• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
AFAIK, UCF is closed because the semester is over. This means no one is living on campus unless they are an RA. It just so happens that Brett is an RA this semester and, aside from his nice pad, he has access to the activity room and tv's. However, Brett only likes to play SSB64 and PM. Though I'm sure Brett will hook something up if Raz asks, they are good friends.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
AFAIK, UCF is closed because the semester is over. This means no one is living on campus unless they are an RA. It just so happens that Brett is an RA this semester and, aside from his nice pad, he has access to the activity room and tv's. However, Brett only likes to play SSB64 and PM. Though I'm sure Brett will hook something up if Raz asks, they are good friends.
:0 That sounds cool ^^

Razek

Smash Apprentice
I dont mid setting up a date for smash. I will contact Brett soon.

SAX

Smash Ace
Hahahahah! Just kidding bro. You coming to the May 11th Tourney?

If so, we are teaming.

#Doublepost

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
More than likely yes but if I can't get money for food there is a good chance I wont come. Cause I can eat if I stay home or not eat **** if I do go. hmmmm >_>

Exdeath

Smash Master
Darn, it's a bit far, haha
Thank you though!
Generally speaking, people carpool to tournaments so that the costs are greatly reduced. If it's a perception of distance then that's just relative -- especially considering that there are cars of people coming from Georgia and Miami.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Generally speaking, people carpool to tournaments so that the costs are greatly reduced. If it's a perception of distance then that's just relative -- especially considering that there are cars of people coming from Georgia and Miami.
I'm aware of that and I only speak for myself. What may be "too far" for me is different for others.
I was simply saying that it's too far for ME. You almost sound offended by my simple comment :/

Exdeath

Smash Master
I'm aware of that and I only speak for myself. What may be "too far" for me is different for others.
I was simply saying that it's too far for ME. You almost sound offended by my simple comment :/
I'm not offended; I was explaining because you seem to be new to the CFL Smash scene. I used to make the drive to Orlando from a further part of Winter Haven every week just for Smash, so it seems like a rather trivial distance to me.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
I'm not offended; I was explaining because you seem to be new to the CFL Smash scene. I used to make the drive to Orlando from a further part of Winter Haven every week just for Smash, so it seems like a rather trivial distance to me.
Oh, I see. I apologize >~<
Yeah, I'm kind of new to the tourney scene. I've gone to a couple but they've pretty much all been less than twenty minutes away
This one's about an hour or more out and considering I'm a high school student, I have no way to get there because I don't have a ride DX

Exdeath

Smash Master
Oh, I see. I apologize >~<
Yeah, I'm kind of new to the tourney scene. I've gone to a couple but they've pretty much all been less than twenty minutes away
This one's about an hour or more out and considering I'm a high school student, I have no way to get there because I don't have a ride DX
That's why I pointed out the carpool situation; other people are driving there and have available passenger seats if you pay them $X (it can vary widely based on the driver and the car, but it tends to be in the range of $10) in compensation for their gas.

pesticide

Smash Lord
I remember driving Exdeath, D-Torr, Kyon, and Lady Legion to that SFL tourney like 2.5/3 hrs away. Good times, good times (even though we held up the start of the tourney lol)

I miss y'all :c

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
That's why I pointed out the carpool situation; other people are driving there and have available passenger seats if you pay them $X (it can vary widely based on the driver and the car, but it tends to be in the range of $10) in compensation for their gas.
Hmm, still, I'm not too sure if I'd be able to do that :/

Vale

Smash Ace
I think I'm in pretty much the same situation as Ookami. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a decent part of the problem is getting parents to agree to letting their child go somewhere over an hour away to play a video game with what are essentially random strangers met over the Internet. Same thing with trying to meet in a more public place such as a room at UCF over going to somebody's living quarters.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
I think I'm in pretty much the same situation as Ookami. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a decent part of the problem is getting parents to agree to letting their child go somewhere over an hour away to play a video game with what are essentially random strangers met over the Internet. Same thing with trying to meet in a more public place such as a room at UCF over going to somebody's living quarters.
Jeez, you too? It's a bummer, isn't it?

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yus, I can see that. Even being the age that I am I'm kinda dubious about meeting people. At first I was hesitant about going to a tourney last year that Yos and Daisy kept asking me to attend among other tournaments. Of course, not entirely the same situation. Just be glad your parents look after you.

Exdeath

Smash Master
You guys may not recognize it now, but you'll be grateful for your parents' guidance in the future.

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Don't get me wrong, I'm very grateful! I just deem it a bit unfortunate that it's too far :/
I've been itching for another tourney for a while now and once one came our way it's too far! DX Ugh, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next one in the area. My Pika and Icies are getting restless ;c

pesticide

Smash Lord
I had that problem for a while too when i was in high school playing with these guys from smashboards lol. Luckily enough, a few of them happened to live in Apopka only a few mins from me so I was able to drive over to play whenever I had free time. Parents never knew that I had played in tournaments/driven to SFL/went to a bunch of smashfests until about 6 months ago haha. I had a car at age 17 tho so I can see how it might be more difficult for people trying to do the same thing when they don't have their own transportation. As I've got older I've realized what ExDeath said

Exdeath said:
You guys may not recognize it now, but you'll be grateful for your parents' guidance in the future.
is very true. If i had a kid, i seriously doubt I'd be cool with them going to meet random people from an online forum to play a video game. To a parent, the idea probably sounds super sketchy. But sometimes you just gotta try new things out *shrug*

Top Bottom