• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
I took a one hour nap yesterday afternoon and overslept by 4 and a half hours.

hrm... ftl think im cancelling on you for today. I'm too lazy to go anywhere for the comparitively meager degree of fun that brawl provides.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
so we came up with an idea for the elite 4...you charge them based on their character

Fox=$5
Falco, Sheik,Marth=$4
ANyone Else=$3

does this sound good?

Also, I think we should try to make this as simple as possible so more people do it so I think we should just do a straight crew battle, no items, like 5 vs 15 stock or something

edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6345249&postcount=8
bingo

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Nah, that's unnecessary complication, and it's only $1.25 per person as it is. Ordinary crews sounds good, but 5 vs 15 might scare people off. Maybe 4 vs 10?

What's the prize? $15, $20, $25?

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
It's more interesting if you can use the potion at any percent. Imagine someone trying to get just one more kill while he's at high % before he uses it.

But I like where Matt was going better. Let's not make this any nerdier than it has to be.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
im trying to apply actuarial science to this....like we have no chance of losing to any character besides fox imo....we can eliminate that risk by making foxies have to pay much more money

then we need to figure out the right stock ratio....2 to 1 stocks is not enough to be safe I dont think especially with those foxes...how about 6 vs 16

i want to keep a high prize so a lot of people will try it so we make a lot of money...i still like $50

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
No Gary. If people have a surprise extra opponent they won't be happy.

Regarding making Fox more expensive: well, you were going to make the other characters less expensive. $5 is sort of a minimum--no one cars whether they pay 4 or 5. Making Fox much more expensive would make some sense, but that's not what you were suggesting.

Here's some actuarial science: you don't price your policy so that you need to sell 10 of them to be able to pay out, especially with a small sample size--we likely won't have time to play 10 of them. I say $25. I think people will still be willing to pay 5 for the chance to get 25, and if we lose we won't each owe $12.50. Imagine losing twice and owing $25 each...

6 v 16 might make the matches take a bit long. What about 5 v 12? That and $25 prize sounds good to me. I don't think anyone can beat us 5 v 12.

And actually, I'm thinking the biggest threat is Drephen.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Too bad you don't have footage of my awesome skillful Sheik tilt combos, or my patented pill-jab-downsmash.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I disagree that Craptain Falcon counters Sheik. Maybe ol' Tom Turbine just knows how to beat your Sheik...

And Alex didn't fare too well against Drephen at MSOP. Hope it goes better this time!

Anyway, someone should argue with me about those ideas a couple posts ago, or else we should use them.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
im ready to beat anyone...

fox is in the hyberbolic time chamber

no way in hell is the biggest threat drephen...

its a fox as matt said.. honestly its not that hard to 2-3 stock the twins with fox which would screw everything LOL jk

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Then I hope someone has some anti-Fox strategies. I never play, so I'm not really good against anyone.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
the best comboes anyone else can come up with is Andy's patented jabs with shiek which may be considered better than that whole video itself

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Actually, on Friday a lot of my Sheik jabs were comboing into other people's moves instead of mine. I'll work on that next time we play.

But jab-downsmash with El Doctor... don't mess with that.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
tuesday i think is the only day ppl would play...

i dont know if i should overdo it though... were going to be playing friday and saturday

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
jesus you guys are hardcoreeeee

count ryan falco in

oh and andy usually its at the twins at 7

but its pretty much when they wanna do it

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I tutor at 7. I could stop by around 6, maybe sooner, for a bit, but I'm not even totally sure if I would, so it's up to you guys.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
idk if i can play at 7 tonight...

i forgot i have orchestra until 6 so i doubt I can do my HW in less than an hour.

i will probly just call when im done to see if you still are playing/wanna play

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Herriott's on S Neil has a bullhorn and a PA for $15 and $35. I may stop by tomorrow to see if I can test 'em.

Top Bottom