• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

Teeb147

Smash Legend
If there is affinity, which I doubt because you'd think they'd be surging with ether when that happens (you only see that in their Final Smashes, which shows Affinity as it works in 2 precisely), I suppose it's effect for Pyra would be making all moves even more powerful.
It could be as simple as a meter. Who knows tho, it could show up on them in some way, but we really don't know XD

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
In regards to transforming, I'm probably guessing that to avoid abusing it, there would either be a cooldown period, or the intangible period during the transformation would shrink if you don't stick with a specific character for a certain amount of time.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
It could be as simple as a meter. Who knows tho, it could show up on them in some way, but we really don't know XD
Every character that has a powered up state has it show on their character in some way. The only meter example that doesn't is Little Mac, and that state only affects one move one time.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Every character that has a powered up state has it show on their character in some way. The only meter example that doesn't is Little Mac, and that state only affects one move one time.
Steve has a kind of meter and it doesnt show :p
We could also just not know what changes. but it's just an idea for now anyway.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
People seem to think the hair doesn't match. Thoughts?
Yeah, the hair doesn’t match. Poppi’s is normally blue, while the alt shown here for Mythra is purple.
You do need to take into consideration the stage lighting.
Stage lighting doesn’t make that much of a difference; it’s still pretty easy to tell that the hair is purple.

Last edited:

Garo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Garomasta
3DS FC
3308-4572-3157
That's a really cool alt colour, though my first thought wasn't Poppi but Ryuko Matoi from Kill la Kill.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
My mind for that alt jumps to Malos; it's thematically fitting for Mythra to have an alt based on her fellow Aegis, and that POTD in particular seems to be based on the fight against Malos at the end of Chapter 1.

I.D.

Smash Lord
That looks nothing like Poppi QT Pi. Look how close Mythra and Weltall are side by side.

and here's Poppi from in-game

Yeah that's 200% Weltall. Either that or Sakurai has suddenly started to drop the ball with alt colors. I instantly thought of it when I saw the tweet and didn't even see Poppi until I noticed people talking about it. Now I'm even more excited for the presentation if that's even possible.

Arthur97

Smash Master
Well, we can't really know without confirmation or at least seeing Pyra's coinciding one. If it is though it does not make me excited for the rest of them. I'd rather not have XC2's fighters just referencing other series.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I don't think a fight scene with Pyra is how a QTπ alt would be introduced, considering the Xenoblade 2 PotDs most certainly haven't been "random" up until this point.

Meanwhile:
View attachment 305050View attachment 305049
You actually picked a pretty bad picture since that's a different version of Weltall and the red gear that Pyra would be referencing in Sakurai's pic is almost certainly not that one

Teeb147

Smash Legend
The biggest thing that goes against it being for poppi is the color of the clothes. (blue/purple)

It'd be interesting if it was meant for xenogears, it'd be a nice nod to a classic game, but I dunno if they'd represent the colors of a mech?
I don't even know if sakurai will explain where all the colors are from, but hopefully.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070
Judging by the colour of Mythra in that screenshot. I'm guessing that we'll be getting colours based on the Driver and Blade.

I predict the following wil be:
Colour 2 will be Nia and Dromarch.
Colour 3 will be Tora and Poppi QT Pi.
Colour 4 is going to be Morag and Brighid.
Colour 5 is Zeke and Pandoria.
Colour 6 is Lora and Jin.
Colour 7?... Maybe Rex and Homuri or Catalyst.
Colour 8 I think will probably be based on KOS-MOS and T-elos.

That's just my predictions anyway.

Also, because I play Sonic Robo Blast 2 Kart. I should share this.
1614276873803.png

Sadly, I do not play Rex, I use Yuzuriha and Sakura.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The thing is, if it's a Poppi QTr reference:

1) Why QTr? Poppi Alpha is much more well-know then any of her other forms & is her main form in the story most of the time. (in fact, QTr is completely optional)
2) Why put Pyra, in her default color & Mythra fighting on Spear Pilliar? Isn't a bit random to show a alt that is referencing a party member like Tora & his blade?
3) Why is all the crystal on Mythra body pure red? Poppi in all of her forms have orange crystal/lines, which if they were referencing, surely it wouldn't be hard at all.
4) Would Sakurai & Monolith really allow such blatant errors like this? Like yeah, we can show exemples of alt that mean nothing on other characters, but all of Shulk alt reference a party member to the teeths (beside of course his swimsuit alt), they even changed the hair colors for each alt in Ultimate. Meaning they wanted to reinforce the references even further they already did.

Idk, I just can't buy that it's Poppi atm. Plus Weltall is kind of a big deal to the story of Xenogear, as it's the mecha of the main character. So it's not like they picked a random mech to reference.

I will say it's definitly a obscure reference if that's the case, but hey, I kinda dig that tbh. Especially since XB2 as alot of similar elements to Xenogear in place.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I don't like that the obscure reference probably cost something else. Means we'll probably lose two potential XC2 references at least to Xenogears. Yay.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't like that the obscure reference probably cost something else. Means we'll probably lose two potential XC2 references at least to Xenogears. Yay.
You do know it's thanks to Gear that Xenoblade exist, right ?

Plus we still got 6/12 alts for references, no need to be so pessimistic.

I.D.

Smash Lord
4) Would Sakurai & Monolith really allow such blatant errors like this? Like yeah, we can show exemples of alt that mean nothing on other characters, but all of Shulk alt reference a party member to the teeths (beside of course his swimsuit alt), they even changed the hair colors for each alt in Ultimate. Meaning they wanted to reinforce the references even further they already did.
I can answer that question. The answer is no:

shulk alts.jpg

Shulk's alt colors are completely spot on for his party members. If that's really supposed to be Poppi then that's an unusual degree of oversight on Sakurai's part, considering the hair doesn't really match, the clothes don't really match and there are key colors missing (most notably orange).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I can answer that question. The answer is no:

View attachment 305093

Shulk's alt colors are completely spot on for his party members. If that's really supposed to be Poppi then that's an unusual degree of oversight on Sakurai's part, considering the hair doesn't really match, the clothes don't really match and there are key colors missing (most notably orange).
Yeah, that's what I been saying. There's just too many details that are "off" for it to be based off Poppi.

I won't say it's 100% sure right now, but i'm definitly on camp Weltall atm.

God, this presentation need to come sooner.

Arthur97

Smash Master
You do know it's thanks to Gear that Xenoblade exist, right ?

Plus we still got 6/12 alts for references, no need to be so pessimistic.
Doesn't mean they should get 2/7 alts dedicated to them (assuming the very likely KOS-MOS happens). As I said in the other thread, you could still dedicate all 7 alts to XC2 and still have to make cuts. And if they're going this obscure, there may be more. Worst case being them all based on Gears/Saga. Plus, this seemingly makes an actual Poppi one far less likely due to similar color schemes. This one is already close to T-elos, so odds are that one goes to Pyra if they do it, and unless they want some really similar ones, may not happen.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Doesn't mean they should get 2/7 alts dedicated to them (assuming the very likely KOS-MOS happens). As I said in the other thread, you could still dedicate all 7 alts to XC2 and still have to make cuts. And if they're going this obscure, there may be more. Worst case being them all based on Gears/Saga. Plus, this seemingly makes an actual Poppi one far less likely due to similar color schemes. This one is already close to T-elos, so odds are that one goes to Pyra if they do it, and unless they want some really similar ones, may not happen.
You say that as if alt looking too similar ot each other don't exist.
058.gif

There's still places for all party member to be referenced with color alt & leave some room for other stuff. (especially if they don't count one aka Vandham/Roc in it) There's like 5 characters and one is already done with Pyra/Mythra default color, so it's like 4 party members & their blades to reference to.

I doubt all other alt will reference Xenogears/Saga too, this one is probably the only one with Pyra equivalent to reference Xenogear, and if we got a duo alt referencing Saga, it probably will be the only one ref that Xenosaga. (and that's if they don't make KOS-MOS a Mii costume, or make it a KOS-MOS/Shion duo alt to make it look more distinct.)

All to say is, they can still show their love for 2 & throw a bone to other Xeno fans. XB2 isn't the only game that matter, Monolith love their fans, old & news and Sakurai love pleasing the fans, so I say you shouldn't be too negative if we do get more alts like this. It's atleast alot better than other characters who get alt that mean jack & don't even look distinct from each other. (Hi Sonic!)

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Besides, Xenoblade is first-party owned, so Ninty doesn't have to answer to anyone's restrictions for any of Pyra and Mythra's alts (besides the limit of total palette swaps/alts imposed by the game's short 3-year development).

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't think a alt color for a character in a fighting game is going to get Nintendo sue or whatever by Square Enix anyway, especially since Mythra & Weltall look obviously very different, and Monolith already referenced Xenogears characters with alternate colors in the XB2 DLC. Zeke & Bart being the most obvious exemple since the former is a expy of the later in alot of way.

Last edited:
Top Bottom