• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
We're going to have to be pretty high-leveled to get through Route 29 without dying, honestly, with how much difficulty we're having with the ledges.

(The worst part is, we're going to have to do it all over again...)

finalark

SNORLAX
I just started watching the Crystal Stream. It looks like they're trying to get to the first gym, and have four mons right now. Although my memory of Pokemon 2's towns and map isn't exactly the best, so I might be wrong.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
We're going to have to be pretty high-leveled to get through Route 29 without dying, honestly, with how much difficulty we're having with the ledges.

(The worst part is, we're going to have to do it all over again...)
That's nothing compared to the ice path. Seriously, it was the single most challenging thing for me in any Pokemon game I've ever played (other than IV breeding in Gen 4) and I honestly don't see how that's going to get done without (possibly forced) democracy. I think anarchy is more fun, but for the Route 29 ledges and Ice Path there should be democracy or I don't see things going anywhere. Perhaps there could be a 3 day limit, if a challenge is not overcome in 3 days (36 hours exactly) then there could be democracy just for that challenge and then back to anarchy after.

Though, do note, I'm pretty certain you have Fly by the time you get to Route 29 so it would suck if they messed up, but if enough people try to fly back to Blackthorn it can be done without that much worry.

Also, I'm kind of curious. I wonder how many of those viewers are just watching and not participating? Is there any way to get an accurate count of how many are actually trying to play at the same time? I'm just watching but not actually participating, so I know I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yeah they never taught Bird Jesus fly in Gen 1 so I doubt they gonna teach one of the bird pokemon fly this gen.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
People need to let Totodile evolve already. We ain't Ash Ketchum.
I would feel better about the whole "Don't evolve Totodile" movement if I could discern any reason for it. But from what I can tell, it's another one of these weird, borderline-religious groups that have arisen out of this whole thing, for no other reason than they want to form a group like that.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
The issue with the whole thing is that it only takes 1 b, even if there's 1000 other people putting in something different. Not a good scenario. Honestly at this point Totodile may only evolve if it's during a democracy (as it takes less time to evolve than to make a decision then).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The issue with the whole thing is that it only takes 1 b, even if there's 1000 other people putting in something different. Not a good scenario. Honestly at this point Totodile may only evolve if it's during a democracy (as it takes less time to evolve than to make a decision then).
Yeah. Unfortunately, with how easy it is to overturn democracy now, the only way we're likely to be able to pull that off is if it hits the top of the hour while we're in the middle of a battle in which Totodile will evolve.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Hi rattata is top percentage, so he'll surely be worshiped. I can see the Pokegear as a whole being the thing everyone worships. Too bad there aren't any fossils in gen 2... There's no true challenging part, in gen 2, also. Since there's no area like the Rocket HQ or Route 9 in Johto.
I'm pretty sure Route 45 is gonna be a pain to watch lol. It's pretty much a one way trip route. If you jump the wrong ledge you have to start over in Blackthorn... but that requires using Fly, which I'm not sure if they will even teach to any of the pokemon.

I watched a bit here and there of this at first. When I heard they actually made it to the Elite Four I tried to watch it some more. It really is an interesting concept, wish I thought of it lol.
Also All Terrain Venomoth is my favorite. He is the dragonslayer.

I have been watching alot of the Crystal run. I don't much like the new Anarchy/Democracy system. I didn't really like the old one either, but this one is way worse. What's the point of Democracy every hour if it is going to be banished in 15 seconds? Should do like forced Democracy hours every 3 hours or something. Honestly though I'd really just like to see them capture more pokemon, but they never buy pokeballs. Also poor Lazergator should be allowed to evolve. Really fun concept though, and I love all the art that's coming as a result of it.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
<Pidgey is battling>
Clefairy used Metronome!
Clefairy used ZAP CANNON!
IT'S SUPER EFFECTIVE!

-ohko-
Did that actually just happen, that's just hilarious, now I can't wait to see how bad Whitney's Miltank will be with this bad luck.

Anyways, for just one day, they sure have made some progress. I wouldn't be surprised if Crystal is beaten under 2 weeks.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can we get a Espeon or Umbreon please that's all I'm hoping for.

Also I know this is late but.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
They already beat her, they beat her in the same battle as the Zap Cannon craziness.

After Pidgey fainted they sent out Lazergator who basically laid the smack down on Clefairy and Miltank was apparently too drunk on milk to fight well. Rollout kept missing after 1-2 hits and it never used Attract and only used Milk Drink once.

They also already got the badge (you don't get it immediately, you have to leave till she's off screen then go back to her to get your badge) and renamed Addie to AJS VV. But yeah, Addie's no longer Addie :/

Last edited:

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
WTF I MISSED THAT 0___0. HOW THE HECK THEY DO THAT????? ITS FREAKING WHITNEY 0_0

Sorry for double posting but poor Totodile...dude really needs to evolve :/

Last edited by a moderator:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The trolliest of the of the watchers keep pressing "b", that's the big issue, now there's a cult for not letting it evolve it will probably never happen now, sadly.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Cause they afraid if Totodile(Lazorgator) evolves then it will body everybody on some Hulk type stuff. Not letting it evolve is keeping it's rage at bay.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Yes, hasn't hatched yet though. They're on the route right before National Park at the moment (though about to white out I believe, all Pokemon have fainted besides Lazer and Oxy Ozz)

Last edited:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
In the future, rather than apologizing for double posts, it's better to just edit your previous one. :)

Hey, it could be worse, we could of lost leer! :awesome: Yea, that sucks since Toto is very physical.
Well, with 2nd gen's mechanics (i.e. before the physical/special split in 4th gen), Bite falls under a special move anyway. Still, it would've been a valuable asset against Morty. Between the hell the gym itself is going to be (tell me how we're going to get through that without democracy) and how annoying Morty himself can get, we really need all the help we can get there.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
His true power is slowly becoming a reality. Now I wait till lvl 30 till he evolves into the perfect gator.

Top Bottom