• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
Critque anyone, Team 1: Deadpool (Lead/Katana-Rama), Dr. Doom (Assist/HiddenMissles), Dante (Assist/Jam Session)
Team 2: Spider-Man (Lead/Web Ball), Dr. Doom (Assist/HiddenMissles), Vergil (Assist/RapidSlash)
Team 3: Ghost Rider (Lead/ChainOfRebuttel). Dr. Doom (Assist/HiddenMissles), Wesker (Assist/?????)

Kind of stuck on Wesker's Assist, if anyone wants to give me tips (and yes I'm good with Doom so I use him a lot) please let me know!

mood4food77

Smash Hero
your teams would be a lot better having dr. doom as your anchor functioning as a MvC2 style anchor, as dante/missiles and especially vergil/missiles are really friggen dumb

the third team, ghost rider and wesker have NO SYNERGY, they don't provide anything but combo extensions, you're better off replacing one of them (probably ghost rider cause he's terrible), but if you're adamant with the ghost rider/wesker combo, use the gamma assist as it provides the most options for both doom and ghost rider

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
your teams would be a lot better having dr. doom as your anchor functioning as a MvC2 style anchor, as dante/missiles and especially vergil/missiles are really friggen dumb

the third team, ghost rider and wesker have NO SYNERGY, they don't provide anything but combo extensions, you're better off replacing one of them (probably ghost rider cause he's terrible), but if you're adamant with the ghost rider/wesker combo, use the gamma assist as it provides the most options for both doom and ghost rider
Thought so, Ghost Rider I would like to have as a lead for another team, I just threw Wesker because I have no idea who else to throw in.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you can use sentinel with ghost rider/doom as sentinel and doom provide any character with great asssits, and sentinel is a better anchor than doom

so ghost rider/doom (missiles)/sentinel (drones) is an ok zoning team, but ghost rider is really really bad that wesker actually zones better than ghost rider does

sanchaz

Smash Lord
swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag etc.

swagchaz ********

TL?

Smash Ace
swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag swag
So much swag. :cool:

Anyways, did anyone watch grand finals for Summer jam? Yipes is insane at this game.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
you can use sentinel with ghost rider/doom as sentinel and doom provide any character with great asssits, and sentinel is a better anchor than doom

so ghost rider/doom (missiles)/sentinel (drones) is an ok zoning team, but ghost rider is really really bad that wesker actually zones better than ghost rider does

wow thank you, I will take a look into that. Sentinel was always a oddball character imo to use.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
So much swag. :cool:

Anyways, did anyone watch grand finals for Summer jam? Yipes is insane at this game.
Yipes is the only Dante main who know how to fram trap imo. Not to mention the most consistant.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
well its hard to imagine a team with strange properties that i've never seen before

what kind of tech do u have?

TL?

Smash Ace
I'm so rusty at this game. I was practicing all day, and can sort of do my Morrigan bnb again... lol

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I've been running Trish(Peekaboo)/Arthur(Heavenly Slash)/Taskmaster(Parabolic Shot) through MVC3, and I've been thinking of trying these out again on UMVC3 now that I have a better grasp at the game mechanics etc.
When I've been playing Ultimate I've mostly used random teams or the new guys.

I only used Heavenly Slash because it looked the coolest and I had no idea about the importance of assists back when I got MVC3, but I assume either Daggers or Fire Bottle will be best. But which should I go for, Bottle to give Trish an OTG and Horizontal Shot with Taskmaster, or Daggers to cover horizontal and Parabolic Shot to cover diagonal airspace, considering I like to fly a lot with Trish?
Or would I be fine as is with Heavenly Slash, even though I seldom use it?

TL?

Smash Ace
I've been running Trish(Peekaboo)/Arthur(Heavenly Slash)/Taskmaster(Parabolic Shot) through MVC3, and I've been thinking of trying these out again on UMVC3 now that I have a better grasp at the game mechanics etc.
When I've been playing Ultimate I've mostly used random teams or the new guys.

I only used Heavenly Slash because it looked the coolest and I had no idea about the importance of assists back when I got MVC3, but I assume either Daggers or Fire Bottle will be best. But which should I go for, Bottle to give Trish an OTG and Horizontal Shot with Taskmaster, or Daggers to cover horizontal and Parabolic Shot to cover diagonal airspace, considering I like to fly a lot with Trish?
Or would I be fine as is with Heavenly Slash, even though I seldom use it?
Ah yes, another Arthur user! Alright, slash is his worst assist. It does not have its startup invincibility when it is an assist. I would say go with daggers and put arthur last. Task is actually pretty good with that assist.

mood4food77

Smash Hero
actually I've checked out Punish's team at CEO 2012 of Captain America, Doctor Strange and Nova, I just swapped out Nova for Skrull. both play similar into getitng that Inferno blast HC out.
nova and skrull don't play anything alike

skrull is a "try and camp me mother****er and i'll bash your face in" character
nova is an offensive powerhouse with some cool toys

and nova on that team gives better support on his assists and his hypers (skrulls only good assist is his mash attack and strange already gives you a better lockdown assist, also nova has a beam hyper which is really friggen useful)

nova also has the most ******** option select grab in the game, it's beautiful :)

also, with the trish/task/arthur team, i'd run taskmaster on point with daggers backing him up, task is really annoying to deal with at the open due to his godlike normals (seriously, don't **** with them) and having a good screen covering assist like arthur's daggers helps, and then run peekaboo on trish and parabolic shot on tasky

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Ah yes, another Arthur user! Alright, slash is his worst assist. It does not have its startup invincibility when it is an assist. I would say go with daggers and put arthur last. Task is actually pretty good with that assist.
Thanks.
The only reason I use Task as an anchor is because I suck with him even though I enjoy using him, and I just XF3 and do the herp derp shield skills, air launcher, spidey swing, hyper OTG combo and spam arrows XD.

I was planning on using Dante/Trish/Joe before I got Vanilla, but Dante was way too complicated for me (and it was my first VS game outside of a few matches on TvC and CvSNK 1 or 2), and Joe's new voiced acted annoyed me. I chose Taskmaster because he was one of those I was interested in plus I already knew him/liked him anyway. Tried out Arthur just to mess around, had a load of fun with him in training and was doing some good damage, so I stuck with him. He's definitely one of the more fun characters for me to use, but that said I enjoy Hsien-Ko, Phoenix Wright, and Iron Fist a lot too.

ViperGold42

Smash Lord
nova and skrull don't play anything alike

skrull is a "try and camp me mother****er and i'll bash your face in" character
nova is an offensive powerhouse with some cool toys

and nova on that team gives better support on his assists and his hypers (skrulls only good assist is his mash attack and strange already gives you a better lockdown assist, also nova has a beam hyper which is really friggen useful)

nova also has the most ******** option select grab in the game, it's beautiful :)

also, with the trish/task/arthur team, i'd run taskmaster on point with daggers backing him up, task is really annoying to deal with at the open due to his godlike normals (seriously, don't **** with them) and having a good screen covering assist like arthur's daggers helps, and then run peekaboo on trish and parabolic shot on tasky
********? Uh whatever.

sanchaz

Smash Lord
Dive and kick??? no, no, no, no, no, no......

In order to be good at Divekick, you need to practice your **** talk. Playing marvel has taught me this very well.

I recommend beginner's to start off by saying "***** you is soooooo free." This will increase the chance of you winning drastically.

Everytime you lose a match, say "dat was bull****!."

Taunting in general.

Sandbagging is an advance tech. I don't recommend it your first 22 minutes of playing.

There you go, you can now win money, gauntlets, *****es, pizza, beer.....eh, the last three are all that matter.

Top Bottom