• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you got this david. we'll be cheering for you pretty hard.

do well in case theres 2nd round pools

and alvin, i'll help how i can with the drinking stuff

Caps05

Smash Cadet
Hey mike im watching that movie you recommended, sundhine, pretty ****in epic. It's kinda cool cause we talked about this kind of scenario in one of my classes.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
after trying mission mode with viper to learn some combos

ive come to the fatal realization that the fightpad wont be good enough for me to play this game. its too fast paced for my little thumbs to handle...i need a fightpad glimmer of hope

2-DJeff

Smash Master
after trying mission mode with viper to learn some combos

ive come to the fatal realization that the fightpad wont be good enough for me to play this game. its too fast paced for my little thumbs to handle...i need a fightpad glimmer of hope
you gotta buy a stick its the only way thats why i told radix to buy 1 instead of a pad
all though i could play pad for MVC2 the same i play stick for it
and FYI d-torrs zero is cheap in that game but give me day 2 and ill try to figure somthing against it

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you gotta buy a stick its the only way thats why i told radix to buy 1 instead of a pad
all though i could play pad for MVC2 the same i play stick for it
and FYI d-torrs zero is cheap in that game but give me day 2 and ill try to figure somthing against it
maybe i just need to find something that helps speed my finger movements up. my brain can comprehend the combos after a few tries but its hard getting my fingers to follow

Toneh

Smash Lord
You also have to upgrade the joystick, unless you bought an expensive one. It won't read movements that great and the cheaper joysticks are more stiff.
maybe i just need to find something that helps speed my finger movements up. my brain can comprehend the combos after a few tries but its hard getting my fingers to follow
Same here. The games really fast.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
yea thats why i was saying that xaltis is wrong when he say smash players are smarter than 2d fighter players. you have to be constinly thinking about your next attack in a combo. just like in ssf4 tony told me he has trouble remebering all the combos. You may have troubel with it at first but as you play more your develop somewhat of a photographic memory. you guys will get it down though. just keep playing.
2d fighters takes a bit more brains not much but just a bit more(not saying your dumb) but you just dont know what to expect

gallax

Smash Hero
There are studies that have been done that says that different games use different parts of the brain when playing. Melee is different than brawl in the brain when thinking. The same would go for MvC2. If its harder or easier for you then it simply means that area of your brain is more developed. Not because you're smarter or dumber.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
advance guard. lame him out. done. zero sucks bro. 800k health ***** is what he is dies from ONE combo. but srsly advance guard once he heavys ( good zero will bait the advance guard and ur heavy will come out and whiff so be careful) then be gay.

@gallax...very very true omg

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i knew all my combos in SSFIV with viper. i was just bad at execution cause i didnt practice, but I at least knew them. They also werent nearly as long as Mahvel combos (jumping heavy -> F feint F -> seismo -> sjcBK -> M TK -> H TK was really the longest one i had in super, and thats like a basic air combo now)

and i could play that game on a pad cause even though she was the most technical, it wasnt that fast paced. I just forgot how fast Mahvel really is

and yea tony, the reason i bought that stick specifically that i sold to you was for one day to where i'd buy replacement buttons/stick, so i know all about that :laugh:

but trust me jeff, ive definitely played 2d fighters for awhile now, but never at a tourney level.

2-DJeff

Smash Master
There are studies that have been done that says that different games use different parts of the brain when playing. Melee is different than brawl in the brain when thinking. The same would go for MvC2. If its harder or easier for you then it simply means that area of your brain is more developed. Not because you're smarter or dumber.
yea i not really saying people are dumb im just saying expand your imagination. Like for me i believe brawl is easier then all 2dfighters just because the ability's it lacks. At the same time you can be bad at that game because the game dose not hold that certain ability so you dont always expect certain stuff.
But thats a great way to explain it gallax

gallax

Smash Hero
Jeff, im like high right now. Could u please use periods at least so i can read it. Itll make my life easier

Edit: Im high. The words are moving. Type bigger too lol. Or something.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
advance guard. lame him out. done. zero sucks bro. 800k health ***** is what he is dies from ONE combo. but srsly advance guard once he heavys ( good zero will bait the advance guard and ur heavy will come out and whiff so be careful) then be gay.

@gallax...very very true omg
This is exactly why I don't want to play Zero.

Good Zeros also know how to maneuver with the character as well.

Toneh

Smash Lord
:troll:

Next saturday is a UCF lan, maybe we'll get some smash going there again, or mvc3.

"Saturday, Feb. 26th, 2011, 12:00pm - 2:00am"

Dice if you go and play sc2 there I can watch you do work.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
Today, I need some play time, and im off today. First person gets 50 % off first watch =P, prior to the long smash battle.(yes this WILL be taken out of context)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Today, I need some play time, and im off today. First person gets 50 % off first watch =P, prior to the long smash battle.(yes this WILL be taken out of context)
sorry, cant play until i get off of work wolololol

but i can come over and play after if you want

gallax

Smash Hero
Keep it on the DL guys but the bbr is currently working on a paper/argument where, in the end, a certain character will be proven to be broken and then we ARE going to ban said character. Get hyped.

reserk

Smash Cadet
whoever has marvel vs capcom 3 (which i think everyone does now) let me know if i can ever get a couple of maches online! my gamertags reserk. tony, you better get live soon! i wanna face you!

Exdeath

Smash Master
Keep it on the DL guys but the bbr is currently working on a paper/argument where, in the end, a certain character will be proven to be broken and then we ARE going to ban said character. Get hyped.
I'm not actually certain whether or not Florida/CFL would care haha.

Top Bottom