• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twitch Plays Pokemon

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Psychic trainer: "I'm going to read your mind!"

>ABBBAAABBBAstartABABABAAAAleftABBAupBABBAleftdownupleftdownABAAAAABABABdownABABA

".... I misread you!"

Edit 4 hours later: Second egg just hatched. It's Smoochum.
Edit: Moves are Pound, Lick, and Dizzy Punch

Edit an hour after last edit: They caught a Hoothoot, didn't nickname it. And caught a second one right after... also without a name. It got sent to the PC though.

Edit: They got Eevee, and as with the others, it's unnamed XD

Edit: LOL, They started a Bug catching contest, took 3 steps, opened the menu and ended the contest immediately

Edit: They catch a Koffing... and name it WWWEEE

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Psychic trainer: "I'm going to read your mind!"

>ABBBAAABBBAstartABABABAAAAleftABBAupBABBAleftdownupleftdownABAAAAABABABdownABABA

".... I misread you!"

Edit 4 hours later: Second egg just hatched. It's Smoochum.
Edit: Moves are Pound, Lick, and Dizzy Punch

Edit an hour after last edit: They caught a Hoothoot, didn't nickname it. And caught a second one right after... also without a name. It got sent to the PC though.

Edit: They got Eevee, and as with the others, it's unnamed XD

Edit: LOL, They started a Bug catching contest, took 3 steps, opened the menu and ended the contest immediately

Edit: They catch a Koffing... and name it WWWEEE
I bet that Koffing is a Wrestler. :rolleyes:

Also recently LazorGator became it's final form, finally.

Eevee will most likely evolve into Espeon, I don't expect it to be night that often.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
This is such a bad team lol. How the heck they gonna beat this game? lol
In fairness, I think they had an iffy team for a lot of Red and managed to pull through and make a really solid team by the end, so it may yet be fixed. Also, if Feraligatr is grinded up enough, I think he's capable of sweeping the entire game just in and of himself.

Also, we actually got through Ecruteak Gym (through convenient timing of democracy and managing to work together). But now all we have left is Eevee against him. Feraligatr was already paralyzed from a trainer in the gym, Gastly got a Curse in (which is basically a death sentence if you don't switch out), and then if we weren't doing badly enough, we tried to throw a ball at Haunter. It was actually pretty amusing, although I expect we'll be at trying to get through the gym for the next half an hour before democracy comes back.

Reader

Smash Apprentice
"It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried." - Winston Churchill

Just thought that this is a very fitting quote for our situation.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Kinda surprised at how quickly the game is going. Was working on the computer with the stream in another tab, and in about 3 hours they beat Morty's Gym and met Jasmine in the Lighthouse.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Lot's of trolls are spamming Release The Gator, right now and it's getting rather annoying. It will probably never stop....
We beat Chuck and we're back in Olivine...

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Lot's of trolls are spamming Release The Gator, right now and it's getting rather annoying. It will probably never stop....
The huge irony is that people are so intent on releasing Feraligatr for the sake of the stream and its viewers, but it seems like the larger the movement grows, the more we get stuck in Poke Centers doing nothing and, I hypothesize, it's why we keep losing more and more viewers on the stream.

DragonRob20

Smash Apprentice
If they release the gator I give up on the twitch. They will not finish the game without the Lazor

Sorry for double posting but they just released Prince Omlette :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
All behold the gator lord. He is biding his time and waiting in the back lines for the ultimate battle.

Last edited:

patar4097

Smash Rookie
I missed the entire first run of this, but this is pretty entertaining. We are stuck in the ice gym, and it's been a few hours. Democracy mode (which I still think ruins it) keeps getting shut down before we can do anything. Too bad Prince Omelette the Togepi got released. :(

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
If Democracy mode keeps getting shut down then I might actually start watching this stream again.

Democracy has ruined pretty much everything that I found entertaining about it, and every time I try to go back and watch I see them accomplishing some stupid, mundane task with Democracy. It's just sickening to me. It was never the point.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
The lore is coming along though the forced Democracy I'm kinda torn on and not enjoying it most of the time.

Last edited:

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I honestly do not get why the creator changed the system for democracy vs. anarchy. I don't think the new system has made anything better for anyone (except anyone who just wants to see the game play out in democracy alone). In Red, if we were trying to accomplish something that was legitimately impossible/very hard to do without democracy, majority rule would step in and democracy could take over, and anarchy was really dominant any other time. With the new system, borderline impossible situations to resolve without it (e.g. Morty's gym) require lots of stalling until the top of the hour, and then if the votes get desynced enough, anarchy takes over and more stalling has to take place. And then we end up in situations that don't need democracy, but if there are enough people voting in sync and not voting for anarchy, it remains for an unnecessary amount of time for something that doesn't even need democracy.

The whole reason democracy was implemented is that there are situations in the game that cannot be navigated without some amount of precision. Essentially, as a last resort for those particular situations. The new system makes democracy an inevitability. And though I still am keeping tabs on the stream, it's been a lot less fun to watch it when people use democracy just because it's there.

I strongly believe that democracy is necessary to some extent within TPP, but I wholeheartedly hope this system is changed, either within Crystal, or afterward, if the creator still plans to carry forward. (I haven't heard confirmation about a Gen III TPP yet; if anyone else has, let me know.)

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
One thing I noticed is LazorGator, Brian, and Burrito were hated a lot, before. Brian being hated because of being similar to BirdJesus, Burrito being feared for the chance becoming the return of the false prophet, and LazorGator with being threatened to be released because of his power. The three now define this run of TPP, with it being a aspiring tale of 3 unwanted, but deserved heroes, on a quest to destroy the barrier between the Helix and the Dome by slaying what is considered to be gods, Red's team in the first TPP, creating their own legacy...

Also trying to get into the Ice Path is ridiculous with the ledge right outside, it's like the Viridian Gym all over again...

Edit: Here's a bunch of pics to go with the lore.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
It's the Breakfast Burrito, everyone! Too bad it missed out on Psybeam...

We spent over 18 hours in that god forsaken Ice Path, all because of that strength-boulder puzzle... I'm just glad we're finally in Blackthorne.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
I'm late with this but I will post it anyway cause it's lore related from days 1-3.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
With the new system, borderline impossible situations to resolve without it (e.g. Morty's gym)
Interestingly enough, this isn't actually a borderline impossible situation. I know someone posted a picture on the subreddit with the map drawn out and the odds shown (1/1 billion), but his calculation was actually very wrong, and the odds weren't nearly that against us. People are just hung up on the happenings of The Ledge in TPP Red.

Rutger actually mentioned the reason why this calculation is wrong on the very first page, though not directly. Gen 2 was the introduction of the player's ability to press a direction to change facing without actually moving. Thus, in order for us to fall off of any non-corner area of Morty's gym, it would require two consecutive commands of the same direction to fall on-frame. This isn't a very likely thing all things considered, as evidenced by Anarchists' attempts to make it through where Democracy trolls kept spamming down to force Democracy to save the day. When progress was actually made, it often went farther than just the first corner. The direction changes were actually helping to keep us from falling off the ledge immediately (as well as the people who were either pressing Start to troll or because they knew Start buffering was actually a thing).

This change in movement is also one of the reasons why LazrGatr got so overleveled. The amount of encounters while running around patches of grass probably jumped by about 1.5x compared to the amount they had in TPP Red.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Yes, this happened, and it's ******* hilarious!

Also we got a dratini, which is our waterfall user. Also known as KT, or Katie. It has the exp. share so it should be a valuable asset to the team.

Also we're testing a weird new system. It's kind of a balance of Anarchy and Democracy, Old Amber, if you will.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Interestingly enough, this isn't actually a borderline impossible situation. I know someone posted a picture on the subreddit with the map drawn out and the odds shown (1/1 billion), but his calculation was actually very wrong, and the odds weren't nearly that against us. People are just hung up on the happenings of The Ledge in TPP Red.

Rutger actually mentioned the reason why this calculation is wrong on the very first page, though not directly. Gen 2 was the introduction of the player's ability to press a direction to change facing without actually moving. Thus, in order for us to fall off of any non-corner area of Morty's gym, it would require two consecutive commands of the same direction to fall on-frame. This isn't a very likely thing all things considered, as evidenced by Anarchists' attempts to make it through where Democracy trolls kept spamming down to force Democracy to save the day. When progress was actually made, it often went farther than just the first corner. The direction changes were actually helping to keep us from falling off the ledge immediately (as well as the people who were either pressing Start to troll or because they knew Start buffering was actually a thing).

This change in movement is also one of the reasons why LazrGatr got so overleveled. The amount of encounters while running around patches of grass probably jumped by about 1.5x compared to the amount they had in TPP Red.
I'm sure the odds are not that bad, you're right that there are ways to buffer it, but the problem is that one chain of the same wrong command resets the entire thing, and because there are people for democracy or just trolling in general, I think that's at least a little more likely than you're giving credit for. Could we have pulled it off in anarchy? I'm sure we could have, but it would've taken ages, particularly since we would've had to do it twice since we lost to Morty the first time. I believe anarchy can accomplish a lot of things, but I was never convinced that it would've been able to pull that off in any reasonable span of time.

I would be interested to see anarchy resolve it, and the thrill of getting through it via anarchy would have been overwhelmingly amazing, but I think the difficulty of it was high enough that it's one of the situations that justified democracy. Though I'd probably take an anarchy-only system and be forced to do it in anarchy over the system we do have, because I'm rather sick of the "Let's wait ten minutes so we can use democracy to talk to Clair" school of thought.

Not sure how to feel about the new sytem, to be honest. I'm still really confused as to how it's working and why it was changed to this in particular. I'm seriously starting to wonder if the different systems of "government" are a big part of this whole social experiment the guy is running. Or maybe he's just trying to appease the people who have lost interest due to the flaws of the previous system.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Gen 1 was loads of fun. I was inspired to teach the sociological importance of TPP to various high school classes I subbed for. Kids caught wind, spread the word, and in later periods would ask if we could talk about Pokémon! I even convinced one teacher of its worth and she allowed me to show the stream and discuss POKéMON the following week, deeming it applicable to her humanities class. The students were genuinely excited about what this represented for mankind and it led to loads of great discussions about the universe and our seat therein.

I burned out though and haven't been paying attention to Gen 2. I know they have a Feraligatr and instead of religious motifs, have settled for militaristic lore. This is interesting.

I was hoping they'd resurrect Flareon because what better way could they tie into the lore of Gen 1, and with such a divisive subject? Besides hacking and fighting TPP Red at Mt. Silver, It'd be substantial.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Espeon sweeping the Elite Four was epic... That Physic is just too powerful. Espeon is definitely MVP.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
That was one of my favorite parts of Gen 2. My Espeon literally destroyed -everything- and I never could understand why Umbreon was the only one who could stand up to it, along with other Dark types. I was young, and I was proud.

Gamegenie222

NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Can someone give me a summary of what happened?
I didn't follow it.
At the Elite 4 Espeon and Ferligator bodied the Elite 4 majority by themselves.

And in other news we got all 8 Kanto badges and now at Mount Silver and got to Red and got bopped by him with Zapdos leading the pack sweeping us.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
At the Elite 4 Espeon and Ferligator bodied the Elite 4 majority by themselves.

And in other news we got all 8 Kanto badges and now at Mount Silver and got to Red and got bopped by him with Zapdos leading the pack sweeping us.

I meant a general summary of the whole thing. But still, thanks.

Edit: Why is this in a spoiler tab? I didn't do that.

Last edited:

Vashimus

Smash Master
Our old friend Zapdos is too damn powerful and his moveset is way too damn good. If Steelix dies, he pretty much has a clean sweep. lmao

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Our old friend Zapdos is too damn powerful and his moveset is way too damn good. If Steelix dies, he pretty much has a clean sweep. lmao
Well, Zapdos is a really OP pokemon, even being at the top since Gen I. His Flying type gets rid of electric's main weakness, plus fantastic stats, it's almost unbeatable at this level. We need to grind Snake up to Lazor if we want to win. Yet, once that bird is down, it will be much easier. As Espeon/Brian/KT/A can easily get rid or Helix and ATV, and Fonz. AIR wouldn't be much trouble, and Bird Jesus can be easily beaten with a Icy Wind by Lazor. So, Zapdos is pretty much the carry of Red's team, once it's out, things will go smooth.

edit: We Beat Red

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
They finished gen 2 quickly.

I assume they'll be playing gen 3 next? I don't know if I'll pay much attention to that, I don't care much for gen 3, nor do I remember much of it.
It would be cool if both Red and AJ could be hacked into the next one though.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
They finished gen 2 quickly.

I assume they'll be playing gen 3 next? I don't know if I'll pay much attention to that, I don't care much for gen 3, nor do I remember much of it.
It would be cool if both Red and AJ could be hacked into the next one though.
Yes, Emerald, The creator confirmed that there also won't be democracy for this one, for the time being, meaning it could be subject to change.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
No democracy huh. Democracy certainly wasn't a bad idea, but the experiment is more interesting without it imo.

Still don't know if I will pay a lot of attention to Emerald, but I do want to see how long it would take to do the Rayquaza bike maze without Democracy.

Top Bottom