• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratos

Smash Ace

This is why we need a "block user from specific thread" option.
I think he's getting the right idea, afterall that could be the Smash Dungeon submission. The problem is he's not stating their behavior as an enemy.
I consider them as enemies, but I do not know what kind of Space Pirates to choose, I can not decide.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I consider them as enemies, but I do not know what kind of Space Pirates to choose, I can not decide.
Hmm, maybe go with the ones that have interesting ability, I recommend not choosing Zebesian for variety sake since we already have baby Metroid so you only left with Prime space pirates.

Last edited:

BowserKing

Smash Lord
Job 131

First Party: Reznor
1624624612146.png

Debuting in Super Mario World, these Triceratops based enemies will be shooting fireballs at their opponents, as well as ram their horns at them, but for the latter, only if they get close. As they will be found on the walls of the stage, it will make Stages a bit more difficult, but fun.

Third Party: Silverfish
1624624984625.png

This is one of the many mobs in Minecraft. These mobs spawn either when you fin the Ender Portal or mine certain blocks that are surprisingly easier to mine with swords. Here they will spawn if certain blocks get destroyed, either by the playable fighters or the bosses. They will ram you and sometimes disappear underground or near the closest block, waiting for the next attack.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Newcomer additions are next?👀
Air meant the “next newcomer job”. Newcomer job prompt won’t be until E3. We just entered into May on the timeline.

Also, and this is to the thread, please be kind to new users to the thread; especially those who don’t understand the process. We want new people to join; not drive them away.

S Stratos , it’s important to submit the content but also important to know what this content does. So while the Space Pirates are ok, we also need to know what this enemy does in battle. I think the Zebesian Space Pirate in the best choice because that’s the first kind players encountered. They were in the first Metroid game. Let me know which one you want to choose. We will be voting which enemy to include in the game in 12 hours.

Stratos

Smash Ace
I do not quite understand this topic at the moment, are we talking about enemies that could enter Adventure Mode or are we just writing about 1st and 3rd party enemies?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I do not quite understand this topic at the moment, are we talking about enemies that could enter Adventure Mode or are we just writing about 1st and 3rd party enemies?
We are submitting enemies to include in our new mode called Smash Dungeon. It’s like Smash Run but players travel through a long dungeon where they fight enemies, collect items, and level up. At the end, they fight against one of our many bosses. Once the boss is defeated, then players can proceed forward to the next dungeon.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Resubmitting Tonberry from being an AT since Final Fantasy is dry on representation​

TONBERRY
(Final Fantasy)

Who's this cute little fella?
Tonberry is a reoccurring enemy in the Final Fantasy series first appeared in Final Fantasy V and has been a mainstay since. This enemy is notorious for reasons that I will explain later on, they are a small creature always seen wearing a cloak and holding a lantern as they are usually resides within caves.

What will they do as an Assist?
Following my statement previously they are known to deal a heavy amount of damage with a single strike only if they can get close to you which wouldn't be a problem given that they tend to walk very slowly, giving Black Knight a run for his money.

As an enemy he will do the same thing. Upon spawning them in he will focuses on one target and just start advancing towards you, you can however hit them until they get knocked out but it's easier said than done cause they will also have a super armor that prevent them from flinching and will immediately attack you using their signature attack,
Butcher's Knife, where they will lunges forward in which deal massive amount of damage around 80% (for stamina, around 60% of given health) with an added zoom in effect similar to Hero's critical hit or whenever Lyn strike with her blade. Best tactic is to dodge his incoming attack at the right time.

Hi Ho.jpg

Hi Ho
(Star Fox)

Hi Ho is a fairly simple enemy, they are basically robot Bob-Omb but much faster, with them falling under the category of Chaos Unit in Star Fox Guard they were mostly there to disturb you, as a Smash Dungeon enemy he will do so by paralyzing you when near making you unable to move for a period of time and an easy punching bag but resulted them exploding in pieces.

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Would it alright to submit an enemy from a very closely related 3rd party series to one that's already included, but it itself isn't in the game yet? I have an idea or 2 for Spyro enemies but it technically doesn't qualify

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I choose Zebesian Space Pirates since they are from the first game and they have beam mounted in claws.

View attachment 320531
Great! Thank you so much for the submission! Following the end of this submission period (11 hours), we will start a voting period. The people who post in this thread will vote on which enemies they think should be included. I can’t guarantee the Zebesian Space Pirate will be included since it needs to get votes. That is why it’s important for people to not only show the enemy but also explaining what it does in battle and why it’s important to gaming history.

I understand the thread can be confusing and hard to understand at first so please take your time and please ask if you have any questions.

Also, Stratos, you can also submit a third party enemy. This third party enemy can be from any third party series that’s already in Smash. That’s Metal Gear Solid all the way to Tekken. Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil, Touhou Project, and Celeste are also eligible since we have included these franchises in Smash Infinite. They are represented by either a fighter or a stage. Please feel free to submit a third party enemy.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Would it alright to submit an enemy from a very closely related 3rd party series to one that's already included, but it itself isn't in the game yet? I have an idea or 2 for Spyro enemies but it technically doesn't qualify
I was considering possibly allowing something like this and will in the future. If I recall, Crash Bandicoot doesn’t have any enemies so for now, let’s wait till some are added before looking to Spyro.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I may edit in a first party later on, but here's my third party submission. (Apologies for the image quality, the Wikia had the only good transparent image I could find)
Seeker (Celeste)

Seekers are one of the only true enemies in Celeste. When they spot Madeline, they will charge, turning into an angrier version of themselves:

They will only charge in one direction and stop whenever Madeline leaves their sights. If Madeline jumps on them, they become a Dormant Seeker, leaving them out of her red/pink/blue hair for a good few seconds. (In the game, the only way to kill a Seeker is by crushing them with environmental objects, but that's neither here nor there).

In Smash, they will start out in their non-aggressive state, but charge when they see you, just like Celeste. They have 15% health, but can be difficult to land a hit on giving their aggressive and speedy nature. However, if you jump on them like you would Squirtle during his Side B, they will become dormant, long enough for you to possibly off them.

I think they should be included as it would be a unique an enemy that could be fun to fight.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Great! Thank you so much for the submission! Following the end of this submission period (11 hours), we will start a voting period. The people who post in this thread will vote on which enemies they think should be included. I can’t guarantee the Zebesian Space Pirate will be included since it needs to get votes. That is why it’s important for people to not only show the enemy but also explaining what it does in battle and why it’s important to gaming history.

I understand the thread can be confusing and hard to understand at first so please take your time and please ask if you have any questions.

Also, Stratos, you can also submit a third party enemy. This third party enemy can be from any third party series that’s already in Smash. That’s Metal Gear Solid all the way to Tekken. Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil, Touhou Project, and Celeste are also eligible since we have included these franchises in Smash Infinite. They are represented by either a fighter or a stage. Please feel free to submit a third party enemy.
So if I choose an enemy from the Resident Evil series other than the Hunter will it be allowed? Because I think of Licker, which is the zombie's mutation in the Resident Evil series and has sharp long nails and a very long tongue.

1624631617667.png

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I would like to repeal both, the dragon and roller submissions, and in their place I would like to submit Sammy Bros. and Two Headed Lab Assistant.

The Sammy Bros. are an enemy from Mole Mania, the muscular dudes in the thongs. They can appear in a minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 and will follow one another through a set, looping pattern. (for example: walk to the right on a platform, jump off the platform, walk to the left, jump back on the platform, repeat) When hit they do not recieve knockback, nor do they ricochet when KO'd. They can only be hit with projectiles, if hit up close they'll do a counterattack chop - which can desync them, leading to any that bump going the opposite direction of where they were going. All they can really do is walk, jump, go down platforms, and the aforementiomed counter attack. With an Assist Trophy and Master Spirit, Mole Mania has been recieving quite a decent bit of representation and, while Muddy is disconfirmed, I don't think we should stop at those two pieces of content given Mole Mania is a decently popular bit of lore among die hard Nintendo fans.

The Two Headed Lab Assistant is from Crash Bandicoot. They wield fried chicken as clubs. In this game they will swing forward one chicken, give some time for you to attack, then swing another chicken. The chicken hits don't deal much damage but do a lot of knockback. Once KO'd they leave behind both chicken meals, which you can eat to heal a lot of health, much like Paisy's final smash. I'm only really submitting this because Crash needs an enemy.

I would also like to apologise to Stratos, I was being a bit of an a-double-dollar-hole, I admit. Sorry about that.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
So if I choose an enemy from the Resident Evil series other than the Hunter will it be allowed? Because I think of Licker, which is the zombie mutation in the Resident Evil series and has sharp long nails and a very long tongue.

View attachment 320532
Sure! Thanks for the submissions! We will get into newcomer submissions eventually so when that happens, please submit a character!

Mr. Robotto

Smash Ace
Due to user feedback, we've updated the music caps on the music doc. We're also going update music caps from now on whenever a stage from a certain series gets added.

We'll be approaching this in a certain way; whenever a new first party stage from a series already represented in smash gets added, that series gets 4 new spots for music in the doc. For third parties, it is 3 new spots instead of 4. There will also be certain special circumstances, these depend on the situation and context, but they're mostly accommodating for new bosses or echoes.

These are the current changes.

--First Party: +4 tracks for each newly included stage--
  • Super Mario Bros. - from 25 to 29 tracks (+4 to make up for Megafruit Paradise)​
  • Donkey Kong - from 14 to 18 (+4 for Sawmill Thrill)​
  • The Legend of Zelda - from 14 to 18 (+4 for Koholint Island)​
  • Metroid - from 15 to 19 (+4 for SR388)​
  • Kirby - from 15 to 19 (+4 for Gigabyte Ruins)​
  • Yoshi - from 8 to 12 (+4 for Crafted World)​
  • Animal Crossing - 11 to 15 (+4 for Mystery Island)​
  • Xenoblade - from 12 to 16 (+ 4 for New Los Angeles)​
  • Splatoon - from 13 to 17 (+4 for Deepsea Metro)​

--Third Party: +3 tracks for each newly included stage--
  • Mega Man - from 7 to 10 (+3 for Central Highway)​
  • Street Fighter - from 7 to 10 (+3 for Shopping Street)​
  • Castlevania - from 8 to 11 (+3 for Clock Tower)​

--Special Circumstances--
  • SNK - from 0 to 5 (Rugal Bernstein being a boss character in Adventure Mode)​
  • Resident Evil - from 12 to 25 (to accommodate for Leon's inclusion)​

And that's pretty much it, if you want more tracks for a certain series, then be sure to push for some new major content for it in Infinite. The Leadership Team will also be regulating the music doc frequently, so please don't just fill in an entire tracklist by yourself. And we advise against adding in music tracks that are in a weird position in general, be it legal-wise or series-wise.

Have fun adding in tracks!

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
I would like to repeal both, the dragon and roller submissions, and in their place I would like to submit Sammy Bros. and Two Headed Lab Assistant.

The Sammy Bros. are an enemy from Mole Mania, the muscular dudes in the thongs. They can appear in a minimum of 2 and maximum of 4 and will follow one another through a set, looping pattern. (for example: walk to the right on a platform, jump off the platform, walk to the left, jump back on the platform, repeat) When hit they do not recieve knockback, nor do they ricochet when KO'd. They can only be hit with projectiles, if hit up close they'll do a counterattack chop - which can desync them, leading to any that bump going the opposite direction of where they were going. All they can really do is walk, jump, go down platforms, and the aforementiomed counter attack. With an Assist Trophy and Master Spirit, Mole Mania has been recieving quite a decent bit of representation and, while Muddy is disconfirmed, I don't think we should stop at those two pieces of content given Mole Mania is a decently popular bit of lore among die hard Nintendo fans.

The Two Headed Lab Assistant is from Crash Bandicoot. They wield fried chicken as clubs. In this game they will swing forward one chicken, give some time for you to attack, then swing another chicken. The chicken hits don't deal much damage but do a lot of knockback. Once KO'd they leave behind both chicken meals, which you can eat to heal a lot of health, much like Paisy's final smash. I'm only really submitting this because Crash needs an enemy.

I would also like to apologise to Stratos, I was being a bit of an a-double-dollar-hole, I admit. Sorry about that.
Apology accepted, thank you.

Stratos

Smash Ace
Sure! Thanks for the submissions! We will get into newcomer submissions eventually so when that happens, please submit a character!
I had also thought about Licker β which is from what I realized it is the next mutation from Progenitor Virus but this might not have been accepted.

1624633157424.png

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while now but never got around to it. I keep mentioning stuff about timelines and such but never elaborated it. This following timeline isn't something set in stone per say but its a working outline. I am not including the actual prompts though since I feel that would go against the nature of the thread. The timeline is always subject to change so please keep that in mind. Also, when you see a newcomer prompt, please assume that we will also include a stage and other content like Mii Costumes affiliated with it. Yellow is related to a Direct. We are winding down on our pre-launch development so I feel providing a road map will keep the thread in the know on what to expect.

132: New Game Mode
133: Alternate Colors
134: Boss Submission
135: Mode Change Submission
136: Newcomer Prompt
137: Newcomer Prompt

138: Alternate Colors
139: Smash Dungeon Enemies
140: Wishing Stars
141: Smash Dungeon enemies
142: SECRET
143: Alternate colors
144: Item Submission
145: Newcomer Prompt
146: Newcomer Prompt

147: Stage Prompt
148: Alternate Colors
149: Wishing Stars
150: Mode Submission
151: Mii Fighter Costume
152: SECRET
153: Newcomer Prompt
154: Alternate Colors
155: SECRET
156: Boss Submission
157: Alternate Colors
158: Newcomer Prompt
159: Alternate Colors
160: Smash Dungeon/Wishing Stars Enemies
161: Wishing Stars Content
162: Alternate Colors
163: Mii Costume
164: New Game Mode (Possibly)
165: Alternate colors
166: Wishing Stars Content
167: Wishing Stars Boss
168: Newcomer Prompt
169: Alternate Colors
170: Assist Trophy Prompt
171: Assist Trophy Prompt
172: Pokemon Prompt
173: Item Prompt
173: Smash Dungeon Boss Prompt
174: Smash Dungeon Dungeon Prompts
175: Game Mode Prompt
176: Newcomer Prompt
177: Newcomer Prompt
178: Stage Prompt
179: Stage Prompt
180: Alternate Colors
181: Newcomer Prompt
182: Wishing Stars
183: Wishing Stars
184: SECRET

185: DLC Discussion
186: Game is Launched
187: DLC Season

Last edited:

Stratos

Smash Ace
This is something that I have been wanting to do for a while now but never got around to it. I keep mentioning stuff about timelines and such but never elaborated it. This following timeline isn't something set in stone per say but its a working outline. I am not including the actual prompts though since I feel that would go against the nature of the thread. The timeline is always subject to change so please keep that in mind. Also, when you see a newcomer prompt, please assume that we will also include a stage and other content like Mii Costumes affiliated with it. Yellow is related to a Direct. We are winding down on our pre-launch development so I feel providing a road map will keep the thread in the know on what to expect.

That is, will there be issues with a specific series?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
That is, will there be issues with a specific series?
I didn’t include the details for each job (for example, Newcomer Prompt, Stage Submission, etc). Typically, there is a theme or prompt for each job. Some previous newcomer job prompts have been “Submit a retro character” or “submit a Capcom newcomer”. After a submission round, we then do voting on the thread or on Google Forms. Takamaru won the retro character job prompt and Jill Valentine won the Capcom job prompt. As long as the newcomer and series lines up with the job prompt, then it should be ok. Even though, we currently do not allow fourth party content like Dragon Ball Z. We also are trying to keep submissions for the pre-launch content have been present on a Nintendo system.

Jomosensual

Smash Champion

Nice. Bookmarking this post for future reference. Given that we're in May right now game wise, I assume that final direct is something like how Ultimate got a stand alone one and not just an E3 deal?

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Wait, so series that have no Nintendo appearances will be elegible for DLC?

🤞🤞
It’s certainly a possibility. Showcasing a non-Nintendo all star is a great marketing tool to sell DLC.

Nice. Bookmarking this post for future reference. Given that we're in May right now game wise, I assume that final direct is something like how Ultimate got a stand alone one and not just an E3 deal?
Our past E3 where we revealed five newcomers plus tons of new content was like Brawl’s reveal plus Ultimate’s reveal smushed together. However, we Are assuming a more Smash 4 development period. So our E3 will simply be newcomer reveals; much like the Mii Fighters, Palutena, and (lol) Pac-Man. We have one more Smash Direct near the launch date so around early November.

Yiptap

Smash Lord
1st Party enemy: Pigmask (Mother)

The Pigmask would walk around slowly, with his blaster in hand. However, the moment he sees a fighter, he shoots forward beams from his gun (resembling the animation when he does so in Mother 3). If you're close enough to the Pigmask, he can attack you with a kick with relatively short range. He isn't the strongest foe, but not the weakest neither. It can be a threat if fought in hordes.

3rd Party enemy: Killing Machine (Dragon Quest)

The Killing Machine would walk around the stage with its suction like feet. When close, the Killing Machine would swing its sword forwards, dealing great damage and knockback. The Killing Machine can also shoot its crossbow when far away, and shoot its laser forwards, being its most powerful attack. It also has a chance for its attacks to deal a critical hit, similarly to Hero.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team

I’m noticing that some newcomers are not highlighted in yellow. Does this mean some characters will not be revealed and instead a surprise for those who get the game? Or am I missing something?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Job 131

1st Party Enemy:

Boo (Mario)

Boo CTTT.png

According to the Smash Infinite Wiki, we only have Goombas, Koopas, and Paratroopas for Mario enemies, so I thought we could use some more considering how many iconic enemies there are from that series. Boos are one of the longest running and beloved Mario enemies, and will behave generally the same manner they do in the Mario games, covering their eyes and staying still when the player faces them, but floating towards the player when the player is faced away.

Originally submitted Hammer Bro, but didn't catch that part about previous Smash Run/Subspace enemies being ineligible.

3rd Party Enemy:

Creeper (Minecraft)

Minecraft Mobs Explained: Creepers!

One of the oldest mobs in Minecraft, the Creeper is one of the most famous symbols of Minecraft across pop culture, on par with Steve himself, so much so that it was given a special role in his reveal trailer of blowing up Mario. Creeper will behave in generally the same manner as they do in the Minecraft games, chasing the player around, and after a certain time, exploding, doing high damage.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I’m noticing that some newcomers are not highlighted in yellow. Does this mean some characters will not be revealed and instead a surprise for those who get the game? Or am I missing something?
Yellow means they are apart of a Nintendo Direct. Those not in yellow will be revealed differently.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
First Party: Smick (Gyromite/Stack Up
9E2E88F8-5568-44D0-8892-5F1148D1582C.jpeg

It may sound weird but this reptilian avian monster runs around. Appearing in pixel/spirits form, it will attempt to bite any players nearby.

Third Party: Sniper Joe
A robotic minion who used his shield to block incoming attacks and then fires from his energy firearm. He can only be damaged when shooting or jumping. This enemy is iconic to the Mega Man Series and ranks up there with those of Mettaur.

Last edited:

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
We will be jumping into our next voting session which involves the submitted Smash Dungeon enemies!

Here are all of the submissions:

First Party
Please vote for your top three submissions.

Bunnit (Xenoblade) GolisoPower GolisoPower
Harold (Donkey Kong) Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Hoplin (Ring Fit Adventure) cashregister9 cashregister9
Reznor (Mario) BowserKing BowserKing
Hi Ho (Star Fox) Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Zebesian Space Pirate (Metroid) S Stratos
Sammy Bros. (Muddy Mole) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Pigmask (MOTHER/Earthbound) Yiptap Yiptap
Boo (Mario) Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Smick (Gyromite) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

Third Party
Please vote for your top five submissions

Fairies (Touhou) GolisoPower GolisoPower
Nightmare Virus (Mega Man) Glubbfubb Glubbfubb
Mokujin/Tetsujin (Tekken) cashregister9 cashregister9
Silverfish (Minecraft) BowserKing BowserKing
Tonberry (Final Fantasy) Commander_Alph Commander_Alph
Seeker (Celeste) Janx_uwu Janx_uwu
Licker (Resident Evil) S Stratos
Two-Headed Lab Assistant (Crash Bandicoot) Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario Wario
Killing Machine (Dragon Quest) Yiptap Yiptap
Creeper (Minecraft) Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12
Sniper Joe (Mega Man) Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom

We will continue to use the Google Forms method of voting so, if you can, please utilize it to cast your votes.

You can access the voting form here

Make sure to include your username plus if you included any content. We are no longer requiring Emails but we do require people to be logged into Google Forms in order to vote. This ensures there’s only one vote per person.

Job #132: Submit an Online-Only Mode

So for, we have a lot modes such as Smash Dungeon, Wishing Stars, King of the Hill, and more. This time, we will be focusing on a mode that can only be played online. You may include modes that utilize multiplayer Versus mode but nothing beyond that so Smashdown or other related modes can’t be used.

When submitting, please provide the following content:
  • Name of the mode
  • How many players
  • How the mode works
  • Why should people vote for it?

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
First party:
1. Pigmask
2. Zebesian Space Pirate
3. Boo

Third party:
1. Sniper Joe
2. Seeker
3. Two Headed Lab Assistant

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 132

Conquest 2.0

Conquests were in Smash 4, it was an event that took the total score of a themed group of characters and pit them against each other.

This revamped version would be more specific, there would be 2 variations, Character Conquest and Spirit Conquest, Character conquests would function like original conquests, there would be 2-3 teams made up of specific characters that tie into the theme, Spirit conquests would have 4 teams each having a selection of spirits that coincide with the theme.

The actual battles would have 2 variations, either standard comp rules but you can only use the characters/spirits and casual rules that change the items and stages around the theme of the conquest with the same character and spirit restrictions.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Job #132:

Spirit Island:

Taking place on a deserted tropical island, Spirit Island takes the ideas of Smash Run and Smash Tour and puts them in a proverbial blender.

The rules are simple: you start on a random part of the map as a Mii Fighter of your choice. As soon as the game starts, the real fun begins: you explore the island in search of Fighters to join your side, up to a maximum of 5 fighters, and Spirits to bolster those Fighters. If you find a fighter you want more than you have in your 5 fighters, you can swap them out with another at any time. Scattered across the island are Spirit Forges where you can sacrifice specific Spirits in favor of stronger Spirits. Where you move is entirely up to you: no dice or wheel to spin at all.

Everyone else is invisible to you until you bump into one another in these spots called Great Frays, where you at minimum, two players face each other with the Fighters they've collected, or as their Mii Fighter if they haven't collected any. Every Great Fray has a different set of rules that shift every 1 minute, said rules being the same as in Spirit Battles. One minute, it'll be a 3-stock battle on icy ground and floaty jumps, another minute, it'll be a Stamina Smashdown match with Poison Fog and bolstered damage. Be sure when you enter a Great Fray so as to take advantage of the abilities of your Spirits. Beating someone in a Great Fray battle rewards you with the fighter you've done the most damage to, as well as the Spirit Kit they're equipped with.

At the end of 10 minutes, there will be a Final Battle, where all players' Fighters and their Spirit Kits will duke it out in a Smashdown-style match, choosing the order in which you want to spawn Fighters. The last fighter standing is the winner.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Smash 22
Taking a page from Mario 36, players can participate in quick one minute battles against players in rapid fire succession. The players main screen is always situated in the center while other screens detailing other matches border this main screen. Once a player is defeated, that defeated player moves into your center screen and the match starts. There is a quick loading screen which will load up the information to get players quickly into the battle. If you are defeated, then you get moved into the next most available match. If no one is KOd, the match will restart.
Here are the rules for Smash 22:
Only 22 players can play
One minute matches
FS Meter is always on
No Spirits
Items are on

How do you start it up?
When starting a match, you first choose your stage and character. These will be used throughout your Smash 22 session. They can't be changed. Following that, you choose the time frame you want (listed below) and then jump into a waiting room for 21 other players to show up.

Is there a time limit?
Players can choose between 5, 10, 15, or 22 minute sessions.

What happens when someone logs off/quits?
This causes a point against that users profile which could result in an online ban. The system then does one of two things 1) Quickly searches for an available match within the one minute time window, 2) give the player a win and place them on stand by (the aforementioned loading screen). Speed is key.

What happens when the time limit ends?
Once the time limit hits 10-22 minutes, the session ends. The player with the most amount of kills during this session is the winner.

Wouldn't it be confusing to have 22 Smash matches on the same screen?
Yes, it would be hence why the 21 other screens (minus the players of course) have both muted colors as well as sound. In addition, the effects and graphics are more subdued.

Why not make it so players change opponents when one of them dies?

I considered this but, even that felt way more chaotic and not well structured so that's why I went with the 1:00 rule to ensure everyone has an opponent to fight. It also allows more Kills as opposed to stocks.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu and Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide , please be advised that we are voting on Google forms. Unless you are unable to access the forms; we are asking participants to use this method. We no longer require participants to enter email addresses.

If you can’t access the forms (not having a Google account for example), you may post your votes here but please be advised that Category 2: third party enemies is asking for 5 votes. This is due to this category having more entries than the first category.

Regardless, I do stress to use Google Forms as it helps keep voting secret and makes it easier for the team in compiling votes.

Janx_uwu

Smash Champion
Writing Team
We're voting on Google Forms.
Janx_uwu Janx_uwu and Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide , please be advised that we are voting on Google forms. Unless you are unable to access the forms; we are asking participants to use this method. We no longer require participants to enter email addresses.

If you can’t access the forms (not having a Google account for example), you may post your votes here but please be advised that Category 2: third party enemies is asking for 5 votes. This is due to this category having more entries than the first category.

Regardless, I do stress to use Google Forms as it helps keep voting secret and makes it easier for the team in compiling votes.
Sorry-force of habit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom