• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twisted Fate Mafia [D3 BEGINS, DEADLINE: 3/8 at 11:59 PM EST]

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
He gets lynched damn near every Day 1. Who am I to spit in the face of tradition?
But if I remember correctly, he's been town every time that he was lynched D1.

Vote: Ryker
During the first game I played here (Gheb's Mini Mafia game), Maven was bein' sorely misrepresented and was almost lynched Day 1 as town. In the next game, we were scum together and he was not the Day 1 target. So logically Maven's scum if he isn't targeted for the Day 1 lynch and is town if he is. Sounds reasonable to me.

I'll also go ahead and unvote for now.

#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry can you either give us a votecount or edit in the list of players in your Day 1 opener post? It's helpful when I'm on mah cellphone to not have to flip back to see the list of the players.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Confirmed Mafia.

Checkmate!
Oh dear, I've been found out. Call the executioner lol.

But seriously, what's the point you're trying to make? I'm saying that it's warranted because we're in RVS; pretty much any vote is warranted in RVS.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
RVS is a myth. Jet fuel can't melt scum-smell.

Vote: Spak

RR confirmed town by now, right? It's obvious right?

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
I have nothing to weigh in on right now. The game has hardly started and so far you have people mostly sticking to joke votes and light pressure from Red Ryu, but thanks for the tag anyways.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Everyone plays different. If the votes on Spak are legit I'm not seeing the hate for him given I was under the impression that nobody has moved towards anything out of RVS.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Then your believes are wrong ... lynching inactives on Day 1 is a good policy. Lyncing all liars is a bad policy.

:059:
But what reason (with the exception of trying to gambit someone) would a townie have for lying?

The Man From Delamar

Smash Journeyman
Everyone plays different. If the votes on Spak are legit I'm not seeing the hate for him given I was under the impression that nobody has moved towards anything out of RVS.
Do ya not think that maybe the votes on Spak are moving out of RVS? Explainin' it kinda spoils any opportunity it may have had, doesn't it?

Theres also plenty of non-gambit related reasons town may lie.

-Hiding reads 'cuz you don't want particular members of the town to see what you really think of that player.

-Leaving out reasons you think someone is scummy in a case because it ain't worth keepin' (lying by omission is still lyin')

Just off the top of my head.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think one of my biggest strengths as a player is to transition the game out of RVS.
So far, it's going well.

T
Can ya explain in more detail what you feel "Lynch All Liars" entails?
Bringing it up was all I intended to do, in fact.

Then your believes are wrong ... lynching inactives on Day 1 is a good policy. Lyncing all liars is a bad policy.

In large part, I agree with you. I gambit frequently.

My statement was intended to be a strong statement about inactivity, and to draw out impressions on both "Lynch inactives' and "Lynch all liars" in one fell swoop. I won't leave it lingering for too long without explanation. I don't need everyone's beliefs on these ideas, and I don't expect I would get them from everyone even if I held out forever.

But what reason (with the exception of trying to gambit someone) would a townie have for lying?
See below.

You've answered your own question.

Bingo, bango, bongo.

I have nothing to weigh in on right now. The game has hardly started and so far you have people mostly sticking to joke votes and light pressure from Red Ryu, but thanks for the tag anyways.
RVS gets things kicked off. It gives people a chance to breadcrumb if they wish. It gives us things to read later as either distancing, buddying, etc. It accomplishes a lot.
And it's also a load of horse**** that is taken too seriously sometimes. I usually break it within 24 hours. Lookup my game history (however that's done, I dunno). Ask around I guess. I've played with Spak, Gheb and J in this game. Not sure who else, since people change names sometimes, and my memory isn't great since it's been a while.

The transition is sometimes subtle. Sometimes it's abrupt. A good player is looking not only for players acting a little odd, but also watching for that moment when things shift and it's time to leave joke posts aside. We're pretty much there.

Do ya not think that maybe the votes on Spak are moving out of RVS? Explainin' it kinda spoils any opportunity it may have had, doesn't it?

Theres also plenty of non-gambit related reasons town may lie.

-Hiding reads 'cuz you don't want particular members of the town to see what you really think of that player.

-Leaving out reasons you think someone is scummy in a case because it ain't worth keepin' (lying by omission is still lyin')

Just off the top of my head.
+1 to this post. I'm linking it in lieu of liking it because I can't remember if we're allowed to "like" a post in these games. Can someone remind me? Seems like it would be disallowed since it can be undone, and only the OP would have knowledge that you liked his post.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I just liked your post, and then unliked it. Do you have a notification that I liked your post? If so, then you have information that I sent you that I didn't send to anyone else. (I'm stating it publicly here, so you all know what I did, and why I'm asking.)

I'm just making sure that this isn't a tactic that can be used to pass information. I can think of tons of ways of using this to cheat, if it gave you a notification, but no one else noticed.

For the record, I wouldn't cheat, if this turns out to be possible. It's not in my nature to be dishonest, outside of what the game allows. I was a semi-pro poker player about a decade ago and I got quite comfortable with in-game lying, but as a man, I detest dishonesty and as a gamer, I see no point in taking part in a game only to cheat my way to victory, or to lose by dishonest means. The spirit of a game like this is entirely broken if cheating takes place.

This is why I'm asking. I realized a potential for cheating when I was about to hit like earlier, so I'm pausing to ask now.

#HBC | J #HBC | J , or mod #HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry , can either of you chime in? J did you get a notification? Laundry, a ruling based on J's answer please?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Side note:

What's this business with half of you having #HBC at the beginning of your name. At first I thought they were hydra accounts, but then I realized we have one modding and 2 in-game. Help me out?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So here's the thing about liking messages in games. It's all around the honor system and we have never had a problem with people being malicious or misuing the ability to like posts in the game. When a message is liked, the user's post gets a notification, but if the person were to unlike it, it cancels the alert on their profile (if they have their profile set up to get notifications) and it pretends it never happened. This system is directly correlated to how Facebook is operated using likes.

However, it is customary in DGames that if you like a post which pertains to game related contented, you are to keep that like visible and not "unlike" it so that it is there in proof. So yeah, if you like a post, it should stay liked by basic integrity of the game, but can anyone truly stop you? Not really.

Up to Laundry if he felt the need to put in the OP "No unliking" posts for the sake of clarity, but the player base would deal with the problem themselves I feel.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Votecount 1.0

1. #HBC | Ryker: Spak > Corps
2. Corps Phoenix:
3. The Man from Delamar: Slick > Spak
4. Maven89: Slick > Ryker
5. ASC | Red Ryu: Spak
6. Gheb_01: Ryker
7. Kantrip:
8. Spak: Ryker
9. #HBC | J: The Man
10. ThatSmasherYouKnow:
11. Dastrn: Spak
12. SlickWylde:

Not voting: Corps, Kantrip, TSYK, Slick

Count
Spak (3): Ruy, Dastrn, The Man
Ryker (3): Maven, Gheb_01, Spak
The Man (1): J
Corps (1): Ryker

For those of you who have never seen my votecounts before, I do them with voting pattern for the current phase as well as a count. If a player is currently voting someone, their name will be italicized. If they have unvoted, the name will be in normal font and there will be a ">" next to it, showing that their vote is moving. The count will (or should) reflect the order in which these votes were placed.​

Last edited:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Vote Dastrn

SlickWylde SlickWylde

How much experience do ya have playin' mafia?
I have a decent amount of experience with the traditional Mafia. I've played 3-4 games with this group, but each time it's different rules/roles, so I usually spend the first day just trying to wrap my head around everything haha.

I agree strongly with the "Sometimes Town needs to lie" sentiment. I don't like Dastrn's "Lynch all liars policy."

Dastrn Dastrn I'd like to hear more from you. I'm voting to put pressure on.

Maven89

Smash Master
Lynch all liars is not a good policy because I lie pretty often. In fact I consider lying part of the game no matter what role you have.

#HBC | J #HBC | J get involved in RVS and our early proto-discussions please, and don't just comment on them. Engage! Get personal! Attempt to get someone lynched because their avatar's colors doesn't meet up with the standard you place on your eyes! Throw votes around!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Lynch all liars is not a good policy because I lie pretty often. In fact I consider lying part of the game no matter what role you have.

#HBC | J #HBC | J get involved in RVS and our early proto-discussions please, and don't just comment on them. Engage! Get personal! Attempt to get someone lynched because their avatar's colors doesn't meet up with the standard you place on your eyes! Throw votes around!
I have thrown a vote around and I've been involved breifly in the discussion.

*squints eyes*

I believe honesty is the best policy pretty much in every situation minus very very rare instances where lying can win the game, but lying to lie is atrocious.

Top Bottom