• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
turtling and winning is a lot harder than it looks at higher levels.

it almost never works versus zerg, and good protoss will destroy you.

I did turtle this one zerg though... he had literally everything and he still couldnt break through LOL

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master

I did turtle this one zerg though... he had literally everything and he still couldnt break through LOL
yeah that makes sense. protoss are so beast late game. i suck at playing sc but i like watching pros play on youtube >_>...and the ones with (english)commentary are so much better cuz it explains alot of strats and stuff.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
****it guys...

OK, I'll request Aug 1 for now.

As long as the twins can make it for that day, we're good.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice

i respectfully disagree for t... while everything is hard at high levels turtle => nat expo is pretty much the go to strat for ran unless youre boxer or something...

or at least that was how i remember it..

man sc... i used to be such a boss in that game quit after wgt 2004... on the other hand id think the metagames have changed since then so im probably pretty out of date... it would be cool to play again just to see how it works now lol...

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
well generally when people say "turtling" they don't mean just taking your natural expo.

you have to take a quick 3rd base then do a maxed out timing push. or you have to get your army to a good position (in the middle of the map usually) to saw the map in half. Terran will win the game always if he has half the map, so from there you just have to defend. These are usually what people mean (at least now) when people say terran turtle like ***s. Almost all of the strategies are map dependent.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I'm still here, Eric, but you'll have to come all the way over here to face me.

I think Tom and Alex are coming back in a few weeks.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
no i didn't go to kansas

errol went ballistic when he found out it was 2 days. I wasn't exactly stoked either....

so yeah i didn't go.

DONNYBROOK

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
you guys shoulda gone to e-52. incredible venue. mango is just ridiculous. apparently mango got ***** by darkrain in dittos, even tho darkrain told me they ended up going 50/50 towards the end. by the transitive property, darkrain is better than SS:ohwell: matt could probably take on the spectre.

twins, are you both going to be down at u of i? are u there now?

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
darkrain vs jman was quite impressive although it looked like jman was not playing hard

ray chun do another tourny june 6th or whatever like you told tommy boy....im not going back to champaign but tom goes back the 13th or something

slomo431

Smash Ace
Still back home...but I am planning a trip back down to Champaign in the next few weeks. Maybe I should wait til the 13th so we could have a smashfest at Tom's.

Top Bottom