• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

SAX

Smash Ace

Okay cool. you're part of Apopka right? Sorry if i'm wrong.
but we'll get some smashin' in for sure. Playing by yourself gets you nowhere fast, except practing AT's.
So... We'll have to meet up.
yeah I live in apopka. Yeah pretty much... I feel you there haha. I don't have a wii, mine broke, So I'd prolly come to your house. 2d-Jeff and 187(SOLO) live within 5 minute walking distance from me. You could ask them to see if they'd be down too.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
You guys that didn't come yesterday seriously suck. You literally had every PR player but Hrnut at this and you guys still don't come.... no wonder we all suck here.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you'll be doing some falling to your death?

and yea, there was a WATO yesterday

oh, and i got the FAT32 format working for my games, so you can ignore my text when you eventually see it. still send me a link to update my wii though. highly interested in that playing wiiware from SD card trick

gallax

Smash Hero
I had previous plans for yesterday made a while ago. Combine that with me having to go to the hospital last week and the migraines and the no money from spending it on med i couldnt go. Id like an apology from you kyon. Your assuming things that you had no idea you were talking about.

gallax

Smash Hero
Tony has to save money for his ski trip and he had two exams yesterday. Trust me when i say there was no way tony was going, even if the entire event was free and someone drove his too and fro for free.

No johns for hrnut though.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I had plans from a month ago as well. Went out to froggers and watched ufc paper view fights. As well as a Reseatch paper and physics online coursewrk do monday...speaking of which...bk to work x.x

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I'll say that's fine why you couldn't go even though you guys were complaint about sone simple 5 dollar door fee. But I will not say sorry. What I said is true none the less

gallax

Smash Hero
Just because im not coming doesnt meant i cannot complain about the door fee. I will keep complaining until it gets to 3$ or below. Its principle. The excuse that he feeds you and lets you use his house is irrelevant. I charged 2$ for a house tourney and had food/drinks for an extra 1$ and had an awesome payout system. I also had 3 roommates allowing this to happen. I made 0 profit off of my tournament. Hbox is banking a ****load of money from this.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I'm sure your house didn't like have 40 plus people in it ether nor is your house as big. Most of that money went to his mother, drinks, and all that pizza we got that everyone destroyed. And plus everyone isn't you. I think I should stop now before I start again XD

gallax

Smash Hero
40 X 5 =200$

---------------------------------

pizza + drink = max 70$

+

electricity cost = max 30$

+

Big House Convenience Fee = 15$

= 115$

=> MINIMUM 85$ profit

gallax

Smash Hero
40 X 5 =200$

pizza + drink = max 70$

+

electricity cost = max 30$

+

Big House Convenience Fee = 15$

= 115$

=> MINIMUM 85$ profit
Just Counted 51 people => Total House Fee Pot = Minimum 250$

==> MINIMUM 135$ profit

@ kyon - everyone =/= me but most people would agree that the profit he made was ridiculous.

Toneh

Smash Lord
Excuses.... Excuses....

When you guys start spending more money getting to tournies than I do, then start complaining.

Until then, SFL da bess.
You guys asked why we didnt go. We don't agree with making profits at a house tournament when smash is your hobby anyway. If you wanna make $, place top 5.

To be honest, watos are $5 door and people still went, so now he has incentive to keep doing it and make more profits

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
WATO has done alot for me. Without WATO, I wouldn't be apart of the Smash scene.

I'm thankful for that, so I'll gladly keep going despite it's extremely expensive $5 door fee.

I'm not speaking for anyone else. Just me.

If you wanna make $, place top 5.
I don't play Smash for money, nor do I play any of the other competitive games I play for money.

gallax

Smash Hero
If you guys want, looking at your dtorr, I have been hosting coaching practice on thursday/fridays and will continue doing so, no door fees or anything. Anyone is more than allowed to come over. I can only have 2 people over max though for coaching and training. And just to let you all know, so far radiX, xdeath, bebop, mink, and gindler have all come over and have been training with me. I promise you they are all better for it and will do better in tourney. I have seen such an improvement from everyone. Just call me and i will play hours on end for you. Im getting medication this week to improve my migraines so i will be able to focus better and longer. I will train any time during the week during this winter break. No excuses.

Toneh

Smash Lord
If you guys want, looking at your dtorr, I have been hosting coaching practice on thursday/fridays and will continue doing so, no door fees or anything. Anyone is more than allowed to come over. I can only have 2 people over max though for coaching and training. And just to let you all know, so far radiX, xdeath, bebop, mink, and gindler have all come over and have been training with me. I promise you they are all better for it and will do better in tourney. I have seen such an improvement from everyone. Just call me and i will play hours on end for you. Im getting medication this week to improve my migraines so i will be able to focus better and longer. I will train any time during the week during this winter break. No excuses.
Charge by the hour and make profits :awesome:

Otronicon tournament this January, 14th and 15th. Cecil is hosting it. He didn't put it under tournament listings, so be on the look out for a new thread soon.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293287

The catch is that they split doubles and singles on different days =/. Science Center did the same thing last January so if you dont wanna pay con entry twice, then choose just singles or doubs.

That was the tourny where me, gallax, and sensei met bebop and kuro ;). Maybe we'll find new smashers there.

*Added to the 1st page

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Charge by the hour and make profits :awesome:

Otronicon tournament this January, 14th and 15th. Cecil is hosting it. He didn't put it under tournament listings, so be on the look out for a new thread soon.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=293287
The catch is that they split doubles and singles on different days =/. Science Center did the same thing last January so if you dont wanna pay con entry twice, then choose just singles or doubs.

That was the tourny where me, gallax, and sensei met bebop and kuro ;). Maybe we'll find new smashers there.

*Added to the 1st page
You mean the tournament spike and I PHUCKIN STOMPED DOUBLES? Lol jk

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Unfortunately, I work Fridays so I can't make it that day.

For Thursday (after this week since I have classes), I would need a ride there and back home. Action is generally my only way to anything that's not Hungrybox's house. Action, however, has priorities so I don't know how that's gonna happen.

And while it's no door fee for the general UCF area, I have to pay $5-10 gas for his car since it is not fuel efficient. That's money I could use for a tourny.

Toneh

Smash Lord
You mean the tournament spike and I PHUCKIN STOMPED DOUBLES? Lol jk
yeah :D. I was short on $ so I went for the singles day
And while it's no door fee for the general UCF area, I have to pay $5-10 gas for his car since it is not fuel efficient. That's money I could use for a tourny.
ughh i hate that, my last car was the same. Turning on the car burned like a gallon of gas. Next car i get is def. gonna be fuel efficient

gallax

Smash Hero
The offer is still out on the table. If anyone needs any training call me. I will start training. Btw, gdx, im gonna hit u up this week and play a **** ton with you.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
The offer is still out on the table. If anyone needs any training call me. I will start training. Btw, gdx, im gonna hit u up this week and play a **** ton with you.
lol. me and mike train each other, then he goes and trains the rest of CFL cause im mainly busy but partially lazy.

Top Bottom