• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Two Sides of the Same Aegis: The Pyra & Mythra Social thread

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I also wanted to ask y'all why you think Rex was put in the background for this fighter pack?
Basically, every Mii costume of a character that isn't previously playable seems to be a consolation prize until the following game or so and Sak seemed genuinely regretful of Rex missing out on the base roster for timing reasons, so he went after the other protagonists of XB2 instead.

Last edited:

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I have a feeling Sakurai will probably explain why Rex isn't in, in some snarky way, in the presentation.
I'm moreso looking forward to hearing what he'll probably say about the outfit edits.

"Mythra is coming with the modified outfit her spirit came with, to comply to CERO's regulations. As for Pyra, I've added some pantyhose to cover up her skin, but dedicated players will still be rewarded if they look at them closely."

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Basically, every Mii costume of a character that isn't previously playable seems to be a consolation prize until the following game or so and Sak seemed genuinely regretful of Rex missing out on the base roster for timing reasons, so he went after the other protagonists of XB2 instead.
Hmm. I honestly think Pyra and Mythra were chosen based on their own merits over Rex. If Sakurai really wanted to include Rex I don't think he would let a Mii Costume stop him.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Hmm. I honestly think Pyra and Mythra were chosen based on their own merits over Rex. If Sakurai really wanted to include Rex I don't think he would let a Mii Costume stop him.
Well, the thing is, in this case it was a bonus bundled with the first FP. It would be awkward to essentially sell the same character twice in such circumstances (and the girls happened to have more potential anyway). This might be why we got a generic character for FP2's bonus bundled Mii costume.

His logic most likely doesn't really match with many of ours, so it is what it is. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Nartic

Smash Cadet
I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't choose Gormott for the stage.
It's a beautiful place, but it might have looked similar to Gaur Plain in terms of stage aesthetics.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'm moreso looking forward to hearing what he'll probably say about the outfit edits.

"Mythra is coming with the modified outfit her spirit came with, to comply to CERO's regulations. As for Pyra, I've added some pantyhose to cover up her skin, but dedicated players will still be rewarded if they look at them closely."
You know, it is rather interesting that Pyra didn't get the same degree of censoring as Mythra.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I also wanted to ask y'all why you think Rex was put in the background for this fighter pack?
I'm not Sakurai and I don't know what he's thinking. But I'm 100% sure Rex would have always come with Pyra and Mythra anyway and there was no chance of him coming alone. If Sakurai didn't want to (or couldn't) implement a complex duo fighter (because xenoblade 2's battle system is admittedly quite complex) then Rex had to be the one that gets relegated to supporting and cheering for his girls.

Last edited:

EODM07

Smash Hero
NNID
EODM07
3DS FC
3823-9238-9070

They know that despite how they're censoring Pyra & Mythra... To quote Chuggaaconroy and some other fans, they're only making them look hotter. lol

And hey, I bring more art.

1613775418277.png

86591151_p0_master1200.jpg

Speaking of which, finally got Xenoblade 2 back up after several weeks of not playing it. Generally just New Game + stuff and getting all of the Side Quests stuff done and getting every single Blade. Kind of a slog to get through, but at least I have other stuff to pass the time from not playing Xenoblade 2... Like labbing stuff in BBTAG. :V

Also, usually on the Zelda Social, I'd share some random yuri I find on say Pixiv. I was planning on not going to here... But then I remember we have a lesbian Blade in Xenoblade 2. :V

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Was anyone else absolutely floored by the voice work in the trailer, because I was!

Although I never had any doubts, it still really warms my heart to see Al Weaver, Skye Bennett & Sean Barrett reprised their respective characters & bring out their personalities in full force!

Last edited:

Nartic

Smash Cadet
Was anyone else absolutely floored by the voice work in the trailer, because I was!

Although I never had any doubts, it still really warms my heart to see Al Weaver, Skye Bennett & Sean Barrett reprised their respective characters & bring out their personalities in full force!
In my opinion, Al's VO skill seems to have improved more than a few years ago.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Isn't it kind of funny how Pyra and Mythra kind of have the same dynamic as Ryu & Ken do here, but color-inverted?

Now I wanna imagine the back-and forth trash-talk Mythra and Ken would give each other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I rewatched the trailer and I think the enemies Pythra went up against in the CG part may have been a reference to Torna. Dark Pit = Mikhail because he’s the closest thing to a crow, Link = Akhos since he has a bow, and ZSS = Patroka because they’re both girls with heeled footwear I guess? The last one is a bit more flimsy though; they could’ve gone for female Byleth but maybe he didn’t want to use alt costumes or DLC characters for it. I apologize if this has been brought up before I haven’t read the whole thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai mentioned that the japanese CERO (the ones who do the age recommendation) have a problem with short skirts. Thats probably the reason.
I do have a feeling Sakurai will being up the redesigns in his presentation, and blaim cero for them as well

A new day, a new fanart celebrating their inclusion from an artist i follow, Gash Gashi

And another fanart from an artist i follow

Last edited:

Starlight Liger

Smash Journeyman
I also wanted to stop by and say I was happy for you all! They weren't my first choice, but I can't deny that they look fun to play! I'm mostly just sad I haven't gotten a chance to play XB2 yet. I'm trying to get into XB on the Wii first, but the length has been a bit daunting to me. I intend to finish it eventually though!
I assume you already play Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch. If so, just go ahead and purchase Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Definitive Edition is the best version of Xenoblade Chronicles, it's HD with some needed quality of life improvements and an additional epilogue.

The weapon that Pyra/Mythra are using is the weapon that Rex wields in the game. Pyra/Mythra were likely added as standalone characters because Mythra is playable in the prequel story, Torna - The Golden Country. A prequel/DLC for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 that's set years before Rex was born.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think Sakurai mentioned that the japanese CERO (the ones who do the age recommendation) have a problem with short skirts. Thats probably the reason.
I understand the reasoning for Mythra's censoring (and it does make her look cooler as a result), but for Pyra, she doesn't look all that censored when you think about it.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I assume you already play Super Smash Bros Ultimate on the Nintendo Switch. If so, just go ahead and purchase Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Definitive Edition is the best version of Xenoblade Chronicles, it's HD with some needed quality of life improvements and an additional epilogue.
If only I had that much money lying around. :p

I mean I'd LIKE to get Xenoblade HD, but it's not really practicable at the moment. I'd prefer to play with the copy I have you know? Otherwise I feel like I wasted the money.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I watched a lot of reaction videos. and it's interesting the different ones, some guessed pretty early it was for smash, and some just had no clue, those were the funnier ones :p
I had no clue myself until we saw Pyra alone, but still was just a hope, .. and then bam :D

When will Pyra and Mythra be presented? Will they be presented in late February or early March?
We don't know until nintendo tells us. Would like it soon, ideally.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
I understand the reasoning for Mythra's censoring (and it does make her look cooler as a result), but for Pyra, she doesn't look all that censored when you think about it.
Pyra already had more to wear than Mythra, so she most likely didn't get much scrutiny as a result.

Evidently, the same scrutiny didn't apply to animal folk, if the Krystal AT is any indication...

I watched a lot of reaction videos. and it's interesting the different ones, some guessed pretty early it was for smash, and some just had no clue, those were the funnier ones :p
I had no clue myself until we saw Pyra alone, but still was just a hope, .. and then bam :D
I briefly thought we were getting another XB2 expansion, I started to notice how much the location Rex ended up at resembled Final Destination, but hadn't exactly paid it much mind. Then that envelope got flashed.

Should have known that the "not actual gameplay footage" disclaimer meant something yet again.

Panties is more specifically what triggers them. I recall that even Wonder Pink's trophy was ordred to be looked up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom