• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
He's offering :metaknight:,:fox:,:falco:.

sounds good to me.

Serious talk

I need someone to upload my Gfest/WATO replays
i've been waiting for a while and they've seemed to have fallen through the cracks.

I reaaaaaally want to post my Ganon vids online so i can get them critiqued, hence the like, 45 ****ing MM's i did at gfest

someone please meet me halfway on this one.

Idk, try picking like 2-3 best sets that you think will get the most critique. Cuz that is a bunch. And by most critique i mean choose the the best ppl you fought.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
@Kuro, well, i send all my replays to someone a while back. I also wanted the teams matches uploaded, and other people did MM's and tourney matches on my SD.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Incase anyone's curious,
These are some vids i got uploaded from the concert i went to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RRmxH9Bn5w&feature=player_detailpage
Video i took of Straight Line Stitch.
This ***** can scream XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0dBhbiRxc&feature=player_detailpage
^ song i lost my earring. Suicide Silence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im0dBhbiRxc&feature=player_detailpage
^ Trivium da bess.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ug2LMVu169w&feature=player_detailpage
^ Disturbed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KzjL9_pq1Q
^ Godsmack.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Mink, I'll get back on uploading videos, but I've been taking a break from Brawl and gotten myself busy with other stuff. By the way, there is already a Tampa tournament on 9/17, so it would be silly to have NLL on the same date.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Dang it Nova, making me thirsty. Please elaborate on that pic. Irish carbomb with brown sugar? Killing me here.
That my good sir is thai iced coffee. Eastern spices anise and cardemom blended and brewed in the coffee. The glass, rimmed with brown sugar, is one part kahluah, two parts thai coffee, one part sweetened condensed milk. If you spoon in the milk, it can be served machiato style.

:phone:

_Dice

Smash Ace
That my good sir is thai iced coffee. Eastern spices anise and cardemom blended and brewed in the coffee. The glass, rimmed with brown sugar, is one part kahluah, two parts thai coffee, one part sweetened condensed milk. If you spoon in the milk, it can be served machiato style.

:phone:
YOU. have you found a place to live yet?

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
YOU. have you found a place to live yet?
I renewed my lease -_- It'll end in 4 months lol

edit:
**** dude
**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****

gallax

Smash Hero
Newest ELO Rankings. I will come out with a statement explaining everything and certain trends ive noticed as well as certain people id like to talk about. Too tired now. Btw, I had no bias in this system. The numbers are what was calculated by the ELO system program.

gallax

Smash Hero
I havent updated the tourney from PnT Ed so be patient please.

The ELO takes into account player vs player skill levels and produces and expected win ratio. If you are highly favored to win and lose then your opponent earns a lot of points while you lose points. If you win then you gain very little while your opponent loses very little points because they were not even close in skill level to you. The closer you are in skill level, the higher the amount of points you can win.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
She was meaningless.

I REGRET NOTHING.

Part of me wants to have an all nighter.
But part of me is already tired.

I just wanna watch bleach.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Newest ELO Rankings. I will come out with a statement explaining everything and certain trends ive noticed as well as certain people id like to talk about. Too tired now. Btw, I had no bias in this system. The numbers are what was calculated by the ELO system program.

wtf is the k-value?

edit: oh **** wonderbread still plays? that guy is a bossnerd

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ugh i wish you would've just included everyone in that not just CFL. so we panelists could've compared them and maybe have used ELO for next season...but now we have to wait

Edit: it actually looks pretty close except for you and ryo should be switched around, but you should still do a new one based off the upcoming PR that has everyone so we can compare and maybe use ELO starting 2012 if it looks good enough

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
also is there a bonus pool?

few people are listed multiple times as well

don't act like "it's math, dudebros; there's no way it can be biased!!"

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Does the ranking take into account pools or just bracket? Cuz i have definitely beat a few of the people (way) above me in pools at least
most likely (considering fyre is listed as beating 2djeff which i believe only happened in pools)

but that brings up a lot of problems as well.... esp. if pool/bracket play share the same k-value

gallax

Smash Hero
Pools were taken into account. Tourneys without entry fees had a smaller k value than tourneys with entry fees. Normal K-Value = 50 and the smaller k value for tourneys without an entry fee the k value= 25.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Do PR matches count?

also is there a bonus pool?

few people are listed multiple times as well

don't act like "it's math, dudebros; there's no way it can be biased!!"
He was getting ahead of the inevitable "Ryo<Gallax? Gallax is biased!" The only places that I can think of where bias enters is on who counts for CFL and what the K-Values are. $2 entry K value is the same as $15 entry K value, but is twice as much as free entry K value.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Do PR matches count?

He was getting ahead of the inevitable "Ryo<Gallax? Gallax is biased!" The only places that I can think of where bias enters is on who counts for CFL and what the K-Values are. $2 entry K value is the same as $15 entry K value, but is twice as much as free entry K value.
not really. I'm trying to point out the problems with an Elo system and why it is inappropriate for a PR.

i posted about many of the problems associated with Elo systems in the Florida PR thread awhile ago but no one seemed to give a **** (prolly cause no one knows anything about the disadvantages of Elo).

Elo systems are very good for ladders (either w/ matchmaking or simple matching of people within certain thresholds... both done at random... not picking your opponent). Otherwise it's a very arbitrary number that can serve as a base, but you really need to be subjective to form a PR.

Top Bottom