• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
Mike, talk to Matthew, I believe that is the name of the shirt guy.

Make the ask if people are interested in shirts and particular sizes. I'm not entirely sure what the cost of the shirts are, but talk to Matthew, I'm sure he'll be there today.

Good luck to everyone going to the tournament. See if one of you can find someone named Andy Valicka. He is suppose to be helping to run this tournament down there, he has also contacted me about doing tournaments together in the future.

Give me a call on my cellphone if you have questions or anything of particular interest. Give me a call when you win!

815 274 0365

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
No, chewy and his friend beat us. Nothing surprising about that.

I sorta doubt 20 people are going to buy shirts...

TheStig

Smash Lord
facing Andy in the 2nd round? then again in the losers bracket was unpleasant.

more johns later

edit: falco controller insured consistent falco chain grabs by durand

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
There were around nine people (it varied over time) at the meeting today. Three, including me, wanted shirts. A couple more wanted to see the shirt first. Apparently the email Matt sent did not get through to people. He's going to check the mailing list and send it again.

Pika rules.

brickman

Smash Lord
Well I hope Matt talks to me before he sends out another email, I don't want people getting spammed.

Make sure you don't get an email, and if you do, let me know.

Good to here that people made it out today, were there enough set ups?

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Why doesn't everyone just play MK? I don't understand.

Ultimate rediculousness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdmwKfPchms
Well, the SBR rules specifically say that the cape extension tech is banned.

But yeah, MK is ridiculous enough without it.

...also, today we had two wiis and one gamecube setup, the gc was mostly unused though some people played some melee occasionally, the two wiis were pretty much enough though. Mine started out with nothing unlocked, so that decreased demand on that wii, we pretty much didn't need to switch out, though we mostly had 4 people on it except at the very end.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
oh dsmash

apparently u can do it out of shield instantaneously so it's like fox's shine in melee

so when someone attacks from the air u can just dsmash right away or something like that out of shield i think and they can't do anything about it
and henrik what time are u coming to play again cuz i'll come play also

slomo431

Smash Ace
I can only play from like 12 to 4.

What time are you guys free and where do the twins live?

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
After playing brawl for hours yesterday, and watching videos of Anther to further my pika studies, I can no longer deny it.

Brawl is fun.

brickman

Smash Lord
I disagree, and I don't even do it respectfully.

They've made a game far less competitive, fun, and enduring than melee, and for that, I can not forgive them.

Sorry, I'm in a bad mood today, but the above still more or less reflects my feelings.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
i got 2 speeding tickets...

18 months apart...

apparently i am too much of a danger to the state to be driving. I am trying to get it worked out with a lawyer but if not, i won't have my license until january 12th LOL

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
hey guys. so if we have more setups available, can we run some 1 v 1's? maybe a mini tournament of sorts? teams is fun but its also a different game then singles. btw i have no problem bringing a wii... if someone will pick me up.... i live by 3rd and stoughton this year i noticed above that someone lives like down the street from me and if you have a smashfest again id like to come

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i know G&W4life

he came a few times last year for brawl
also he lived where i lived

i need to find a char for teams
cuz falco sucks in teams i can't combo without hitting my teammate
i'm learning to play without using the chain grab, falco = still awesome

also i need a teammate for brawl =_=

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
I'll be your teammate, if that's okay. I'm learning a lot of brawl nowadays. I'm a pikachu main.

A tourney shouldn't be too hard to do. We have a minimum of 3 TVs, and the third is never used anyway, from lack of people and wiis. We shouldn't be too starved for setups if this happens.

btw, FTL, I have to volunteer to work at the football game this saturday. It goes from 11 AM to 3 PM. I'll come to smashing illini after that. I'm still willing to donate my TV, but that means coming at 10:45 to pick it up. Is this okay? Should I try to find another ride? Maybe you can bring a book or something.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
hey guys. so if we have more setups available, can we run some 1 v 1's? maybe a mini tournament of sorts? teams is fun but its also a different game then singles. btw i have no problem bringing a wii... if someone will pick me up.... i live by 3rd and stoughton this year i noticed above that someone lives like down the street from me and if you have a smashfest again id like to come
Well, last time we had two wiis and 8-9 people. There was a spare tv and gamecube, but most of us there are brawl players. Still too many to run 1v1s, probably, though Neko and I and BC had some near the end when everyone left.

I might be able to offer a ride. Maybe. Car's got a finite size though, and I've been giving a ride to Neko+his TV. Maybe you two can fight it out :) do you have a wii+tv to bring, or just a wii?

I'll be your teammate, if that's okay. I'm learning a lot of brawl nowadays. I'm a pikachu main.

A tourney shouldn't be too hard to do. We have a minimum of 3 TVs, and the third is never used anyway, from lack of people and wiis. We shouldn't be too starved for setups if this happens.

btw, FTL, I have to volunteer to work at the football game this saturday. It goes from 11 AM to 3 PM. I'll come to smashing illini after that. I'm still willing to donate my TV, but that means coming at 10:45 to pick it up. Is this okay? Should I try to find another ride? Maybe you can bring a book or something.
Eh, probably not worth it, we never use all three anyway. Unless there's somebody else for me to play at that time, I'll just show up as usual, no point in sitting around for two hours to have an extra setup that's not ever used. You can make it there without a TV without a ride, I assume? :)

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
Im Sean, i was there saturday but i dont think anyone from last year was there. i played melee as luigi with you guys a few times and last year i played sonic and kirby in brawl.
all i can bring is my wii, tv is way to big

Nekomancer

Smash Journeyman
Hey Sean, I was there last year, and I was there Saturday. I was the guy who asked everyone if they wanted shirts. Aw man, we should have played melee.

FTL - That would be true, my TV wouldn't be necessary... but it looks like gameandwatch is going to provide a third wii! FINALLY!

If gameandwatch's TV is too big to fit in the car, mine is still available. And yeah, I can get there just fine myself if I don't have any luggage. You'd have to drop by at 10:40 though, to pick up my TV.

Also, about these mutterings of a mini tourney - how about the saturday after next? I can make an announcement to the mailing list, if that's okay with brickman. Seems like everyone wants to do teams, so we can have that first, and singles if we have time. With gameandwatch's help, we'll have three setups running, which should be fine for teams, sort of okay for singles. No prizes, no entry fees.

And, brickman, for playing brawl, just pick a character with a decent backair that can fit two in one shorthop (mario, luigi?) and spam wall of pain the whole match.

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
learn a char that can combo and has ridiculous priority

or u can just be bowser and over b over and over cuz suiciding = bowser's win

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Brawl has 70 characters. How can you not have fun? If you're not having fun, just pick a different character.

Top Bottom