• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
yeah statistics, markov chains, and the poisson process are like 80% of 3L. all i had to do really was review what stepanov and gorvett taught in whatever classes they were and a few life formulas and i was pretty good to go i think. i guess that's what happens when like all the act sci profs are FCAS they make it easier to go that route

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
I am going to U o Illinois in the fall.

Thought: set the facebook group to open so people like me can join and get on the waiting list..

I'm friends with Crimson Queso on fb, he knows who I am.

Edit: Just realized I had to be on the Uoillinois network..I have to wait till may 21 to get my email :(
nobody uses the facebook group :(

do you play brawl or melee?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wait, I'm busy Wed evening. I could play around 3 (or whenever I get out of the 431 exam).

Does that work for you guys?

TheStig

Smash Lord
I think he plays melée but I played his olimar in a tounament a long time ago

ally and lain are too good, m2k is going to have a rough time when he moves to the midwest

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I think he was going to be taking P nowabouts.

Wow, 1 minute. I'm pretty amazing.

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
I am going to U o Illinois in the fall.

Thought: set the facebook group to open so people like me can join and get on the waiting list..

I'm friends with Crimson Queso on fb, he knows who I am.

Edit: Just realized I had to be on the Uoillinois network..I have to wait till may 21 to get my email :(
cool, you know Yao? I hope that means your a melee player - we need more of them! We have enough brawlers, though more are always welcome.

See you this fall :)

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
He doesn't look like that big of a cheater from here...

Apex Results (Singles)

1: Ally(guess)
2: Mew2King(guess)

3: Lain(Ics, DDD)
4: Anti(Snake, MK)
5: Atomsk(DDD)
5: Ksizzle(Lucario, MK)
7: ADHD(Diddy Kong)
7: Anther(Pikachu)
9: Seibrik(MK, DDD)
9: Candy(Snake)
9: NinjaLink(Rob, Diddy, Pikachu)
9: Blackwaltz(Olimar)

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Sounds like Tom doesn't like that idea. We should beat him up and take his lunch money.

The test was no big deal (studying paid off). The options problems were pretty much giveaways.

E.g. Alex Lane buys a call and sells a put. This position could be replicated by: (buying the stock).

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
You're learning
1. that we should beat up Tom
2. that studying pays off
3. about options
?

Me14k

Smash Lord
nobody uses the facebook group :(

do you play brawl or melee?
LOL brawl is for nubs.

I play melee and only melee. I kinda stopped playing competitively bc brawl killed the chicago smash community.. I hear you guys play melee...God Bless.

cool, you know Yao? I hope that means your a melee player - we need more of them! We have enough brawlers, though more are always welcome.

See you this fall :)
I actually live in the same neighborhood as yao/crimson queso..yet we have never played smash together O.o

On that note, yao, I demand that we smash at least once over the summer..

slomo431

Smash Ace
yao is good he pretty much owns jon, champaign's resident falco who taught matt r all he knows.

chicago's been trying to make a comeback hopefully we get some things together this summer while some of our big names are back in town from college

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
yao is good he pretty much owns jon, champaign's resident falco who taught matt r all he knows.
Horse****, Yao took one set from me in a tournament you #@$%ing $#$%face. He does have really good IC's though, but I'm not sure how much he plays anymore even though he lives close to me.

$%#$

Edit: Yao's a scrub. If he reads this he needs to start playing DOTA again.

CrimsonQueso

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jon, did you know I wrote the most popular guide on Dota Allstars Forum? The comments are basically 16 pages of people telling me how awesome I am

Me14k

Smash Lord
thats cool..one of my high school friends that I smash with is going to northwestern. He ***** in brawl but he is also solid in melee. (metroid1117)

Top Bottom