• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UIUC Thread

brickman

Smash Lord
lol, I deleted those emails.

I'm not going to waste space, however hilarious it may be, for melee.

Although, feel free to do it, I'll sign off on it, I'm just way too busy to do it myself, lol.

slomo431

Smash Ace
if you guys can match my salary i'll be happy to sit in a melee cubicle all day instead of this one

ftl

Smash Journeyman
So are any of the brawlers here gonna still be around over spring break? Or are all you scattering off to who knows where?

_marth1_

Smash Lord
i had a thought today
since we all know that the trossman combo is now the standard against which all other comboes shall be judged, we must institute a "Trossman Factor*" which indicates the level of awesomeness of a combo

for instance, yesterday i had a combo against matt where i spiked him a few times into the mute city track with marth then tippered him...this would have a TF of about 0.92, which means it has 92% of the beastlyness of the trossman combo

*TF is always < 1

slomo431

Smash Ace
this one time i had this .99 TF combo against dave and alex i think there was a video of it somewhere it went like this shine shine shine shine roll shine shine shine shine shine shine success

darkatma

Smash Hero
wish there was a wrinkle in time between st louis and uiuc so you guys could travel across it and then come and play me so i can improve and then beat darkrain in winner's bracket like mattR does

slomo431

Smash Ace
i beat matt's falco he said that means i can beat darkrain now

and i second the tom factor for lameness. i mean who the hell edgeguards me by hogging the edge? only tom. that violates the champaign code to let henrik sweetspot

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Ok, well, There Will Be Brawl at my place on Saturday at 1:00. Possibly just Kief and I, though of anyone else is interested drop me a PM :) Andy you know you want to beat up on us n00bz. ;)

TheWalkingThano

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to institute the rule that a TF of 1 requires at least 2 fsmashes and 1 dtilt with falco. No other character can get to 1 w/o being falco or fox. The fox version is the same combo as the falco combo.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Ok, well, There Will Be Brawl at my place on Saturday at 1:00. Possibly just Kief and I, though of anyone else is interested drop me a PM :) Andy you know you want to beat up on us n00bz. ;)
There Will Be Brawl? It must be pretty official to be capitalized like that.

Beat up on you the way I beat you up at that last tourney? Haha. I don't think so.

slomo431

Smash Ace
you know that gets me thinking. whatever happened to the hobos of champaign? back in my day there was a hobo in front of jimmy john's all the time but i haven't seen many in my recent visits. i remember this one lady in front of lai lai wok who would give everyone the same story about being hungry and pregnant and such and such. she was so fat.

edit: and shouldn't that be all welcome welcome?

ftl

Smash Journeyman
I assume you mean melee, so I'm prolly not in :) I'm around all week as well if anyone wants to brawl tho.

flipkid

Smash Apprentice
you know that gets me thinking. whatever happened to the hobos of champaign? back in my day there was a hobo in front of jimmy john's all the time but i haven't seen many in my recent visits. i remember this one lady in front of lai lai wok who would give everyone the same story about being hungry and pregnant and such and such. she was so fat.

edit: and shouldn't that be all welcome welcome?
dude.... theyre still around... they just rotate...

like that one dude in the suit that's been "needing gas money for his church van" for like 3 years now...

or the fat black lady downtown..

Top Bottom