• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
You can just ask me for friendlies. I have a loose schedule, so you can come any except tuesday and thursday. Right now, not saturday. I got a class on that day.
Oh! That'd be great!
I'd have to find my way around campus though considering I'm a high school student and I won't really know what I'm doing there XD

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I go to full sail though, not ucf, so it's actually a random apartment home.

I get what you mean though since I was a high school student before, walking around campus and such.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I've learned a lot of the match ups really well already, with the exception of a few (peach, wario, more). I've always had trouble with Olimar too
Olimar isn't too bad. All you need to be weary of are the Pikmin. A majority of Olimars are campy and cowardly. Keep neutral airing the Pikmins and keep your distance. Of course, this depends on the character you're using. His grabs are also a problem. I usually try to stay in the air throughout the match and poke him down lol Or I counter Olimars with my Olimar :3

Oh, and with the two new Pikmins (flying and rock), I wonder how those will affect his moveset or how they will be used. White Pikmin are so useless :/

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace
Olimar isn't too bad. All you need to be weary of are the Pikmin. A majority of Olimars are campy and cowardly. Keep neutral airing the Pikmins and keep your distance. Of course, this depends on the character you're using. His grabs are also a problem. I usually try to stay in the air throughout the match and poke him down lol Or I counter Olimars with my Olimar :3

Oh, and with the two new Pikmins (flying and rock), I wonder how those will affect his moveset or how they will be used. White Pikmin are so useless :/
My main problem is that when I'm taking heavy damage from the pikmin, I feel the instinctive need to close the gap between us. I'm slowly learning it so all is well ^^
I'll honestly usually just switch to my trusty submain; Ice Climbers XD

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
White pikmin do the most damage when they're latched onto someone. I think it's 6% per second or something like that

*is an Olimar main*
Ah, ok. For some reason, I thought it did indeed more damage but I wasn't sure. I just know that it's the worst to have in the front of the queue for recovery as it won't latch to ledges when recovering. Happens to me toooo many times. I also know that when thrown, they shoot across faster.

Exdeath

Smash Master
As I recall, white Pikmin do everything faster, have the highest pummel damage, and have the highest latching damage. They also have the lowest attack damage, stun (except for yellow throws), knock back and health.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Doesn't the yellow pikmin have the best throws? I use to main that one yellow pikmin in ssb64, then I switched to the green one with the sword.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
As I recall, white Pikmin do everything faster

What? Olimar suffers most under smart pressure. He's the second best camper in the game. Don't play that game because Pikachu will get wrecked in camping, as will most other characters. This is coming from a guy who hasn't lost to an Olimar in tourney...and plays the #1 best camper :) Basically just find a way to weave in without getting good ol pivot grabbed or smash'd.
And don't use nair to get Pikmin off cause that will stale it. My guess is bair/utilt/uair/dair would be the best.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
My strategy works for me lol But I know what you mean by stalling. Honestly, my best counter to Olimar is to use Olimar myself and wreck 'em.

Btw, did you play Snake against Mampam?

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
My strategy works for me lol But I know what you mean by stalling. Honestly, my best counter to Olimar is to use Olimar myself and wreck 'em.

Btw, did you play Snake against Mampam?
I see. :popo: tho

Nope. I would never do that.

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
I'd be down for some smash soon, I should be done with grading by the end of the day. Maybe we can get the salty squad to join in if we rip the monster hunter and LoL from their hands.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Someone won it. I didn't know who it was. So it was you, then. That played that Snake. Against Mampam (who was sweating a bit too much).

Ok, that's an understatement, but you know what I mean.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Someone won it. I didn't know who it was. So it was you, then. That played that Snake. Against Mampam (who was sweating a bit too much).

If his sweat can't lubricate the controller then he'll make more technical errors.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher

Lol I was kidding. MVD was the Snake that took 2nd and NickRiddle the ZSS won.

SAX

Smash Ace
Sooooooo, I'm back in apopka/orlando until august for summer. I'll try to come out pretty often to see all my old friends, and even meet new peeps in the ucf scene!:D just hit me up. I'd be down to play tonight

I also play pm and melee too!

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
You brawl at UCF and if you lose you get sent to the Shadow Realm.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Yo I play Yugioh too! Haha fire fist!! Can't wait until dragons come out though
Lol you're talking to the wrong guy. I'm an old school YuGiOh watcher and card player so I have no idea what either of those are.

:estatic:

Millennium Ring pls

Ookami Hajime

Smash Ace

Razek

Smash Apprentice
Is there a possibility we could somehow meet at UCF on campus? That's the best chance of this working out for me :/
I'm also a Pika mainer (Icies submain) and I'd be elated to play another Pikachu ^^
, I am not sure if I know of a place on campus, sorry bud. Sax, You have my cell, hit me up. I do know that Olimar matchup you have to be aggressive. The yellow Pikman will be immune to most attacks and Uair misses the ones latched onto you. Don't Nair them because you need that move to be fresh when it does hit.

Top Bottom