightside.

Every video game company knows what the customer wants is wrong.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
As someone who has been playing MvC 2 competitively for years now (the first real 2D fighter I took competitively tho not the first one I really got serious about) I believe the community does have the right for concern, but I've only seen "THIS WILL FAILL!!!" type comments from the scum of SRK (aka just joined), gamefaqs, youtube, and eventhubs. Anyone with a brain will know to ignore these people. Where I play virtually everyone is excited as hell, and they've said that they agree with most changes we hear (most of them, there are some who say they probably won't like it as much as MvC 2 but they are not the people to say it sucks because infinities are gone)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I wonder what they can take out that won't end up pissing off MvC2 fans.
One thing I definitely want them to take out or nerf is Cable's AHVB that can be fired one after another (if he's still in, of course). It really sucks when the unblockable is set up and you pretty much lose your character for no real reason. :(

Top Bottom