• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCLA REVIVAL II! Brawl + Melee Tournament (5/23/09) Need more TVs, sign up!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Me and flamin roy let you down lovage we didn't get 5 th oh well at least we almost sent you guys to losers lol fun tourney besides the fact they messed up brackets for singles shout outs to come later im sleepy and my neck hurts i blame pats place oh well

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Me and flamin roy let you down lovage we didn't get 5 th oh well at least we almost sent you guys to losers lol fun tourney besides the fact they messed up brackets for singles shout outs to come later im sleepy and my neck hurts i blame pats place oh well
yeah apparently only 3 of my matches counted before I played shirigami and lost for the second time. I guess beating 4 people I lost some rankings. Not that it matters that much if you don't get top 3 anyways. Btw you guys are awesome, can't wait until you guys for GA move out here.

mio

Smash Ace
Fighting Game Tier List (SF IV not included yet):

Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Guilty Gear Accent Core

Upper
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Street Fighter Alpha 3

Middle
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Tekken 5+
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Soul Calibur 3+

Low
Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Virtua Fighter
Dead or Alive
random japanese fighting games that everyone likes to get into

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
say that on a smash board and prepare to get flamed =p.

Festizzio had me, but he had to SD and choke =/.

Gosu_Engineer

Smash Ace
This was fun. and it ran pretty smoothly.

shoutouts to:

-the people I gave cheesecake: Pat and Mango. Pat technically unknownpresence gave it to you but hey I gave you a candy bar to pay you back for the last always gaming in december 08. Mango I owed you a piece of cheesecake since someone very inconsiderate ate the piece I was saving for you at SCSA #2. would you like anything for the next major tourney I attend? how about some Korean BBQ?

-the people I gave ice cream bars to: Futile, Festizzio, and Plan 9 (who become friends with me just for the ice cream bar enjoy)

-all the new people I played and met (pretty much all my matches...)

My UCSB crew: Dante, Junk, Dantarion, SRK, and one I'm not sure if he has a SWF account.

-unknownpresence: my hometown buddy

Sleepy

Smash Ace
Fighting Game Tier List (SF IV not included yet):

Super Street Fighter II Turbo
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
Guilty Gear Accent Core

Upper
Super Smash Brothers Melee
Street Fighter Alpha 3

Middle
Street Fighter Alpha 2
Tekken 5+
Marvel vs. Capcom 2
Super Smash Brothers Brawl

Low
Virtua Fighter
Dead or Alive
random japanese fighting games that everyone likes to get into
lol your own tier list, GGAC you fight yourself not to drop the soap half the time and no one plays it besides otakus anyways. In terms of fighter it's top tier, but in terms of playability it's lowest. I agree with ST and 3S but I don't really think smash is not god tier (it's obviously the best) since there is so much competition and the community is awesome. Though the 3S community is awesome too.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Im hungry for some waffles lol get it? Ya ya i know bad joke lol ya maybe we can play next week sometime guys. And sleepy is mad chill that mofo was on fire just beating on people with marth . So rude lol and thanks for the ride bro that was nice of you. And ya the brackets were so whack if that guy didn't say anything to me the whole tourney would have been messed up cause i would have played through loseer when i had belonged in winners.

mio

Smash Ace
The reason Melee doesn't make it to top tier on my list is because it's much like MvC 2: It was NOT designed to be a balanced, competitive fighting game. It was designed to be a cartoony party game with lots of colors and crazy things going on all at once. It was designed so that both players could feel good about themselves whether they won or lost.

Even though Melee is an amazing fighting game, it's also a very unbalanced fighting game. And that's why I don't think it's on par with Street Fighter or Guilty Gear.

Lovage

Smash Hero
yeah you have a point about balance comparing melee to GG:AC way more characters have a chance

i still say ssb64 is more balanced than melee :)

Sleepy

Smash Ace
The reason Melee doesn't make it to top tier on my list is because it's much like MvC 2: It was NOT designed to be a balanced, competitive fighting game. It was designed to be a cartoony party game with lots of colors and crazy things going on all at once. It was designed so that both players could feel good about themselves whether they won or lost.

Even though Melee is an amazing fighting game, it's also a very unbalanced fighting game. And that's why I don't think it's on par with Street Fighter or Guilty Gear.
not really fair to put guilty gear on any scale with other fighters. Considering it has a new rendition every year, (not anymore with blaz blue) but still. XX was broken as ****, they had patches to fix it, #R was broken as ****, Slash was more balanced, and GGAC is really balanced in comparison, AC+ is almost the same. 3rd strike is pretty unbalanced too... 2/10 alex vs chun matchup. I mean GGAC doesn't really count on any fighter's list because we're comparing diff games, I noticed you didn't put HD remix over SFII turbo (I know there were balance and move changes from sirlin's notes) so yeah, XX is not a balanced fighter.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
pretty fun stuff. I am certainly getting better and stuff. The tourney was fun and the community *****. Not quite sure what I did to the bracket though.

Sleepy- GGs. I hope the bracket gets put up so I know what happened

Atlus- You are good :(. Do you have any advice for me? :hopeful:

Kouryuu- GGs. Thanks for the advice. I will keep what you said in mind

The Nastiest.- thanks for the ride and stuff

Emmanuel(yobi)- I don't know if you read the boards, but you're really nice.

other Emmanuel- You are really nice as well. Not sure if you read the boards

Does anyone have advice that I can use? I will love you forevers

Goober

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for coming out everyone! We finished way earlier than expected haha, next time maybe we'll get crews in =) I uploaded the results file on AiB already, hopefully they'll approve it soon.

Lovage you left your cube! And someone left a VCR and there's also a tiny grey TV that doesn't have a name on it haha. Let me know if either is yours, we have them in our apts.

Top Bottom