• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
if it makes you feel any better david, i couldnt do SPD on a fightpad without jumping/buffer either

but literally the first day I got stick I could do them. I only have trouble with the double SPD now on stick, but 1 is easy mode.

ey ruuku if your sister lets me stay ill bring my xbox and AE so we can play if you want. theres actually a free AE tourney at the convention on saturday, along with KOF but i dont care about that one. sunday has brawl and mario kart

probably give some sort of prize, but the prizes dont matter. it'll be fun just to compete in a less stressful setting :laugh:

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Whether you play stick or pad, you should be able to find a bunch of thread that could help you with 360 motions. You should even be able to find some videos tutorials on youtube.
For sure Ruuku. Thanks for looking out.

Oh... and Keith

KOF is that realness. Outside of KOFXII that awful game, KOF has always been legit.

I want to get into Virtua Fighter. I've always liked the game but never have got a chance to play it. The most technical game, might be good for me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im hearing alot of good about KOFXIII, so you can teach me about it when it comes out this fall David. Maybe i'll like it and play it as well. Hopefully the online isnt ***, since you live an entire country away

Also, pre-ordered this just now:

I could only go 1 tourney before carrying my stick around made me salty. Plus, I need to use my initial D bag for school now that my classes are starting again

I know you already have a crew of VSC, but I also consider you a crewmate of the CFL Hit Squad (that name isnt official, something I literally just made up for us in CFL learning the standard fighters together)

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
WHY DO I HAVE TO BE IN COLLEGE PAYMENTS ONLY MODE?

Hopefully I can get on that MadCatz Carrier Bag when I can use my money again.

Oh and thanks. Hit Squad sounds a bit corny but it ain't too bad but like you said you just came up with it.

I'll be like Tokido with like a million crews/sponsors

HS|CEO VSC.D-Torr TZV

Garret, VSC stands for Versus Corps. It's a Kissimmee/Orlando crew that started out mainly as friends with a passion for fighters but we are taking it much more seriously as the casual players are rooting themselves out and more competitive players, even ones that weren't friends to start with, have expressed interest in joining. We'll still be friends with the ones who left (since we're friends lol) but we're taking it to the next step.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol that dude's name looks like a car in nascar with all that sponsorship on it

im sure I can think of an actual legit name later on...everyone is on that messenger bag swag though, no one else is gonna rock the bookbag with me. Why do people want to carry it in their hand when they can just go atlus status and put it on their back? Oh well

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Let's break down that name into parts

HS|CEO VSC.D-Torr TZV

HS = CFL Hit Squad
CEO = Community Effort Orlando
VSC = Versus Corps
D-Torr = David Torres (D-Torr, my nickname turned game handle)
TZV = The Zero Virus (My original title/what I wanted to be called but it was too scrubby for a tag; Zero from MMX is my favorite Video Game character ever)

I'll just stick with VSC.D-Torr for now LOL

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Okay, okay, here's my name:

UNF|NFL GvilleG's.daTRUG(eoff)money.JC 352-Kkappa2 edit: of the ISP!!

j/k j/k, I did laugh D-Torr <3

double edit: i'd be so surprised if anyone can decode that **** fully

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Lol 1/11 :(

edit: btw, i hope you're at w/e tourney me/sax/goofball/...whoever end up going to in the fall, bro

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
LOL bro

it's like 2:40am and i just laughed hella loud. Thank you

codin and singing The Spell by Alphabeat pissin off errbody here

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I wanna start learning how to play standard fighters. Who wants to teach me?
I'm REAAAAAL nub at this stuff. Dice was startin' to teach me. If ya'll are starting up a crew, that might be something i'm interested in :). Since i suck at all other fighters :(. And seemingly Jeff's the ****. So i wanna learn

Also,
would anyone be interested in going to "Bulldog Brawl 2" in late september? My friend Kaptain is the one holding it, GA PR members will be present, if FL goes, AL is showing interest in going. NC is confirmed and i'm sure NFL would go. If it gets large enough, i think it could be another fun trip for us. Gallax and Jeff have first dibs on seats in my car, due to the misunderstanding of last trip, which i apologize again about XD.

PS, Yo garb/caps. Is it okay for me to be able to come over yet? Everyone trains over there and talks about chillin' over there. And i'm still sittin' here, never done anything wrong. Your house is the hyperbolic time chamber of fighters and i wanna get better. I mean, if i could train against HR often, i'd be getting SO good at smash (not that gallax isn't going a great job). And plus, you guys play like EVERY kind of game. (and i live 3 streets away :D :D).

Just think about it. I miss chillin'. And i'd like to play again sometime!

AND EVERYONE get back to me about the GA trip. I'd like to go to support my friends, and i think it'd be another cool trip.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I wanna start learning how to play standard fighters. Who wants to teach me?
I'm REAAAAAL nub at this stuff. Dice was startin' to teach me. If ya'll are starting up a crew, that might be something i'm interested in :). Since i suck at all other fighters :(. And seemingly Jeff's the ****. So i wanna learn

Also,
would anyone be interested in going to "Bulldog Brawl 2" in late september? My friend Kaptain is the one holding it, GA PR members will be present, if FL goes, AL is showing interest in going. NC is confirmed and i'm sure NFL would go. If it gets large enough, i think it could be another fun trip for us. Gallax and Jeff have first dibs on seats in my car, due to the misunderstanding of last trip, which i apologize again about XD.

PS, Yo garb/caps. Is it okay for me to be able to come over yet? Everyone trains over there and talks about chillin' over there. And i'm still sittin' here, never done anything wrong. Your house is the hyperbolic time chamber of fighters and i wanna get better. I mean, if i could train against HR often, i'd be getting SO good at smash (not that gallax isn't going a great job). And plus, you guys play like EVERY kind of game. (and i live 3 streets away :D :D).

Just think about it. I miss chillin'. And i'd like to play again sometime!

AND EVERYONE get back to me about the GA trip. I'd like to go to support my friends, and i think it'd be another cool trip.
That real talk^^^

Also, i'm pretty sure i was like one of THE first to jump on this when u posted it a while back o3o. I missed the first georgia trip due to dad johns...missing a second would bring me sadness :(

Hey pest, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o5Dq65s_xU&feature=feedu idk if ur sub'd to them but here's your match vs xaltis if u want to ask oli boards for critique ^_^

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
lol, been trying to go back to my roots and play SF. Didn't know FL Smash was gonna blow up into the SF scene. Good to hear you guys keeping the competitive spirit alive.

Why is Dudley bad...

That makes me sad panda.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Hmm. Bulldog brawl? Honestly id rather go to impact clash vi in Georgia...its like final round Jr (but it has smash and srk fighters)

I can't really supply a car though. I could possibly rent one since ill be 25 but everyone else would have to cover all gas. Plus id rather ride than drive :laugh:

:phone:

Ruuku

Smash Lord
ey ruuku if your sister lets me stay ill bring my xbox and AE so we can play if you want. theres actually a free AE tourney at the convention on saturday, along with KOF but i dont care about that one. sunday has brawl and mario kart

probably give some sort of prize, but the prizes dont matter. it'll be fun just to compete in a less stressful setting :laugh:
My sis said she's cool with you staying with us. Feel free to bring any systems you want. I have not been playing much lately but I can play pretty much any fighting game. Let's play some Brawl too even though I'm super rusty. By the way, I'm on AFO's volunteer list but I have yet to receive any sort of instructions. lol

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Nah, I play She-Hulk. She wins the most tourneys (even though she's not a top 5 character).

Here's the truth. If I can't play a character to the best of their ability, then I can't play them. I'd like to be able to do everything and use everything a character has in their arsenal and use to play at a high level. That's the main reason I stopped playing Diddy, even though I still have a decent one. However, a decent Diddy can get ***** hard.

Regarding AE, there are several characters I would like to play but I know I can't because the style of play that they need to be successful with doesn't suit me. The one character I would love to play is Dhalsim. Other characters are Sagat, Guile, Chun, Guy, Dudley, and Cammy. Fortunate for me, Rose and Cody, two of my top 4 favorite characters in the Street Fighter series (along with Guy and Karin), are my best characters as well and fit my style perfectly. However, I want to make them secondaries because I know they have it hard in this latest edition of IV.

That's mainly why I said character searching and soul searching. I take pride in any character I pick. If I can't play them like I main them, then I won't play them at all. I don't half *** anything.
Exdeath please respond to this. I didn't write this for no reason. Do you still believe I dislike successful characters?

Exdeath

Smash Master
Exdeath please respond to this. I didn't write this for no reason. Do you still believe I dislike successful characters?
I read it the day after you posted it, however it's still quite a coincidence that your favorite characters tend to be bad or if they aren't bad, that you tend to not mesh well with them.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Well I'm playing a high tier character in Brawl, certainly better than the character I switched from. I only made the switch after getting general response that my ZSS was better than my Yoshi.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
My sis said she's cool with you staying with us. Feel free to bring any systems you want. I have not been playing much lately but I can play pretty much any fighting game. Let's play some Brawl too even though I'm super rusty. By the way, I'm on AFO's volunteer list but I have yet to receive any sort of instructions. lol
ah cool thanks.

my number is 863-934-2355. text me yours, although ill probably see you at the AE tourney saturday anyway :laugh:

Exdeath

Smash Master
Well I'm playing a high tier character in Brawl, certainly better than the character I switched from. I only made the switch after getting general response that my ZSS was better than my Yoshi.
Weren't you going to play Diddy before Yoshi? Technically you're three tiers below my main (MK vs. ZSS). :>

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
No I did play Diddy. Lots of players liked my Diddy but then his metagame passed me by but Yoshi fit me so well at the time.

The funny thing is Lucario has been my secondary for each character I had since I started Brawl competitively in late 2008.

Top Bottom