• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA REVIVAL II! Brawl + Melee Tournament (5/23/09) Need more TVs, sign up!

Goober

Smash Apprentice
@Dantarion - Sorry about the unused TVs dude, honestly we just ran out of power strips and table space haha. We borrowed every power strip the building had available but it still wasn't enough lol, we'll make sure to prevent that next time though.

In other news I totally spaced out and COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT DOING POOLS FOR SINGLES! Why didn't anyone remind me?? We had way more than enough time too lol =/ My bad.

JDM

Smash Champion
I had a power strip in my backpack. I even posted about bringing one in one of my previous post but whatever.

-Rei-

Saviour of PacWest
i remember about pools after the brackets started but felt it was sorta too late
i brought a strip and it was used

Goober

Smash Apprentice
It wasn't just the power strips though, we ran out of tables to put TVs on too =/ We started switching out TVs that the staff people brought to make room for the TVs that you guys brought (mostly because yours were usually bigger haha).

Thanks for bringing the strip though, I'll remember to ask for them next time.

MacD

Banned via Administration
table john, i've played on the floor at tournies before... like zhu's one at the end of decemeber... i'm sure there were others

at the least they could ahve been friendly tv's

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
And as it is, Melee is a very unbalanced game. Whether it was the designer's intent or not is still irrelevant, as you said. Whether 3rd strike is equally unbalanced is up for debate.

But one of the things we do know for sure is what the designers' intentions were. Melee was made to appeal to the most general population of gamers with all of its zillion features, but the designers clearly did not focus on catering to the competitive fighting gamers. The smash community knows this. Street Fighter is designed specifically for tournament and high level play, and that's why they make several updated, more balanced versions before making the next game in the series. This is a well-known fact to the Street Fighter community.

And Kouryuu, I'm not talking about how you are arguing everything I'm saying. I'm talking about how you are just hasty, calling me ignorant when you yourself don't know very much about Street Fighter. Calm down and learn how to have a mature discussion.
Well, then your list is based on games that were meant to be than what they actually are. If that's the case, then I guess your right... I'm not gonna bother discussing/arguing since I really don't care enough.

JDM

Smash Champion
MELEE SINGLES:
1: Mango
2: Zhu
3: Tofu
4: Lucky
5: Atlus
5: c0nn0r
7: Kira
7: Lovage
9: Kouryuu
9: Tafokints
9: Pat
9: Futile
13: Nasty Nate
13: Festizzio
13: Lmnz
13: HugQ
17: JDM
17: Kawaii Desu
17: I.C.B.
17: Smoke2Jointz
17: FlamingBoy
17: Gosu Engineer
17: Nicaboy
17: Resident Waffle
25: Goober
25: Sleepy
25: Plan 9
25: Meeks
25: Unknownpresence
25: Cancerbat
25: DanteFox
25: Bleak
33: Olsen
33: JZA
33: Kazuo
33: Yobi
33: Boi
33: Nawnscents
33: Rei
33: The Life Ruiner
49: Pressure
49: Sing

MELEE DOUBLES:

1: Lucky Feet
2: ****
3:Fire and Ice
4: Do you know how I cool I was in the 2nd Grade?
5: Brawl Noobs
5: Pikachu's good now
7: Team 64
7: Gosu Santa Barbara
9: Sexy Commando
9: Brawl Sucks
9: JZA in my pants
9: Lobsters
13: Two men
13: Cancerhorns
13: Slashing Penguins
13: ThemGAboys

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
I got 17 in singles and 9 in doubles lol

at least JDM and I got to play the team that won and the team that got 5th... unlucky and lucky

please to post bracket

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Well i guess this is the result thread so i will post shout outs here good **** to everyone who played melee
flaming roy we could gotten farther in teams next time bro good **** in singles waffles you were hella cool and very good in melee lol we tied we also have a nice ganon fox team im glad i met you more singles next time you **** as a person lol
mango your an idiot but i love you anyway lol thanks for sayin im pretty solid at melee you made my day and you put me as team captain for east coast ya man. congrats in singles
slouch you mad technical with falco you should have came man get at me some time so we can practice.
sleepy man thanks for everything bro your ****ing amazing congrats in singles and imma hit you up later this week man
i think this is joeplicate who played jigs with my sheik man we ***** hard so hard.
kira congrats man i hope you see why i like ganon on marth on fd too good man i hope you think im ok in melee. lets play some more next time.
fetizio sorry i cant spell y

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Wow they cut my shout out short wtf stupid computer i don't feel like typing again i love everyone who played melee so cal is too good they **** i **** we all win

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Also brackets are wrong i never played sleepy i should have gotten a bye. Other wise i should have placed 13th but i don't care well kinda but life goes no. Leon stop makin fun of me lol

embracethe12

Smash Lord
the best []D art is that my mom thinks camerons name is psychomidget and waffles name is waffle.

ed0t- oh **** i really just typed that.
no one should ever tell me what waffle's real name is

Top Bottom