• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UC Norcal Crew Battle II *Thank you for playing*

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Basically what Jay said. It'll actually end up saving you guys about 5 bucks I think, roundtrip.

All right, we'll talk to UC SC about pizza and the paid singles tourney thing as well. If no one cares, I think we'll just go ahead and make it a free tourney.

demu351

Smash Apprentice
alright sounds good, i guess im gonna park in the richmond bart station and meet up with the rest of the davis guys then.

The Game II

Smash Champion
I'm going to be in San Lorenzo during the afternoon for a h3 tourney. What time do you think this will end? I could perhaps catch the final moments and record it.

If it ends early, then it's the biweeeeeekly for me.

--GCII

_glook

Short answer: I'd say we'll be there until at LEAST 7 for the Singles tourney after the crew battle.

Long answer:
With 3 crews at about 1-1.5 hours per battle, I'd say we'd probably end 4-5ish for the crew battle itself. We're hoping 4 though since that would give us enough time for a singles tourney. Because we probably want to end before 8 or 9, we'd probably forgo pools (especially if it's a free tourney or low cost tourney) and just do a whatever-man double elimination bracket. At that point, it will probably be at least 7 by the time we end, probably later though since there are invariably complications and we have no idea how many people will want to enter the singles tourney.

If you would like to stop by, by all means please do. We'll be recording the crew battle matches and putting them on youtube as well if that means anything.

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
yea and for davis people. theres a direct bus that runs from davis to berkeley that drops you off at the main entrance of campus.

hugQ Cortex

Master
Didn't you say you quit Smash like a week ago?

On another note: Peter, just to let you know, we have already chosen the people who will be playing for the UCB Crew last weekend. We can't have you in crew since it would take away someone's spot already, but you may still play in friendlies/singles if you decide to come.

To everyone: Just a reminder, in case you didn't want to read the above paragraph, there will be a Singles tourney after the crew battle.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I like plain cheese pizza ^_^ Although anything with meat and no vegetables is fine too, I just don't like vegetables. Unless you count garlic.

_glook

Pizzas: We're thinking of ording mostly pepperoni, I think, although we should have a few cheese pizzas for vegetarians.

Singles Tournament: I think we're going to go ahead and make it free.

Crew Battle: One more day! Hope to see you all here!

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Lots of fun! Thanks to UC Berkeley for hosting! UCB campus isn't as bad as all the rumors say it is.

SNAP/Danny was a really hard opponent! Fun battles! T_T And the 20$ money match was intense! Next time, 40$ mm! ^^

demu351

Smash Apprentice
thanks again to UCB for hosting!! it was a lot of fun!! it was nice meeting and talking to you, eric! let me know when those vids are up, haha!

Snap

Smash Ace
pink shinobi: that was lots of fun. you have a very nice peach!

good job winning that $20MM against MrGanondorf.

also, there are rumors that the UCB campus is bad? like, the campus is ugly or something? or do u mean the smashers aren't that great?

I like plain cheese pizza ^_^ Although anything with meat and no vegetables is fine too, I just don't like vegetables. Unless you count garlic.
so you told us what pizzas to get and then you don't show up. jerk.

_glook

That was good stuff UC Davis! Thanks for coming out here again! You guys were a lot of fun to hang out and play smash with. Maybe we could do this next semester and more schools could show up, whether it be here or elsewhere :).

I've also posted up the results for all to see, both the crew battle and tournament singles results.
http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~smash/events/fall2007/ucnorcal2-results.html

Again, thanks everybody for coming out! I'll post the vids on this thread once I'm done uploading them.

Edit: Oh yeah shoutouts.
UC Davis: I never really got to talk to you guys last time. I'm glad you all showed up again. I'm really bad with names but anybody I talked to, I have to say you are all cool guys (I was the guy in the tux). Keep smashing and hope to see you later :).

UC Berkeley: <3 as always.

Scamp: Dude, you showed up! That was a surprising treat. It was nice seeing you again and thanks for coming all the way out to visit us.

Zoap

Smash Master
dudes who ever seeded this bracket blows big time. First you give the only two byes to people who are right next to each other !?>!? and the byes werent even given to the top 2 seeds. ALSO the positioning(if the 2 people who got byes were really top 2) of the 2 wit byes was like wtf. All I have to say is that this bracket looked whack.

O and good job Dan, dont play in forever and still win who woulda guessed you were good at this game LOL

_glook

We seeded them randomly on tio. We haven't set up the Berkeley ranking system yet (we're getting on that x_x) and we didn't want to delay any longer with seeding stuff. It was free anyway; if it was a paid tournament, we would have taken it more serious (with pools and everything).

But yeah, the brackets blew for the most part but at least the really big matchups were saved until later and besides, we all had a good time and that's what matters the most :p.

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Sorry for not showing up guys. I got an email at about 1am saying that basically everyone except 1 guy bailed, so I didn't feel like it was worth it. I hope nobody was too disgusted having to eat my preference of pizza. Those of you that know me know that I'm not a flaky person so I hope you don't think less of me now :/

ohpistachios

Smash Apprentice
?? weird rumors. the area around the campus might not be THAT nice but the campus itself is awesome.

also, thanks to everyone for coming (and boo to sc for not coming)! things didn't go quite as planned, but it all worked out in the end.

also, paul you have a sweet peach. it really took us by surprise in crews haha.

Snap

Smash Ace
I heard rumors that on the UC Davis campus people run around naked all the time screaming "I love cheetos!"

Edit: yeah, the brackets were kind of strange, but it's all gooood.

demu351

Smash Apprentice
I heard rumors that on the UC Davis campus people run around naked all the time screaming "I love cheetos!"

Edit: yeah, the brackets were kind of strange, but it's all gooood.
yes, and I AM ONE OF THEM!! mwuahha

WassupJB

Smash Lord
dude snap! (it's jason, pierre's friend, i smashed with you a long *** time ago. yo whooped us lol anyway..) i so would have so gone. even if i wouldn't able to enter. being a spectator is cool with me lol. is this going to be a reoccurring thing or am i sh*t out of luck now?

hugQ Cortex

Master
Sorry for not showing up guys. I got an email at about 1am saying that basically everyone except 1 guy bailed, so I didn't feel like it was worth it. I hope nobody was too disgusted having to eat my preference of pizza. Those of you that know me know that I'm not a flaky person so I hope you don't think less of me now :/
Hey Hyuga (I played with you in friendlies at SCC, right?), you're really cool and you should come next time :D

_glook

WWJasonD: Hopefully this won't be the last one. It'll probably be the last one for the semester though.

Hyuga: Well, I suppose if you were going to be only one of two people who were going to show up, it probably wasn't going to be worth it to show up; Merced had the same problem I think a while ago. Hopefully SC can come next time though (whenever that is).

Snap

Smash Ace
dude snap! (it's jason, pierre's friend, i smashed with you a long *** time ago. yo whooped us lol anyway..) i so would have so gone. even if i wouldn't able to enter. being a spectator is cool with me lol. is this going to be a reoccurring thing or am i sh*t out of luck now?
jason barnes? sup

WassupJB

Smash Lord
jason barnes? sup
yeah man. i've been going to sjsu biweeklies and i've been doing a lot of recording else where man. i'm trying to get on some neal sh*t. he's a beast.

thanks glook, i'll look for threads next semester.

hitori

Smash Journeyman
oohs,

is it possible there might be another one of these before the end of the year, or perchance during winter break? o.O

hugQ Cortex

Master
Hey Paul (pink shinobi), your Peach is rapetastic :). I wanted to play you more :( Thanks for coming! Hope to see you again. :D And thanks for all of UCD for coming, you guys are too cool.

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Hey Paul (pink shinobi), your Peach is rapetastic :). I wanted to play you more :( Thanks for coming! Hope to see you again. :D And thanks for all of UCD for coming, you guys are too cool.
Ha ha, thanks. I hope UCB had fun fighting UCD.

Oh, and btw I was skimming through the vids, and I realized that I FORGOT about crew battle rules at least 2 times! :urg: ^^; make sure to tell that bowser player that I didn't mean to do that. I just forgot! ;)

Top Bottom