• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Still don't know if I will pay a lot of attention to Emerald, but I do want to see how long it would take to do the Rayquaza bike maze without Democracy.
Come to think of it, how could we do that period? The puzzle relies on building up momentum and not losing it, and single-button presses won't work with that.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
They also won't work for things like side-hopping with the Acro Bike, or even using the running shoes. Granted it's still possible to play through the main game, just not explore absolutely everywhere unless they alter some of the areas (Granite Cave also has those breakable tiles).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, my assumption is that it won't be an issue since I doubt we'll end up exploring everything anyway, but I do wonder if we'll get some sort of solution to that in getting a solution for the mandatory quest.

It's also going to be a huge pain doing the 8th gym. Possible, but it'll take forever in anarchy.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yeah, my assumption is that it won't be an issue since I doubt we'll end up exploring everything anyway, but I do wonder if we'll get some sort of solution to that in getting a solution for the mandatory quest.

It's also going to be a huge pain doing the 8th gym. Possible, but it'll take forever in anarchy.
I wouldn't say, the only democracy used part in the Ice Path, was the strength boulder part, everything else, went fast in Anarchy even, I don't think it will be that hard for them. I'm more excited to see the breaking tile puzzles the most.

Anyways, one of the best moments of struggle in the first TPP, was we glitched in to that unescapable area of the Mansion. Too bad, we will probably not see a bug like that again...

Edit: They're playing Mother 3, one of the best games I've ever played... Now lets look at these name choices...

oh.... oh dear....

Last edited:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I laughed pretty hard at Lucas being renamed as what can only be read as AAAAAH ****KKK.

And having 4 omelettes as a favorite food.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I laughed pretty hard at Lucas being renamed as what can only be read as AAAAAH ****KKK.

And having 4 omelettes as a favorite food.
You mean 4 Omelettes and &...

Also, At the church we put our name as KKKKKKAPPKKKK

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I wouldn't say, the only democracy used part in the Ice Path, was the strength boulder part, everything else, went fast in Anarchy even, I don't think it will be that hard for them. I'm more excited to see the breaking tile puzzles the most.
You remember what the eighth gym puzzle is, though, right? It's not just an ice sliding puzzle; it's a bunch of ice tiles, and you have to step on each one of them once to access the staircase to the next level. And if you step on any one of them twice, you fall down and have to start all over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b67y24r6w4

The rocks will certainly aid to some degree and stop potential incorrect directions, but I still think it's safe to say it'll take us a while.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
...the number of times they've managed to soft reset the game and pick May...is all sorts of astounding to me right now.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
You remember what the eighth gym puzzle is, though, right? It's not just an ice sliding puzzle; it's a bunch of ice tiles, and you have to step on each one of them once to access the staircase to the next level. And if you step on any one of them twice, you fall down and have to start all over.
I think there's a bigger issue.
Remember? You have to step on them in a certain pattern.
That'll be fun.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think there's a bigger issue.
Remember? You have to step on them in a certain pattern.
That'll be fun.
Well, the reason you have to step on them in a specific pattern is so you don't step on any twice.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Well, the reason you have to step on them in a specific pattern is so you don't step on any twice.
Not exactly.
Remember, you have to not only step on them, it has to be where you can get to the next path.
And there's the big issue.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Not exactly.
Remember, you have to not only step on them, it has to be where you can get to the next path.
And there's the big issue.
Well yes, but again, that's sort of included in the whole "not stepping on any twice" thing. Because otherwise you wouldn't be able to get to the next level without stepping on one twice.

I get what you're trying to clarify, but I do remember the puzzle of the eighth gym well, I just figured my statement was enough to distinguish between what it actually is vs. a sliding puzzle.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I get what you're trying to clarify, but I do remember the puzzle of the eighth gym well, I just figured my statement was enough to distinguish between what it actually is vs. a sliding puzzle.
I do too.
Mostly cause of that Kingdra.
Oh how I hate that Kingdra.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
So, we picked the female trainer, also named A, and our team at the moment is a Hyperbeam surskit, Skitty, and Marill (Oh the irony). I really like the idea that it's the same A from Emerald, but has to do TPP all over again because she broke the game during the 3 day cycle at the E4.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I still can't believe our starter ended up with Truant of all the abilities out there.

Edit: Just saw Aleate's post lol, dunno how that happened.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

So my take on the lore is that Emerald (As their was no specific lore link to the other TPP playthroughs) took place before Red version. So, Firered and Red are happening at the same time.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Why is TPP so dead now. ;-;
It gotten rather repetitive, I've stopped watching after the Firered randomizer ended, and the news I was getting about Platinum wasn't very appealing. Personally my favorite of the streams was of Crystal.

Is the stream still doing stuff, last I heard they beat X already. What is the stream doing now?

3DS FC
0877-1432-5636
It gotten rather repetitive, I've stopped watching after the Firered randomizer ended, and the news I was getting about Platinum wasn't very appealing. Personally my favorite of the streams was of Crystal.

Is the stream still doing stuff, last I heard they beat X already. What is the stream doing now?
To be honest I haven`t kept up. I just miss all the memes and hype that surrounded it. Haha. But fair point.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
To be honest I haven`t kept up. I just miss all the memes and hype that surrounded it. Haha. But fair point.
I miss it too, but it lost some of the novelty once multiple games had been beaten. I also think it got less entertaining as fewer and fewer people were a part of it. I just don't think it's one of those things that can maintain all of the energy and hype and it's a one-time fun thing.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I miss it too, but it lost some of the novelty once multiple games had been beaten. I also think it got less entertaining as fewer and fewer people were a part of it. I just don't think it's one of those things that can maintain all of the energy and hype and it's a one-time fun thing.
Yeah, plus it was split between people who didn't want it to change, and others who were trying to make things different for the sake of being different. The same things kept happening, praise arbitrary item while arguing if that or Helix is better. any female gym leader was treated like Misty and Whitney, Find one OP pokemon, to rely on and praise until we get a team that we train and don't release. Chat is filled with spam, malicious links, twitch faces, trolls, bots and TPP haters. It became mundane and repetitive, sadly. At least the memories were nice

Anyways I was on the Facebook page of it, and it's mostly random pokemon memes, so I'm unsure if a stream is going on, or if they're planning the Hoenn remakes.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Honestly, the problem is that they milked it. I wonder what would have happened if say they took a month break. That's what I would have done in their shoes. It makes sense short term to keep it going because of the insane view count and if you don't do it, somebody else will, but I think that risk was worth taking to avoid repetition and wear.

Perhaps they should just revive it annually.

Top Bottom