• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Best Buy has factory refurbed wiimote plus controlers for $20. Pretty nice if you want to try out skyward sword (and you should). Multiple colors available butttttt black one below

Clicky

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
any cIOS with 56 as base should be just fine. IIRC Garb said the tutorial intro may cause problems and that you may have to launch the alt.dol the first time.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I havnt tried yet lol. I got my arcade stick back yesterday broken so I had to buy another this morning so all today and tomorrow are fighting games and I wanna beat uncharted 2 first before starting skyward

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea I bought it from play n trade...I went to buy a used gc controller for parts and then they had buy 2 get 1 free so I got it and bayonetta :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Yea the guy who was trying to dual mod it was a scrub and broke it. So he gave me 120 to compensate (70 for the stick and 50 for the piece I bought so it could be dual modded)

The play n trade behind my house had a SE for sale luckily for 50 (used but doesn't matter cause imma put all my buttons and stick on it)

So basically I'm back to square one. A stick that only works on 360. Imma either learn to dual mod it myself (since it doesn't take soldering) or have gummowned do it at final round cause he's doing mods there. I think he charges like 70-80

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Your arcade stick broke gdx?

Yo Jeff, the little black kitten (Dems named her Adenine/Gwenevere? Dunno) went back to the East Orlando Animal Hospital today. It is $65 for the adoption plus basic shots plus spay, and 45 or so extra for the rest of the shots plus a couple freebies Demi will get for you. Just keep in mind that
black kittens don't get adopted as frequently and after a few days they get sent to animal control for euthanization :(
Dems brought her home for an extra week to delay the process.

Yo Keith, what is broken about the dual mod? Maybe I can have a look see?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I dunno he just paid me and kept the teasy. I might buy another and just do it myself. Apparently the mod is solderless

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
either do the TEASY MYself, buy a QANBA, or wait until final round and have gummowned do it for me

I prefer the first or last cause I like the size of the SE over TE

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I can't stand the SE. So ****ing small and moves all over the place. Even the TE is too light for me. My friend has a Q4RAF and that thing doesn't move. Might be the arcade stick I've been looking for all along.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i like the smaller size. dont like all that weight on my lap, and I cant play on table/floor. lap only
if a QANBA is heavier than a TE then I definitely dont want it. It probably doesnt move around because of the soft felt bottom

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

That HORI VLX. If only I had the money.

I don't like playing using a table or a chair for a arcade stick or sitting on the floor but I have to with SE/TEs since theyare so ****ing light.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
holy mother of god I could not use that thing

Also, bought another SE today since the first one got wrecked. Just unscrewed the faceplate and put it on the new SE so I wouldn't have to redo artwork or remove buttons

/swag

ZeroUnderOne

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm.... bit of a weird one here but...

Bath and Body works gave out "random" coupons for up to 40% off at stores. Here is the 40% coupon in case you guys are running out of ideas for the girls. ~~~> Clicky

Edit: Oh my... looks like it works on stuff that is already on sale. :)

B_AWAL

Smash Master
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY I'm gonna b in orlando 4 the night!! but I'm a b homeles... any1 wanna house me??? call me @ (954)618-9548 plz call asap I lost all my #s

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I want to host a relitively cheap tournament.

I know i spelled that word wrong.

All Brawl Side Tourney for like, 2$

Singles for 5? maybe even 2$
and dubs for 5.

Maybe a 2$ door fee so we can get pizza.

Just something fun. I'd like to have fun and not be so serious and i've been in the mood to do this.
Is anyone down?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
i am 100% down to do this.

I really don't want this scene to die since i'm getting alot of kids in the UCF area into this game. Plus, it's a fun game. Everynoe gets too salty. I lost to Ganon. No one else but me can be salty. and i aint even mad.

The only thing is where to host it.
I could do it at my place, but it's not that big.

Maybe i could use the community center here.
I'll figure it out.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Okay sounds good.
If SFL would like to come, that'd be really cool. I know there isn't much incentive since it's a cheap tourney... but it'd be fun.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
like i said, im down but not this month

every saturday is booked with other nerd non-smash events

Top Bottom