• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
people come to weston at 12:30, other people are coming early i guess...me and tom are leaving now Jimmy Johns----> weston

i dont want to play tom for half an hour

TheStig

Smash Lord
andy, next friday its on...board games all day

and trivial pursuit on me

body shots...even with the swine flu? u crazzay but legendary

slomo431

Smash Ace
I recorded my answers this time.

Actuarial Outpost forumgoers always pools their answers together to get stats on what everyone chose for each question and also tend to discuss the solutions to each one individually. Sometimes random guys will work it out including the ASM author once in a while. I don't know how they get ahold of the questions but they always have em somehow.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Wednesday evening would be good for me if anyone's up for that.
Or Friday, if people are still here.

Me14k

Smash Lord
I am going to U o Illinois in the fall.

Thought: set the facebook group to open so people like me can join and get on the waiting list..

I'm friends with Crimson Queso on fb, he knows who I am.

Edit: Just realized I had to be on the Uoillinois network..I have to wait till may 21 to get my email :(

slomo431

Smash Ace
good luck. i actually thought fm was pretty easy in terms of how much studying i needed over what i learned from the gorv. P on the other hand killed me. took me 2 tries for that ho

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
i basically didnt study for P or FM beyond taking Math 408/409 and 210....and then I did some practice problems from online and thats all...so you should be good

MLC is Friday....im crushing this practice test right now

slomo431

Smash Ace
see that was my problem i didn't take 408/409 i took some other terrible probability courses since i already took 1 for when i was in computer engineering gorvett said i could just take the sequel to that and not have to take those. those professors sucked. the professor of the sequel class gave me my first a- since like the 6th grade

i also haven't really taken a practice exam in...ever. at most i just read the solutions to 1 or 2 of em. for actual practice problems i just do the end of chapter exercises, but i didn't even have time for even that for 3L and i think i made it out ok. 3L is easy. i still had like 80 pages left in my manual not counting prac exams and it didn't hurt me at all. the questions that were on that stuff were solvable by common sense and old probability knowledge. never even looked at the practice exams. i honestly think it was because of stepanov. i could've done all those statistics and hypothesis testing questions without even having studied at all pretty much. all i had to learn was a little life contingencies

Top Bottom