• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
Yeah you're most likely to get some type of Assistant Analyst or Analyst I type role depending on that company's naming conventions. I know Wellpoint's got three openings for Analyst I's and require only at least 1 exam and while experience is probably preferred, doesn't state any needed on the posting. I'd refer you but I don't even start for a while yet.

Also, did you post your resume on Actuarial Outpost yet? I posted mine with fake contact info and I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but I started getting a lot more calls from HR people once I made all the changes the guys there suggested.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Well hope it's an Actuarial Analyst, which is what I am.

No, I never had an internship. My interviewing was even worse a year earlier when I was looking for those.

AO resume help is definitely good. vjvj will set you straight.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
yo let's smash soon guys. I can do anytime this weekend. let's try and get 2 setups this time if we're gonna have more than 3 ppl total.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
My fingers are itching for smash, but I dont have time sigh ...
maybe I'll find some time next week.... arg... also who is planning smym. considering my time, I dont think I can do any of the pre-planning other than talking here.

I suggest someone go to McKinley, present yourself as a person wanting to hold a video game tournament and that this group has done it every year. Ask if the top room is available, if not, ask for the normal room that is always rented. Ask for what days are available during the spring. And then come back here and post days you think would work best, and let's figure this **** out.

wiitubeaccount

Smash Apprentice
Redditor here. I just posted on r/UIUC about looking for people who can play melee. Hopefully we can set up a good smashing melee time!

Man I haven't posted in a while.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
welcome wiitube. hopefully these other reddit scrubs grow some balls and make accounts. I'm tired of seeing people talking **** with nothing to back it up, much less on places other than smashboards.

^
THE CALLOUT. SHOT MATCHES FOR ALL!

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
r/uiuc redittor here (c00ller), first post ever, just kind of curious (and intimidated lol)

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice

lurk much? nothing to be intimidated by. why do we have so many falcon mains?
I made the account just to have one, I read a few character guides when I was starting out, and didn't really look at Smashboards again other than to get UIUC tournament info (and never went anyway :embarrass:)

I main falcon because 1) silentspectre was my hero, 2) I love the combos and knees, and 3) tbh I think he's the easiest to become decent at (other than Sheik, but Sheik is boring imo).

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
I main falcon because 1) silentspectre was my hero, 2) I love the combos and knees, and 3) tbh I think he's the easiest to become decent at (other than Sheik, but Sheik is boring imo).
interesting... i definitely consider marth, jiggs, and peach easier than falcon at a lowish level of play. i guess it depends what we're considering to be "decent" though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Peach is def. the easiest to be "good" at when "good" means god-awful-but-not-as-bad-as-people-who-don't-play-competitively.

Just Dsmash.

Also we should have melee'd this weekend. I blame kevin for having responsibilities and schoolwork and whatever.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
is that your brother alex? i remember you said he goes to binghamton...

i got gf johns all weekend starting tmw night. i need to get a huge MP done before monday too. That said, we need to get in some smash before The Big House

I need a final confirmation of who's going to the big house. Even if you've posted before about it, just post again confirming that you're going so we can make sure we have enough room in the cars and stuff. and make sure you register online. it's required.

reddit ppl that i haven't met yet: we'll smash soon. There will be at least one session, hopefully more, between now and October 22nd. I'll try to remember to post on the /r/uiuc so you guys see it, but continue to check this thread. (I think you can get an RSS feed of this thread. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but i haven't done it myself since I'm on smashboards quite a bit anyway)

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
(I think you can get an RSS feed of this thread. Shouldn't be too hard to do, but i haven't done it myself since I'm on smashboards quite a bit anyway)
This would be ideal for me since I use Google Reader religiously, but I can't find a way to get an RSS feed of the thread :c

tbhuang2

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to come to a melee session Friday (or whenever), but would I be a scrub if I came without a controller? I left mine at home :/

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
I don't have an extra controller, but I might be able to get you one from someone else. If not, as long as we have more than two people I'm sure we can just swap out after a match / set and you can use someone else's.

Anyone who's interested in playing today PM me or reply here :)

PSICaramel

Smash Rookie
Actually, PAR has more room and is easier to find. There's only one setup though, so if more than 3 people show up someone should bring another. Try looking around Babcock 100s

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
I can bring a setup as long as someone has a memory card with everything unlocked (my old one got lost and this one doesn't have everything). And I'm not sure what you meant by Babcock 100s...

PSICaramel

Smash Rookie
It's one of the halls in PAR. It should become obvious when you get inside. There's also a dining hall there, so if anyone needs to, they can eat there.

Master Ppv

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. By the way, do you have an extra controller? tbhuang2 mentioned that he might need one. If you don't, I can try borrowing one from someone around here.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
tim: can you drive for the big house? jack can't go now due to unforeseen circumstances...

everyone: melee wednesday/thursday afternoon/evening?

TuxingtonIII

Smash Apprentice
Ya, I can drive. I'll look more at the details in a bit.

I could do Thursday. Given my score on my last midterm, I should probably study more -_-;;

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
My recording setup now includes commentary. I'll be recording when we smash so i can stress test the setup and also so we can get some critique before the tournament.

I'm free tmw probably after 6. Otherwise, Thursday after 5 is good too.

edit: tim and PSI, I'm good to leave anytime Friday since I have no class that day. Also, I'm not sure about the housing situation in ann arbor. I can stay with my gf but her roommate is having ppl over so i don't know if there's room for you two as well.

Top Bottom