• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCSD Melee, where you ALL at?!

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully more than 10 people play Melee on this campus!

1) Pat
2) SK
3) Nawnscents
4) G&T
5) Oats
6) PBS
7) Jun
8) Ding (Eric)
9) Sunny

We're a growing community in UCSD and we're looking for more Melee people out there. If you're a student or just near campus, we're usually down to play most of the time, so post!

On a side note, since this hasn't been updated in a while. There's something that I was thinking of and I really don't wanna speak for other people, so I just want the other UCSD smashers to reply on whether the following statement is true:

At this point, we're really at a giant roadblock. I'm pretty sure all of us want to improve and we really have since the previous school year, but a major problem we have is that we're always playing the same people.

Pat made a very good discussion about how we only know like 2-3 matchups tops because we only play in our little circle and have one solid character going for each of us.

This is where other people out there come in. If you're looking for smash in UCSD, reply. Having the same circle whether you play here or with your own group of friends may get you good with your friends, but aside from that, you'll eventually hit a roadblock since there's no new players.

TL;DR Edition- We like melee, please play and grow our UCSD community so we have variety here.

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
Fun games today at SK's! I'm sure there are more people out there at UCSD that play this **** game. Don't be shy and post! The more the merrier. =)

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
You can add my name to that list. Its good to see that UCSD players are organizing. I just played nawnscents (yes, this is Jesse, hi!) today and it was a good time and great practice! I'm also in support of that weekly/bi-weekly proposition.

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
well before we even decide a day i think we need setups too, otherwise we'll have 10 people in an apartment with 1 tv.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Set-ups: I can provide 1 Gamecube, 2 controllers,and 1 copy of Melee (with a memory card), all that is needed is a television.

Days: Saturday/Sunday is ideal for me. If it is on a weekday, then it would probably need to happen sometime in the late afternoon-evening, but it seems that it would be difficult to schedule this around class times so as to accomodate as many players as possible. I give a definite "No" to Friday.

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
I can bring the same exact setup that Jessie can bring.. err yeah we need TV's. I can usually play whenever.

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
great games, Miguel/Nonsense. Hmm.. I thought of an idea for weeklies. Since Simon has 3 working TV's total, we could possibly bring setups on a given day. Any thoughts on this?

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
Hey PBS this is Jesse, who you also played today. I agree, they were great games today. I'm liking the fact that at least some people are coming together to play. I can contribute to whatever plans you have. I have a complete set-up, except for the television (I have one, but it's not mine and it is much too massive to take anywhere).

I hope I get to you play you and Miguel again some time soon. Nice Marth, by the way.

nawnscents

Smash Apprentice
Now we just play sporadically, but Ilija's trying to get some kinda weekly thing going.

It's usually either in sk's apartment in Warren or in my suite in ERC.

and I can totally bring my cube to simon's, if he has enough tv's

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
Well, this quarter is kinda coming to an end. So next quarter would probably be more organized. Maybe all of us can think of a day. I thought of an idea of using the 3 TV's at Simon's as setups. We can always talk about this if you guys think it's a good idea or not or whether it's asking for way too much. Only problem would be agreeing on a schedule that works for all of us.

P.S.: It's not restricted to just UCSD people, just because it says "UCSD Melee" :D I don't think any of us would say "GTFO! You're not UCSD"

SilentAssassin

Smash Rookie
Hey. New in the smash community and I plan on goin to UCSD in the fall quarter outta high school. Gettn a head start on meeting new ppl and smashers

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
almost half of us are from Warren. Umm.. we'll probably start playing when the quarter starts which is next week. Where you live in Warren? I'm Harlan and SK is in Brennan.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
We're officially into the first week of the quarter and I think its time to get this weekly thing going! :bee:

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
ucsd is only 35/45 mins from me maple and deth...we can roll and smash this weekend if u gys are down. holla

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
alright alright, I'll see if I can get something rolling the 18th or 25th. Lemme know what works for you kids so I can reserve it.

Aleho

Smash Rookie
I'm down to play whenever I don't have class,work or midterms! Put me on teh list!

BigBird22

Smash Rookie
How close is north county(San Marcos, Vista, Escon.) to UCSD? If it isnt far im down if you guys have room.

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Lol my classes this quarter are spread out, so it makes it kinda hard for me to smash for a long time. I should have time later in the afternoon though... Call me if you guys are doing anything? haha. I've been playing Pikachu more and I think it's made my Peach somewhat faster.

W.A.S.T.E.

Smash Ace
So what's the consensus on Tuesdays from 5:00 to 7:00 pm.? I don't have any serious issues with that time so I'm definitely in.

Where exactly would this take place? I'm assuming it will be in an apartment in Warren, but where specifically (i.e. building, apartment number, etc.)?

Powered-By-Sex

Smash Apprentice
Ok well, here's my class schedule.

M: 2:00-2:50p, 4:00-6:50p, at times though I will come back at around 6ish.
Tu: 12:30-1:50p, 7:00-7:50p(I rarely attend this class)
W: 2:00-2:50p, 4:00-4:50p
Th: 12:30-1:50p, 7:00-7:50p(again, rarely go to the 7 o'clock)
F: 2:00-2:50p, 4:00-4:50p

Basically, whenever I don't have class I'm usually in my dorm except on Fridays because I tend to go out for a big meal with my suite or SK's apartment. Aside from that, I'm always free to play Melee and I'm sure there's always someone in SK's apartment ready to play.

This includes people outside from UCSD. I'm dying to play people outside campus too if you guys are willing to come over.

Tues seems like a good day for everyone on campus, so we'll see how this works. On tues, you can just drop by SK's to play or my dorm (I only have 1 TV tho).

Anyways, I'm motivated a bit to get better after finally doing somewhat well at the last triweekly. GET HYPE UCSD!

NOTE: Me and SK both live in Warren college. I live in Harlan Hall and he lives in the Brennan apartments both of which are within like 1-2 min. walk.

Reply to the thread if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom