• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

- U.F.B. Crew Thread - IT'S ALIVE IT'S ALIVE!!!!! "ROLL 'EM UP" DEC. 21

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
I hear the boxes did well today. Good spit from everybody.

I just recently found out that the day I worked Thanksgiving. Yeah, it turns out that WASN'T time and a half, which I originally though it was. It was DOUBLE TIME, SMITCHES, OH YEAH!!!!!!! This week's check is going to be somewhat huskier, so I can begin my Christmas shopping. I got pretty much everybody nailed dow, except my sister. now, what I want to know is how do you figure out what someone wants without giving any hints that you're getting them something? Hmmm......

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I just recently found out that the day I worked Thanksgiving. Yeah, it turns out that WASN'T time and a half, which I originally though it was. It was DOUBLE TIME, SMITCHES, OH YEAH!!!!!!! This week's check is going to be somewhat huskier, so I can begin my Christmas shopping. I got pretty much everybody nailed dow, except my sister. now, what I want to know is how do you figure out what someone wants without giving any hints that you're getting them something? Hmmm......

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
However i heard good things about uncharted.
Uncharted 2 is supposedly really, really good. As soon as I get a PS3, that's the first game I'm gettin. Oh, and Naruto. =X

I hear the boxes did well today. Good spit from everybody.
Yeah, everybody did pretty well, especially Terrence and Xzax. Kenny did well too, esp in mms.

I got 25th. Won vs. SilentBeast (uhhh, I think that's his name, 2-0), lost to DM (0-2), won vs. Remix (2-0), got knocked out by Pride (0-2). Kinda meh, but I lost to good people, so I'm not that upset, I guess.

Oh, and Kenny's definitely got the best TL around here. No offense to Remix, but his TL was nowhere near Kenny's level.

now, what I want to know is how do you figure out what someone wants without giving any hints that you're getting them something? Hmmm......
If you don't already know their tastes, it's impossible. Just ask.

Lolol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, thanks, I didn't notice. -_-

I shouldn't be losing to Yoshis, but in all fairness, Pride's Yoshi is good.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Just remind yourself of the fact that that's the same guy who said Remix was better than KT.

I know it's a long shot, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Were there ANY replays at all

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
He lied. Maybe Remix just doesn't have Pika experience, but his TL wasn't on par with Kenny's from what I saw. He doesn't spam enough, and he zairs really predictably.

No replays.

mib004

Smash Ace
i did good could of did better thou. took seph meta to third round with toon link. "should of took the first round also late comeback with 1 stock and got him to 100%" and Took BSChung DDD to third round.... "mad as hell i lost cause i was up 2 stock and he had 1 stock with DDD at 120% and i couldnt kill him with Metaknight.. i was pissed off cause i could of been 13 or 17 instead of 25... but im def,, getting better................ And Terrence cooked............... his snake has to be one of the best snake's out im convinced after that match with diem.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Yeah, I know he's good. He and DM both got 9th, so it's not like I lost to *** people.

I just need to get better.
:confused: @ counterpicking Frigate Orpheon against a retardedly aggressive MK, like dmbrandon. C'mon, as mod of the Pikachu board, I know you know better than that.

Next time you face friends of mine, I should coach you instead just to be an ***.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
:confused: @ counterpicking Frigate Orpheon against a retardedly aggressive MK, like dmbrandon. C'mon, as mod of the Pikachu board, I know you know better than that.

Next time you face friends of mine, I should coach you instead just to be an ***.
Eh, I was experimenting. He banned my two favorite stages (FD and PS1), and since those are the only two stages that're remotely "CPs" vs. MK, I was pretty much at a loss. I hate most stages with platforms (BF, Lylat, Yoshi's, Brinstar, the first part of Castle Siege....), and I haven't played on RC in like.... 5+ months, so I wasn't comfortable going there. Japes sucks for Pika, and so does Luigi's. Halberd and Delfino would've been bad choices because of his ability to shark, although a lot of Pikas like Halberd for MK. *shrug*

I also didn't know Pictochat was legal, or I would've gone there, but that was my fault for not knowing the stage list.

I usually do well on Frigate, but that match was just.... bad. I pretty much gave up after I somehow missed the second part of my QAC recovery and suicided. (Not that I would've won anyway, but still, I was pissed that I did that.)

tl;dr: I need to l2platform. And just get better, period. Also, when in doubt, just go to ****ing Smashville, lol.

Squall of fame

Smash Cadet
I was freakin upset that the **** c4 missed diem by less than half a fricken frame(from my perspective) that would have really gave me the win for my match. **** so fricken close was just crazy but i should have beaten doom cause he was ****ty.

finally had snake ditto, against ether and prevailed. so far the only snake ditto i lost was against ally but we were only practicing and teaching me how to DI properly.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
OK, so we got MM's floating around like crazy (I didn't forget about Dedede Vs. Pit, Vex), we got Terrence getting training from Ally, nearly taking down big names (Yeah, you should've beat Doom, I beat him in tourney a while ago), we need to keep this up. We got just over a month before Pound, and I want to see EVERYBODY make it to the bracket.....they're doing pools, right?

Also, since weekday training is so scarce, I'll open up my place (for the third time......<_<) Thursday. You have plenty of time to say if you're coming or not, so, uhh, let's go.

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
DJ just let me know about a series of tournaments in Harrisburg, one of which is Smash. There's several others, but no Guitar Hero from what I see.......(-_-) He said the train to Harrisburg is 15 bucks, and we could stay at his house while we're there.

Anyways, I'm sill looking at details, but lemme know what you think.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
The only way to make that tourney worth it would be to place high enough for money. Entry fee is $20, so plus transportation, that's $35, assuming the train pride you listed was for round trip.

I dunno. If good people actually went (which seems unlikely, tbqh, lol), it'd be ~$40 spent for nothing.

Also: what's the ruleset? Funky rules could easily screw us over.

@Vex: Uh huh.... $1? Weak, I'll pass, I want it to be serious. -_-

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
How is that different from any other tournament we enter? We've all come to the realization that we're going home with less money in our pocket. We're only really doing it for experience, and 9 times out of ten, we end up having a good time anyways. I mean, I personally brought it up because I thought we had a shot at winning, doesn't seem like it's gonna get the Smashboards treatment.

Unless, that was just your personal viewpoint on the matter, in which I say "Alrighty then."

The rules, I don't know about, maybe there's way we can find out before we commit to anything.

And $3 money matches are widely considered as "legit."

EDIT: The ruleset is a standard tourney ruleset. In fact, most of the rules look like they were taken from here. The stage list is rather large, so that's all there is to worry about.

Also, for Vex, I see a Melee ruleset too.

Yet another EDIT: I see a ruleset for GH3.........(ecksdee)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, but at most tournies we go to where we don't expect to win, a) the entry fee isn't nearly as high, and b) there's a good amount of pro/semi-pro players for us to practice against/mm/whatever, which makes it somewhat worth it.

I dunno, depends on who's going. If a considerable number of people I don't expect to outplace go (people from this crew included), I'll pass.

And he didn't say $3, he went straight to $1. *shrug*

Top Bottom