• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA VII: AVALANCHE - was too good, does no one do shout-outs anymore? WOW

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
and P caallmmm dowwnn your sheik is good but not as good as kira's or ricks...atleast not at the ditto
im scared of ditto'ing them =[ i have negative ditto records against both

edit: kira is REALLY good at ditto's. it had to be said
kira and I pretty much always go even in dittos, for the past year really. i haven't played rickety in forever so i dunno about him.

del, don't worry about our pros, we go 20-30 deep in quality players ^^ and most will be there at UCLA. GET *****.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
MANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Man.. crews are gonna be so fun...

round bit is taking this one..

and how does the top 20 crew battle work..

Like do u choose players or what? =P

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WEre separting into like 3 crews

Team A.. Aka ... Were ranked

Teab B... Aka... We wanna be ranked

Team C...Aka... Underdogs

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mango, do you really think there will be time to do regular crews, Nor/SoCal crews, and top 20 crews, IN ADDITION to singles (with pools cuz you're all whiners) and teams?

MaNg0

Smash Hero
I said lets not do singles....

We can just predict top 3.

1.Mf Pro
2.Jtb
3.and some one else

Crews would be so much fun er

And neal if ur running the tourney ( which i hope u do )

u could get it all done before like 10 because ur nealpro

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alan puts are much work into running his tournaments as anyone else, so he's every bit as capable as me of running a good tournament.

However, there's only so many minutes in a day...

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
MANGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Man.. crews are gonna be so fun...

round bit is taking this one..

and how does the top 20 crew battle work..

Like do u choose players or what? =P
San Diego's newly found crew will be reppin at ucla fo sho. crews will be awesome

Aesis

Smash Ace
Mango, do you really think there will be time to do regular crews, Nor/SoCal crews, and top 20 crews, IN ADDITION to singles (with pools cuz you're all whiners) and teams?
He's right. It's Singles, Teams and only one Crew Battle event depending on who shows. If Singles is over 128 people which I doubt but it could happen (UCLA students get in free due to RED TAPE from UCLA Office of Residential Life), I think we're going to resort to a 128-man bracket according to Neal's time calculations. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Also, a NorCal/SoCal event would be restricted to a certain number of players per team since they like to john about not having their best players ;)

Alan puts are much work into running his tournaments as anyone else, so he's every bit as capable as me of running a good tournament.

However, there's only so many minutes in a day...
Thanks Neal!!! You put more work than everybody which makes you tehhhhhh NEAL PRO.

Which is why we need tons of TV's yooo!!!!!!
I'm not sure about the order; we'll play it by ear, see how long Teams goes. Registration has to be super fast, too.

D

Deleted member

K so I can confirm that I'm coming to this.

I'm going to be staying at the Standard Hotel which is on the Sunset Strip.

Any possibilities of getting a ride? I've heard it's hard to get taxis in LA and that costs money. I can pay for gas if needed.

ronnietheboywonder

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for your replies, everyone :]
I was just wondering because I originally used the default sheik, but switched to red once my friend (who plays all red characters) retired. But now he's back, and I don't what color to choose. :-P

Aesis is the best :]

Who are all the Sheik MAINS in SoCal? (Please help me with the list)

DSF - Black
Aesis - Original
Kira - Light Blue
P - Red

Thanks again :] I wanna choose the color that's right for me :]

<3
rick(ety)

P.S. I can't wait to come to this tournament! <3
I'm a Sheik/Zelda main, seriously!

I still could use a ride yo =(

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
I was going to bring my cube but it took a **** today.

RIP Gamecube – 11/11/07  (Today’s the 11th right?) :(

Why?! Now I can’t practice for this tourney. Unless I get another GC or a Wii, but I’m poor. Let’s do this, I don’t need to practice. :)

ZephyrMoon

Smash Rookie
the saturday before dead week eh? o_O
though it's tempting to show up, even though i doubt i'd do even remotely well in a tournament and i pretty much gave up smash with schoolwork =/
and taxis are expensive, but there's always the bus system... xD

peachori

Smash Journeyman
is this the weekend before week 9 or week 10?

if either me or my roommate are around that weekend i can provide a tv/smash/cube since i live in cedar
but i need to check with him first, since i probably wont be around on the weekend and its his tv.

maelstrom99

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a gamecube. There's gonna be 5 people in my group, is there still room to add people? because I heard taht anyone can come.

Shmooguy

Smash Champion
kira and I pretty much always go even in dittos, for the past year really. i haven't played rickety in forever so i dunno about him.

del, don't worry about our pros, we go 20-30 deep in quality players ^^ and most will be there at UCLA. GET *****.
heh, i hate to say this, but we haven't played a serious match since 1990. Thanks fabian for mentioning that; I'm not bad at dittos but my chaingrabbing isn't as good as it used to be. M2K 2 stocked me in dittos =P haha but I know for a fact he wasn't trying at all.

EDIT: So I haven't been reading this thread at all... if someone wants to team PM me.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WOW!!
I forgot u can ban neutral stages here....
FUUUUUUK!

IF anyone bans mangoland while im playing them...... I will give u a stinky eye..
And take u 2 brimstar and **** u ! =D

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Yay for banning neutrals ^_^

That means I'll be banning Yoshi Story instead of Green Greens every match.

Top Bottom