• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

slomo431

Smash Ace
Tom I like fighting your Marth

Especially compared to fighting your Falcon which wrecks me...god only knows what you'd do to me with Ganon.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
most brawl combos require the opponent to mess up at least twice...once to get into the combo, and then once again to ensure they can continue it....i dont know what im talking about though

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
brawl combos involve baiting air dodges and punishing them. technically they are escapable, but it isnt always that easy. it's not like air dodge and you get out safely.
what i'm saying is that brawl combos arent the opponent messing up, its predicting what the opponent will do next and punishing them.

there are also real combos in brawl. all 3 of my characters have legit combos (kirby, diddy, zss). also play dustins gaw or BC's wario and see how easy it is to escape brawl combos

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
i played brawl for the first time ina while yesterday, really really slow and boring.... I think I got tired of it somewhere in the first match inbetween all the spamming of projectiles

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
actually what i found stupid about brawl is that I would be able to predict the airdodge but since my character was too slow and shielding is better i couldn't punish them.

and its not cuz im stupid cuz obviously im like super fast and stuff right hahahah

AND WHY IS EVERYONE SAYING LEGIT OMFG

one final note... matt you are not getting that trophy
*kisses his trophy*

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
A lot of Brawl players use a different definition of "combo" because hitstun combos are almost nonexistent in Brawl.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
^^ see the problem is most other fighting games have the same definition of the word combo... (as melee)

are there still regular meleefests on campus? ill be there the thurs-sun the week of the 4th.. and yeah i read alot of you won't be around cuz youre going to poe2.. anyone whos not going? not as much melee in chicago as i would like (meaning like none atm) =(

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
brawl combos involve baiting air dodges and punishing them. technically they are escapable, but it isnt always that easy. it's not like air dodge and you get out safely.
what i'm saying is that brawl combos arent the opponent messing up, its predicting what the opponent will do next and punishing them.

there are also real combos in brawl. all 3 of my characters have legit combos (kirby, diddy, zss). also play dustins gaw or BC's wario and see how easy it is to escape brawl combos
Yeah, but there were exactly no air dodges in between hits in this video. In fact most the aerial combos involved one player trying to counter hit. I'm just saying this combo video is not that great to show off brawl. Most the combos are impressive like black beat combos are impressive in GG. It really shouldn't happen like that.

gameandwatch 4 Lyfe

Smash Journeyman
eh, there were plenty of air dodges or attacks in between hits of the "combos".

also projectile spamming is not at all effective in brawl, if you're good.

brawl isn't as bad as you guys think. i still agree that melee is the better competitive game.... but it's old and tired. you guys should cut brawl some slack

Dew Rag

Smash Ace
^^ see the problem is most other fighting games have the same definition of the word combo... (as melee)

are there still regular meleefests on campus? ill be there the thurs-sun the week of the 4th.. and yeah i read alot of you won't be around cuz youre going to poe2.. anyone whos not going? not as much melee in chicago as i would like (meaning like none atm) =(
i will most likely be around, give me a call

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
k who wants to play tonight at 1030 when im finally done with my stupid ****ing exam ROFL

i can't play tomorrow night cuz im leavinnnnn *****sssss

i hope im by you in the bracket matt lololol

Tom go beat cosmo for me plx

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
those techs were the so hilarioussss

imma beat that ganons face tonight..
i was seriously just walking around errol grabbing him and not getting hit 3 nights ago. so funny. dash dance between jabs so good

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
Dear RSO Leaders,
Applications are available for Cubicle Space in the Student Organization Complex of the Illini Union. Attached to this email is the application. There are also hard copies available in room 284 of the Illini Union. If your organization is interested in having cubicle space for the 2009-2010 academic year please complete this application and return it to Illini Union Room 284 by 4:30pm, this Friday, March 20th.

anyone?

Top Bottom