• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tyler, TX - POWER RANKINGS UPDATE!!! #disney #minifoxislegendary

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
That's am psy plays now since his Wii died. Also, psy, when you gonna come over and do some brawls with me? And also, I swear to falcon this was you, I was playing on WiFi FFA last night and there was a falcon your colors, spamming punches. I swear it was you. Lol.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Chandra and I are going to WHOBO officially, and there are 3 spots in our Hyundai that are up for grabs. 40 bucks a person covers gas to and from Houston and any auxiliary running we do while in Houston (trips to Galleria, food runs, etc). You as a transportee will be responsible for your own housing and venue/game fees and MM funds once we arrive in H-Town. If interested, let me know via either PM or at Fight Club.

Edit: Spots are filled! Car lineup looks like this:

1.) Rave
2.) Psychoace
3.) Minifox

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
just as a general FYI, the Project M tournament at Fight Club will be run on v. 2.6 ... so if you're bringing a setup for Project M, make sure your SD card is up to date! I will have my laptop with me, and if I have to update your SD card, I will charge a small monetary fee for computer usage.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I had a blast tonight ... definitely had more people up in Rave's apt tonight than for the last Who's Tyler for sure ... what was it ... 12, 13 up in the apartment? We should do that more often if we possibly can ... maybe rotate it around where different people are hosting each week or every couple weeks? Definitely moving up as a smash player too ... took my first game tonight, then proceeded to lose the next two against Mini's bro and that dastardly Pikachu.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
Yeah we're trying to find a more reliably static venue to do like bi-weekly fests.
There just isn't one :(

It was a lot of fun tho
WT5 had 13 entrants so it was about the same lol, but our or tourney today had 9

Shout outs to minifox for being a good sport. I finally got to play you and prove myself :)
You're def a solid player mini, I can't wait to see your oil improve even more!

Shout outs to rave for every game you've ever played being super close like WTF how does that work? You got some habits we need to break down

@psy you just have so much high-quality potential in this game, I hate seeing it not be used.
You have great tech skill and reaction time, we just have to work on adapting and reading a little, and you'll improve a lot

@saix you have def improved a lot. It's like you John and Cody are just grinding off each other and rapidly getting better. Don't stop!

@cody o

@ikeboy you're like actually not bad. Keep practicing man! You have potential to be a solid player!

@mike this game takes time. I think your first big step will be getting a wii/game, and just playing a lot. You need to get completely comfortable with the controls, the physics, playing different characters, everything. Since you're starting at the bottom in smash, playing CPU's will be very good for you, just to familiarize yourself with the opponents move-sets.
Once that's done, tourneys and fests will prove a lot more useful to you.

@laber I should have gone rob :(

@uhhhh. Me good job being #2 in tyler. Still not good enough.

Fests are fun :D

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
Shoutouts to me staying 4th.(forever 4th :'( )
Shout outs to mini for bodying me
Sjouyouts to laber for some intense games. (I almost had both why did i drop the infinite? )
Shoutouts to Jared for wrecking me again with the bat
Shouyouts to water parts in delfino where we just played in the water
Shout outs to saix for improving a lot. I haven't played you since the castle but you have gotten better. (Wolf is to me like Zelda is to Jared)
Shout outs to ikeboy for playing Ike. He's da bess.
Shouyouts to psy, sorry I beat you. I don't like having to any my partner. :/
Shout outs yo Cody for continuing to eat eruptions
Shoutouts to mike for getting better. Once you get your wii you will definitely improve. Just keep at it brother.

I think that's about it. If I missed anyone I'm sorry

Still think I'm the best Zelda evah!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
This is the part where I would normally say something and generally be depressed about coming in dead last, but ya'll are right. I'm just starting out on Brawl, and being able to take a match off of Ikeboy (and generally keep it close and competitive against everyone else save Laber, Ice, and maybe Psycho) while not owning a copy of the game or a Wii in general means that there's something there just waiting to be pulled out, honed, then thrust repeatedly into people across the land. Just imagine how scary I will be when in Brawl when WHOBO rolls around, and how much more scarier I will be post-WHOBO.

I do have a couple more things I'd like to address as well, one of those being a regular schedule of gatherings (which from my understanding is already being worked on). I personally think we should be meeting weekly and doing the round-robins (that's what the traditional Fight Club in DFW does, except they run normal brackets instead) in order to prep for WHOBO. Of course, that is my opinion and I know that more than likely it can't happen (I'm fairly certain that Rave's neighbors were ****ting themselves last night with the noise). Bi-weekly also works for me, as that will let me continue to find work in the meantime while occasionally doing repair work on the side for Longview residents.

Lastly, with four of us set to go to WHOBO in October, I will be dropping the ETFC| from my name for the forseeable future and playing under one of my oldest aliases, DeusExMachina. I have had that tag since I was a teenager in the mid-90s (and most of you were either toddlers, babies, or mere thoughts of your parents). I use a different alias for damn near everything I do, but in the past few years I've tried centralizing everything to little or no success. I will still represent the Fight Club as it's owner and general operator alongside Chandra, but I feel that the two (myself as a Smash player/myself as a TO) should remain independent and separate as to prevent any sort of bias from creeping in.

TL;DR: ETFC still exists (and I still run it), but I will not be using the organization's name for WHOBO entry and future Tyler and regional tournaments. Instead, I'm using a really old nickname which is Latin.

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
You are the link that will have traditional fighters and smash players playing together in harmony. Keep it up mike. We are all rooting for you. And I personally am not happy with my 4th place finish. I felt I could creep up to third at least. Maybe second. So I am a little dissatisfied with my results. But that just means I need to improve my game more. (I've been 4th since Jared picked up mk and mini oli) I was probably right under labernash since Jared was maining puff and yoshi, mini was a pika, and laber was wario. (Rob played mk and falcon still) I want my spot back.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
also, if I get this job guys ... there is a very high chance that Fight Club will go on an indefinite hiatus and the event on September 7th will not occur.

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
If you called the venue already then don't worry about it ill just run everything

People might have already asked of works and stuff

ravemaster47

Smash Ace
NNID
ravemaster47
And I'm sure Addison or someone could help you figure it out too icecream. Also, venue confirmed for the marathon fundraiser.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I haven't heard anything back from the 20+ resumes I've put in, so WHOBO and WT6 are still on. Chandra and I are booked in a Candlewood Suites about 10 minutes away from the venue for WHOBO!

Also, I am looking for a Wii for Brawl. I have a mid-range PCI-Express graphics card (EVGA GeForce GTX 460) that I could part with as a straight trade for a Wii.

I will be out of town at my father-in-law's until the day before Fight Club starting on Friday.

I will update the fight club Facebook event with a suggestion that Oracle made regarding sponsorships.

Also, I will be at WT6 and entering both Brawl and Project M singles ... I WILL BE VICTORIOUS!!!! *cue price is right buzzer*

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
in regards to us not going to WHOBO, I have a somewhat decent chance to land a very serious custom computer system build contract. It'll be a one-of-a-kind design build with the very best of the best in hardware inside.

Fact: the retail price for the system parts I have on their own is in the $6500 range, that doesn't include the watercooling system I plan on setting up if I get awarded the contract, which adds about another $1500 onto the cost due to the parts that would have to be acquired from outside the country, primarily shipping costs from Europe. And for this contract, I would get the entirety of the part money up front and a serious commission at the end of the build cycle that would easily pay for a very nice car. Normally I would tell them to go **** themselves, but this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Also of lesser interest, my grandson is being born the week before, and we will be helping my stepson and his g/f re-adjust to home once they get out of the hospital.

If you guys need a carpool to Denti's tournament though, I'll see what I can do about it. No guarantees because I'm literally swamped with prep work for this project ... Anything this month is out because I'm flat ass broke!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
nearest Megabus station is in Dallas, I was looking that up a few days ago for APEX-related stuff, but I don't know if we (Chandra and I) could do two days straight on a bus to NJ, then be there for the event, then two days back ...

TM_icecream

Smash Ace
DDoS killed our thread because it forced us fully into the facebook group.
This thread will die a long with our scene's history

Thanks Obama.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
DDoS killed our thread because it forced us fully into the facebook group.
This thread will die a long with our scene's history

Thanks Obama.

Granted, It's easier to converse over Facebook ... but I still think the thread should be used.

Anywho, for those remotely interested ... I head back to Longview on Friday to take care of some bills, and I'll be in Naples until the birth of Julian (our grandson), at which point I'll be back for a few weeks. On the proposed date change for the next Fight Club, I am awaiting word from Jeff (co-tournament organizer for the Upper Cut Circuit team, which hosts the Texas Bar Fights series of events in the Dallas - Ft. Worth area) on any possible conflicts with his tournament before I even think of moving the date to December. As soon as I know something in that regard, I'll post to Facebook in the general East Texas group, along with changing the dates for the Facebook event and creating the event thread on here for ETFC IV.

Top Bottom