• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UCF Brawl in Orlando (Central Florida) + CFL PR Thread

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
alright guys imma take a **** on that palm beach gardens tourney real quick

why drive 3-4 hours to this tourney, thats 5 dollar entry, and only store credit at a Play N Trade

when theres a play n trade tourney, in orlando, thats also 5 dollar entry for singles/doubles, this saturday, AND its cash payout (if theres "enough" people, if its small its store credit)

i didnt even know about it until today when i went to go buy megaman zero collection for DS. Its at the play N trade on Aloma ave in oviedo (the one thats literally behind my house, for anyone thats ever been to my place)

Play N Trade
5420 Deep Lake Road
Oviedo, FL 32765-5242
(407) 657-8880

I dont remember if it was 12pm or 1pm....i think 1, but just get there early either way to sign up and possible friendlies. They ARE doing both singles/doubles though. and standard rules too....friendly fire on, 3 stock, legit stages

BE THERE

Mampam

Smash Ace
alright guys imma take a **** on that palm beach gardens tourney real quick

why drive 3-4 hours to this tourney, thats 5 dollar entry, and only store credit at a Play N Trade

when theres a play n trade tourney, in orlando, thats also 5 dollar entry for singles/doubles, this saturday, AND its cash payout (if theres "enough" people, if its small its store credit)

i didnt even know about it until today when i went to go buy megaman zero collection for DS. Its at the play N trade on Aloma ave in oviedo (the one thats literally behind my house, for anyone thats ever been to my place)

Play N Trade
5420 Deep Lake Road
Oviedo, FL 32765-5242
(407) 657-8880 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************(407) 657-8880******end_of_the_skype_highlighting

I dont remember if it was 12pm or 1pm....i think 1, but just get there early either way to sign up and possible friendlies. They ARE doing both singles/doubles though. and standard rules too....friendly fire on, 3 stock, legit stages

BE THERE
If its this sat........ no way we can go........ =(

got animal johns ;D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
someone needs to call them tomorrow. tony brought up a question to me of how much are they taking out of the pot, and to answer his question i said "i dunno lol". so we need to find out. i just know its 60/30/10 payout

either way, now that i have plans saturday night i cant go to the palm beach gardens tourney anymore, so this one is my only option. and since its behind my house, pretty much guaranteed ill go no matter how much they take

Trott

Smash Rookie
someone needs to call them tomorrow. tony brought up a question to me of how much are they taking out of the pot, and to answer his question i said "i dunno lol". so we need to find out. i just know its 60/30/10 payout

either way, now that i have plans saturday night i cant go to the palm beach gardens tourney anymore, so this one is my only option. and since its behind my house, pretty much guaranteed ill go no matter how much they take
My brother works at that play n trade so I think he might be helping them run that tourney. About a month ago he told me that his boss wanted to start running tournaments regularly at that play n trade so if you guys make a good showing at it then maybe it will become a monthly or biweekly thing

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
My brother works at that play n trade so I think he might be helping them run that tourney. About a month ago he told me that his boss wanted to start running tournaments regularly at that play n trade so if you guys make a good showing at it then maybe it will become a monthly or biweekly thing
Thats awesome Trott, thanks for letting us know. We'll be sure to spread hype for it.

BTW, awesome news to hear about your brother in-law. Unfortunately I don't have cable, but I'll be sure to root for him and put my vote in. Maybe you can host a small get together and me and my girl can come watch and root with you guys, LOL it would be fun.

Trott

Smash Rookie
Thats awesome Trott, thanks for letting us know. We'll be sure to spread hype for it.

BTW, awesome news to hear about your brother in-law. Unfortunately I don't have cable, but I'll be sure to root for him and put my vote in. Maybe you can host a small get together and me and my girl can come watch and root with you guys, LOL it would be fun.
Haha I definitely will if I'm back in time and he's still on the show. I'm currently at my girl's house in West Palm Beach waiting for her dad to get some work done so we can head out to Texas and look for a place to stay. Hopefully I'll be back later in July for a smashfest/tourney in CFL so I can say goodbye to everyone before I move out to Texas.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Oh dam it!

I don't think I'll be around here in July, or for most of the summer. Right now work is priority and trying to start my adult life is rough. I ended up getting a position as a summer course instructor for basic computer science at MIT/Harvard.

Go figure as I was just up in MA, which means I'll be wrecking fools again and probably going back on there PR , LOL maybe not I'll be to busy, Florida is too good! I hate being all over the place it sucks, but you have to take work (especially in your career field) where you can get it.

Then when the summers over, I have to decide whether to come back or head out west. I hate Florida for all its worth, the old people, the dumb drunk college kids, the horrible drivers, sh.ity weather....etc....I could go on. Although if it's anything that makes me want to stay or come back, it's definitely you guys.

I have solemnly pledge my allegiance to the Florida smash scene. You can beat if theres a crew battle between anyone vs FL I'm sticking with you guys all the way. I can't believe how one game brought me so close to so many people, and through it I know I have made life long friends.

During my return to MA, I'll try my best to find a career job back down in FL so that I may return.

I honesty can say it's just not right smashing with anyone else.

1. Because Florida the best
2. Every other region dose not know how to play this game like we do
3. I've notice my skills to plummet DRASTICALLY when I'm not practicing with Florida
4. I leave I ****, then I come back to FL and get ***** by you guys.
5. Our "low tiers" **** oos high tier PR

If that doesn't tell you we're good I don't know what will. I guess you have to experience it for yourself. Next time you guys go oos to a different regions, just notice how people play and react. It's bad when you can physically see a large skill gap between us and other regions, at least thats how I felt.

With that said, more SMASH FEST! I need to play everyone as much as I can!

gallax

Smash Hero
I got the edge back in snake dittos gallax muahaha
haha. ok tony. i won more snake dittos than u did. ur just saying that cuz i was getting frustrated. plus tony, im sick and on drugs. i just had a tooth removed so im in a lot of pain. if u can't go somewhat even with me it'd be sad.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
I had a tooth pulled and i didn;t use my pain killers=P i saved them for the right time =P, and tony what he is trying to say is. he could have pulled more grenades.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
going to go see a team tomorrow probably

but i was told some misinformation about the PnT tourney tomorrow

its actually FFA and first place gets all 60% of the pot. the first guy i talked to wednesday gave me the info for the wrong PnT sponsored tourney

:(

with that being said, since its still behind my house, i might go, but not really caring anymore

and id probably be down for playing today. but where?

Toneh

Smash Lord
but i was told some misinformation about the PnT tourney tomorrow

its actually FFA and first place gets all 60% of the pot. the first guy i talked to wednesday gave me the info for the wrong PnT sponsored tourney

:(

with that being said, since its still behind my house, i might go, but not really caring anymore

and id probably be down for playing today. but where?
yeah i figured, thats pnt for yeah, unless u got someone good running it

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yeah i figured, thats pnt for yeah, unless u got someone good running it
well, its a car wash earlier that morning apparently, and the car wash is running it at pnt to help raise money for said wash. so pnt actually has nothing to do with it, as far as rules go

Top Bottom