• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

mood4food77

Smash Hero
**** this game online

**** it to deeper than hell

seriously **** everything about this game and online. i'm done unless i'm playing friends

**** marvel

the salt level right now is higher than mount everest

sanchaz

Smash Lord
**** this game online

**** it to deeper than hell

seriously **** everything about this game and online. i'm done unless i'm playing friends

**** marvel

the salt level right now is higher than mount everest
I play zero/dante. You have nothing to be salty about.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
when you lose five times because taskmaster decides to dash instead of using his hyper, yea it gets frustrating

do it offline, not a single time messing up, do it online, tasky tells me to **** off and dashes into a beam

also, i think my most hated thing to face is now taskmaster on point with 2 beam like assists, seriously, what the hell do you do against it?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
i deserve a slap to the face, cause seriously, now that i think of it

superjumping over all of his bs would save me some trouble

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I was just at a tournament yesterday, I made it pretty far, but got stopped cold by a Trish/Dorm/Wesker team. I was playing as RR/Frank/Wesker and my team just did not have an anwser against Trish. She stayed up in the air and none of my characters could even get close to reaching her.

Other characters I can play are Chris/Hulk/Ammy/Wright but idk if they could beat Trish either. Should I just pick up Strider for the Varjia assist?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no, striders still good. hes just difficult. he has low damage output and low health. you have to work harder to win with him than 90% of the cast. the thing that's not as good anymore is vajra assist, because we've figured out pretty effective counter strategies for it. and since nearly everyone can't effectively use strider yet and just relies on level 3 orbs/vajra assist...THATS why hes not showing up in results.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I think that was what Lombardi was getting at, Stingers. Vajra assist isn't that great; Doom's Hidden Missiles are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Smooth Criminal

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh yeah, def 100% with you there. but (IMO) strider is a much better character than doom. then again nobody plays doom for doom XD SOMEONES gotta be an assist char tho =p

TL?

Smash Ace
Strider is godlike. He's just not good online besides his level 3 so online warriors think he's bad. The assist is obscene with the right characters.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Strider is godlike. He's just not good online besides his level 3 so online warriors think he's bad. The assist is obscene with the right characters.
Did you know since every character has a 1 frame grab you can x-factor in the middle of ouro and just grab him?

TL?

Smash Ace
Did you know since every character has a 1 frame grab you can x-factor in the middle of ouro and just grab him?
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :(

Sounds easier said than done, but ouroboros is not all he has. He can do 1mil+ damage with 1 bar in xfactor, and he has really strong incoming mixups. He's a capable anchor without ouroboros. :bee:

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? :(

Sounds easier said than done, but ouroboros is not all he has. He can do 1mil+ damage with 1 bar in xfactor, and he has really strong incoming mixups. He's a capable anchor without ouroboros. :bee:
Let's be honest, that kind of damage with X-Factor is not a unique trait.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
vergil's mix-ups suck compared to striders, he just has a stupidly long sword that breaks the game...and 2 really good DHC options and any hit he lands is a TOD

strider has self left/right mix-ups, a stupid good teleport, a double jump, and is probably the fastest character in the game

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Both Vergil and Zero die from a passing breeze, dont get it twisted lol. They just take like, one or two extra hits.
Pretty much this.

Strider and RR die in a similar fashion.

Phoenix, well, you can't even land a full combo on her in most cases. She just kinda dies after a move or two. Lol.

Smooth Criminal

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
You also have to consider that, since Strider is an assist character, he can get bopped. Vergil can too, but I don't really see that happen too often.
We're not talking about those characters being assists. We're talking about them when they're on point. Of course they can get bopped when they're assists, and of course it doesn't happen very often, thanks to both characters' best assists (Rapid Slash for Vergil and Vajra for Strider).

Smooth Criminal

TL?

Smash Ace
You know else has one touch kills?

The entire cast.

Also, pretty sure Vergil has mixups almost as/just as good as Strider's (Oh, and Zero) and doesn't die from a passing breeze
You missed the part where I said that was not special. Obviously I understand that. I was saying that one touch AND solid mixups in xf means you're at least a competant anchor. Strider has that and more. There are characters that do not have both, or take too long to do damage in x factor. My only point is that strider without ouroboros is still a good anchor, but everyone just wants to keep pointing out the obvious....

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha i loved watching TRB last night. SOOO hyped that LLND beat infrit and got 2nd

after watching LLND FINALLY start using more gongs, i'm starting to believe more in my character haha. he is really good at knowing when to start offense with hsien ko, and goes in fearlessly with the senpu bu sometimes.

hsien ko vs zero is not a bad matchup either. HAHHAAHA. as long as u have gongs up, u don't have to worry about random busters, because zero doesn't have the vertical angle that hsien ko fears.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
So I wasn't the only one watching XD I like watching streams with less big name players since you see more interesting teams. I've heard of llnd before of course but watching his hsien ko was awesome. Same with windzeros jill

:phone:

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I use Doom for Doom and not just for his assist.

Just so happens his beam/missile assist work great on my 2 main teams.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Pre-TNT Season tourney at MGL, made Top 16 (results corrected).

Now I don't know whether to keep my previous obligation or go to the first TNT of the new season next week....

sanchaz

Smash Lord
I'm soooooo good. who else can push m h s people?????

I went undefeated in online marvel . next time you enter marvel just give me your money and sticks so i break them. there is nothing else i need to learn. sentinel just counters everyone. especially that loser arthur.

make sure to push down on the d pad 10 times in 2 seconds.

TL?

Smash Ace
I'm soooooo good. who else can push m h s people?????

I went undefeated in online marvel . next time you enter marvel just give me your money and sticks so i break them. there is nothing else i need to learn. sentinel just counters everyone. especially that loser arthur.

make sure to push down on the d pad 10 times in 2 seconds.
Are you for kidding me!?

Top Bottom