• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twisted Fate Mafia [D3 BEGINS, DEADLINE: 3/8 at 11:59 PM EST]

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm scratching my head at you, Dastrn. I'm not sure you're scum, I'm really not, but I really find this sudden certainty that Xatres is scum to be mind boggling. I'm not sure if you snapped or what, but your case is entire WIFOMY and only makes sense if you start at the conclusion and work your way back. Mafia cases need to work the other way. Your assigning his belief that Gheb was scum entirely to malice, it could just as easily be he thought Gheb was scum (I thought Gheb was scum) and so wanted to keep the lynch there. That's what i mean when I say your post only works if you start from the conclusion that Xatres is scum, none of it by itself is scummy.

Your defense of J is entirely his drunk post and the fact that he didn't vote Gheb, but Gheb was l-5 at the time so it's not like J could have sneaked out a lynch, and faking a drunk "lol sorry guys I'm town GL" post when your scum is incredibly easy, it's been done before, I've even done it not that long ago in a game that J was in. And having a defense that's entirely "feels"?

Fun side note: a maven quote from a previous game

From this game I've decided that J avoiding questions means you kill him on the spot

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
RR pushed J, RR got night killed. It's clear that it's because he was pushing J, the question is "was it because J is scum, or did they want to frame J"?. But this is not a question you can ever answer, no one knows, so you ignore it. RR died for pushing J, it shouldn't be a big part of anyone's push. Honestly I'm not even sure wtf you're talking about at the end, it comes off like the rantings of a crazy person
It's not that simple. I don't think that J is stupid enough to just nightkill RR because he was pushing him. J obviously knows his stuff, and he wouldn't just do that, that would be like holding up a sign that says: "I'M SCUM. KILL ME.". It just goes to show that Xatres's strategy is working.

Maven89

Smash Master
It's not that simple. I don't think that J is stupid enough to just nightkill RR because he was pushing him. J obviously knows his stuff, and he wouldn't just do that, that would be like holding up a sign that says: "I'M SCUM. KILL ME.". It just goes to show that Xatres's strategy is working.
I disagree with every single sentence in this paragraph

Maven89

Smash Master
He doesn't, but I don't know if he's clinging and running with things he doesn't understand because he's scum or because he doesn't know how to play.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maven89 Maven89 I admitted from the very start that my entire case was wifom hell. This isn't certainty by any stretch. I am doing the best I can with what I have, and the best I have at this point is trying out a case to see if it works, and I feel like this one works really well.

Yes, I admit 100% it's wifom out the wazoo. So is a case on J right now.

We have nothing but trying on presuppositions and seeing if they work. We don't have a cop. We don't have any hard clears. We're stumbling. We're near failure. And I'm trying to piece together the best case I can.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
And why the hell weren't there this many players making these cases and these posts over the last 5 days?

ffs this is the frustration that keeps me from playing very often.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maven and I should be debating the merits of this case in the middle of the Day, not 8 hours before deadline.

Maven89

Smash Master
No, the J case is based on his actual posts, they lead you to believe he's scum based on their own, they're not being created out of the blue like you admit your Xatres case is. You can't just start coming up with theories out of the blue and see if they fit. Xates as scum fits, but not that well. Like I mentioned, he took pure credit for the Gheb push when he didn't need to (I still don't think I've seen you take credit for a single action this game) and has been examining and making intelligent cases that clearly show he has read the game. I find myself agreeing with him on most things.

May I also point out, Dastrn, that this is the first time the entire game you've 100% pushed something? There is no "Well I'll wait to deadline" from you. And it's over this push. Something you admit is pure WIFOM. And it's at the most critical time of the game.

I think you're scum. and have been playing a great scum game. You've been wrong on almost everything, while at the same time distancing yourself from every action you've taken. At this point, what can we point to that you've done, that you would agree that you did, that wasn't who you voted and the time?

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Major kudos to Dastrn Dastrn to figuring out the scum-team and leaving me worried had we not gotten J lynched. Other kudos being to my team playing incredibly well and carrying me.

More comments later. Anyone who knows my identity (mods, scum-team, game mod, graveyard) I ask that you do not out me. This was merely a dynamic I wanted to try, and I think it went fairly well. Maybe I'll play again on my account or maybe I'll dig this up again, but that's for another time.

Last edited:

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think you're scum. and have been playing a great scum game. You've been wrong on almost everything, while at the same time distancing yourself from every action you've taken.
If only that were true. I'd feel a lot better about myself.

I've stated numerous times that this has been my worst performance ever.

I was on the kanty wagon but I was very actively asking for other players who were casually tossing other names out to make a case so we could consider swinging the wagon if necessary. The Kanty wagon was largely an information flip because we didn't have any other good candidates.
Yes, I am willing to clarify how responsible I was for that action, because I was also fighting hard to engage other players in their ideas to make sure we could get the best lynch possible out of Day 1. I was actively fighting for a good lynch, not just a convenient one.

I've owned that I made the deciding vote on Gheb based on my read when given the choice to decide to kill one or the other at the very end of the day. I missed. Xatres pushed harder for it than I. I wanted RR. It appears I was wrong about him as well. I showed that I was willing to reconsider my positions several times in this game, even when the path of least resistance was available to me if I was actually scum.

You've argued yourself for me being town based on these very things.

The truth is that I've never played well as scum, and this game is not me suddenly finding a skill I didn't previously have after barely playing for the last couple years.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Maven89 Maven89 I think you (and J) react too hard to things you disagree with, and perhaps come to snap decisions that you feel too strongly about. You town read me consistently throughout the game, and then let this one case flip that for you.
I null read xatres throughout Day 2, null-scum on corps, and null-scum at best on spak the entire time. None of them became the lynch of the day until today when my read on xatres and my analysis of the game with him as scum fit things well enough for me to go for it.
I was flexible in my positions, and was willing to be persuaded of things, but it wasn't as if I was tossed around either. I lynched people that I thought gave us good information and gave us a good chance of hitting scum. And as soon as I came to as solid of a position as I could, acknowledging it to require some wifom to get started, that was when you ignored all of what you read correctly about me the entire game.

You're a solid player, and I think your gut is going to generally lead you towards the right players, but only if they fit a certain profile. But I imagine you make enemies easily. And that's not good for you and your win condition, scum or town.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree that Gheb and J didn't do us many favors, although I do think that the assessment of Spak and Gheb being TvS was something we picked up on and could have used. That was something many of us felt.

J's drunk end of day 2 post really did sound genuine to me. His frustration was palpable. Yes, that was what tipped me over to killing Gheb instead of J. I was right about J, just didn't have a scum to land on as an alternative, and Gheb was our only play at that point.

I'm surprised that there was never a serious case built against Spak. I genuinely got too frustrated with the rest of the town team to bother doing an extra re-read to make that case myself. I knew the case would be there to make without too much trouble, but I dunno. Never did it, so maybe I'm wrong in how easy it would have been to make.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Well played? Sorry for the absolutely laughable performance. I started this game with a job that had long hours during which I was free to play mafia, then I got fired, then I got rehired because the guy who fired me got fired. I had a lot of **** happening and the fact that multiple other distractions cropped up didn't help. By the time I was comfortably able to commit time again, I was so disconnected it would require a reread I never wanted to make.

I still enjoy mafia, but I've hit some problems with how to approach it with this group. I've gotta sort out some stuff before I sign up for another.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
For the majority of the game I just didn't want to post because of how much work it would be to confront J. Lazy and awful.

I never woud've caught Corps through slots like TSYK and Xatres though.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

My thoughts summed up about this game. I had correct reads, tried to stop town from ML'ing some slots, but this just wasn't my deck of cards as far as players go. My show week really through me through a loop during D2 when I was around on D1 to play more.

I should have moved past my reservations of not being able to convince people like Ryker/Maven to re-assess/play and actually sit down and build cases against Xatres/Sparky and then I was coming for Corps>TSYK. That was all if I got through toDay.

Only person I guess I am sorry about not being able to pull the gameback and not get lynched to was @~ Gheb ~ because we were in the same boat a majority of the game regarding our lynches being really poor and just due to sheer laziness.

Imagine if we had lynched Sparky>Kanty D1. So many grumble moments in this game that it all just equates to "meh". Shake it off and move onto the next game haha.

Set-up was cool though.

Maven89

Smash Master
I got really egotistical this game. It really comes off from the private Pms I sent the mod, around the start of Day 2 it was nothing but garbage comparing myself to other players, which is also when I started to really suck. Three times I procrastinated and popped up by the deadline. I don't believe I've ever played this poorly before

I'll just end with the PM I sent Laundry when I realized what I was doing

Wow, I just reread all my posts. I see my problem immediately, I'm treating this game as a **** waving contest. I'm barely even talking about helping the town.
Oh my god I'm Donald Trump

Last edited:

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I got really egotistical this game. It really comes off from the private Pms I sent the mod, around the start of Day 2 it was nothing but garbage comparing myself to other players, which is also when I started to really suck. Three times I procrastinated and popped up by the deadline. I don't believe I've ever played this poorly before

I'll just end with the PM I sent Laundry when I realized what I was doing
Wow, I just reread all my posts. I see my problem immediately, I'm treating this game as a **** waving contest. I'm barely even talking about helping the town.
Oh my god I'm Donald Trump
3 minutes ago
Last edited: 2 minutes ago
You can't edit posts in a mafia game. :p

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I was referencing this conversation that happened between me and Maven towards the beginning of the game:
This is my second. And on my first one I had to call in a substitute, Orboknown Orboknown because I had a lot of school stuff to deal with.
You can't edit in mafia games, instead you should just post again
NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHING

SCUM8 GETS FISHY

EDIT: SCUM8 ACCEPTS THE CHALLENGE

Last edited:

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Also how the heck do you do the part where it states who said it in the quotes. I can't figure out how everyone else does it. I've just been copy pasting and putting the html code, but it doesn't show who said it.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Hit the quote button under each post.
no, I know how that works. It's just that whenever I hit the quote button, instead of adding it to my already existing text box, it redirects me to a different page.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I was the jailer.

Jailed Ryker n1 and Xatres n2.

Wish I was more active at points and wish I didn't get night killed.

Wondering why I was nightkilled as well.

Top Bottom