• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Toneh

Smash Lord
We all know Bear vs. Zangief is what everyone wants to see
I forgot a TV dinner in the freezer again :facepalm:

Few highlights from EVO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61aDuoPtlk8#t=30m39s

1st match here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWMDrKROmQE

Whole set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-bd1xgFnZM

Whole set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AKVJEOSGRM#t=0m59s

Finals, whole set
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dC_X9OadYvs

Those are the ones I know of, didn't watch the whole thing.

redfox

Smash Rookie
hey everybody, im new here in Orlando, originality from fort Myers, and was big in smash there, i have been here all summer, and haven't seen or herd anything from you guys. I finally found you guys here on smashboards. I just wana know where and when you guys meet up to play, tourney or friendly's. im a Fox, Falco, and snake player.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hey everybody, im new here in Orlando, originality from fort Myers, and was big in smash there, i have been here all summer, and haven't seen or herd anything from you guys. I finally found you guys here on smashboards. I just wana know where and when you guys meet up to play, tourney or friendly's. im a Fox, Falco, and snake player.
ey yo

theres a tourney in orlando on August 20th at Next Level Lan, the local lan center and most consistent tournament location

this same next level lan will also have smashfests every Friday starting in September

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Sup Red.

I hear you're moving here!!! Stephen told me.
I think he gave you my number. We all live around UCF. And we're pretty cool.

When do you come?

you're always welcome at my place. Are we friends on FB hunt me down on the FGCU smash page.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
So playing with gdx radix and hrnut in super last weekend impressed the hell outta me. Gdx for his hard reads and his learning curve. I was boding gdx all day and then after watching evo finals I could barely take a game off him despite the fact I was learning ibuki. There's no johns there I was getting *****. But I got you. I'm in the hyper bolic now. Hrnuts knowledge of the game was unexpected. He has great wake ups and set ups. I'm gonna be salty when you get good lol. Radix your excution is pretty good no lie. The yun combos I showed you made me think it was gonna take you all night to get down but it only took like 5mins. It took me for ever to get it down. Guys keep working at it. We will get there together. Anyone that's wanna be apart of this success. Fill free. We on a movement!

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea bro we gonna get beast in time for EVO

One of my old friends called me a loser cause I travel more than him but its for videogames. I just lol'd

2-DJeff

Smash Master
Lol believe it or not if your getting outta the house for anything. Especially going to another state. That's just means u have a life and know how to have fun with it

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Randomly when Jeff is on this side of town

Honestly we should just set up a night to do endless lobby on live since online so good. Plus we can watch each other matches with headsets and such

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Well yea I just mean a lobby night would still be cool. OFGC guys make them all the time

Also you should've seen it my makoto was getting off last night I went like 6-1 the hard drive couldn't handle all the downloads lol

Toneh

Smash Lord
I'm getin another 3 month card soon. If anyone wants to add me, radiX1122
So playing with gdx radix and hrnut in super last weekend impressed the hell outta me. Gdx for his hard reads and his learning curve. I was boding gdx all day and then after watching evo finals I could barely take a game off him despite the fact I was learning ibuki. There's no johns there I was getting *****. But I got you. I'm in the hyper bolic now. Hrnuts knowledge of the game was unexpected. He has great wake ups and set ups. I'm gonna be salty when you get good lol. Radix your excution is pretty good no lie. The yun combos I showed you made me think it was gonna take you all night to get down but it only took like 5mins. It took me for ever to get it down. Guys keep working at it. We will get there together. Anyone that's wanna be apart of this success. Fill free. We on a movement!

That and not spamming lunge punch :cool:

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I need to get better at smash

i just got a new place, the roommates aren't here for like, 2 weeks.

If anyone wants to smash at my place, i'd be happy to host.
AKA Pest APK, and the guys over at Garbs.

It'd be cool to have some people over :D

AND THERES LIKE 4 NON LAGGY TVS HERE

Exdeath

Smash Master
AE all day. Gotta do some character searching.

I don't want to seem like a Poongko ****rider by picking Seth after his performance at EVO.
This reinforces my thought that you dislike successful characters. :p

Just pick who you like and let the haters hate. That's what I do.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
This reinforces my thought that you dislike successful characters. :p

Just pick who you like and let the haters hate. That's what I do.
Nah, I play She-Hulk. She wins the most tourneys (even though she's not a top 5 character).

Here's the truth. If I can't play a character to the best of their ability, then I can't play them. I'd like to be able to do everything and use everything a character has in their arsenal and use to play at a high level. That's the main reason I stopped playing Diddy, even though I still have a decent one. However, a decent Diddy can get ***** hard.

Regarding AE, there are several characters I would like to play but I know I can't because the style of play that they need to be successful with doesn't suit me. The one character I would love to play is Dhalsim. Other characters are Sagat, Guile, Chun, Guy, Dudley, and Cammy. Fortunate for me, Rose and Cody, two of my top 4 favorite characters in the Street Fighter series (along with Guy and Karin), are my best characters as well and fit my style perfectly. However, I want to make them secondaries because I know they have it hard in this latest edition of IV.

That's mainly why I said character searching and soul searching. I take pride in any character I pick. If I can't play them like I main them, then I won't play them at all. I don't half *** anything.

Just play seth

I'll still play Seth. It's just hard to play at that level with a character that has such little health. The one thing that scares me is that I don't know how to SPD without telegraphing it. That's the only reason I wouldn't play Seth.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
I'll still play Seth. It's just hard to play at that level with a character that has such little health. The one thing that scares me is that I don't know how to SPD without telegraphing it. That's the only reason I wouldn't play Seth.
You set up his SPD after dive kicks for the most part. Go straight into it after dive kick, cr.lk into it, or instead combo if you can hit confirm anything. I used to play Seth as one of my mains (other than Bison, Dudley, Blanka) but I dropped him because the revenge system screws him to much. He's kinda one of those 50/50 mixup characters that gets owned if you make mistakes. I'd suggest dropping all other characters and focus on Seth if you really want to play him well. Just so you know I've only played AE once so I don't about his potential changes.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Well I only play Cody. That would be dropping only one character LOL.

It's not the setting up part that I have a problem with. I've played characters with half circle grab motions before like Guy, Honda, and Necro. It's the SPD motion in particular. I can only do a 360 motion if I commit to it ala a jump (which makes it super obvious) or through mashing with wouldn't work in a block string because I'm mashing it. I understand the concept of block string/tick throwing (I come from a traditional fighting background) and I understand what you mean with the dive kick, cr. short tick setup, but because of the 360 motion, I'd mess it up.

pesticide

Smash Lord
I need to get better at smash

i just got a new place, the roommates aren't here for like, 2 weeks.

If anyone wants to smash at my place, i'd be happy to host.
AKA Pest APK, and the guys over at Garbs.

It'd be cool to have some people over :D

AND THERES LIKE 4 NON LAGGY TVS HERE
I get singled out? :cool: Id totally be down for coming over sumtime

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Kei would also come for an AE fest
whaa, i havnt seen that kid in awhile

get him in on this Operation: EVO too

Edit: And I love reading people and getting those punishes for it ("Dont do it!", they do it, then get immediately punished. happens every game). Which is why I like Makoto/Viper, and wario in brawl.

I probably gotta pick up a secondary eventually for the zangief matchup..its like 80-20 zangief favor so dumb

Also Imma probably change out my art for my stick on sunday/monday, depending on if i can find a spudger and hobby knives (since im off monday)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Well I only play Cody. That would be dropping only one character LOL.

It's not the setting up part that I have a problem with. I've played characters with half circle grab motions before like Guy, Honda, and Necro. It's the SPD motion in particular. I can only do a 360 motion if I commit to it ala a jump (which makes it super obvious) or through mashing with wouldn't work in a block string because I'm mashing it. I understand the concept of block string/tick throwing (I come from a traditional fighting background) and I understand what you mean with the dive kick, cr. short tick setup, but because of the 360 motion, I'd mess it up.
Whether you play stick or pad, you should be able to find a bunch of thread that could help you with 360 motions. You should even be able to find some videos tutorials on youtube.

Top Bottom