• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twisted Fate Mafia [D3 BEGINS, DEADLINE: 3/8 at 11:59 PM EST]

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Going further with pages 14-15 with J.

Looking at his back and forth with Ryker, notice again J pretty much ignores Gheb and Maven whom he expressed a lot of interest in going after and voting even before in the post I quoted before. When J does get to the parts on Maven he does a pot calling the kettle black in his #588 where he pretty much says he should have pushed away from Kantrip.

If this is the case why are J's Posts going into end of day 1 not doing this and focused elsewhere? He did post and was here even if he was less active than usual, why was his vote on Xatres slot and not spak if he wanted to try this.

At the same time with reading this, Maven in particular stands out and calling J out on this...but more so with what seems to be knowledge that Kantrip was obviously town, which I need to recall if this was the case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I can go further with him vs Ryker but it seems people aren't interested in that, honestly not a fan of that wagon in heignsight but wanted to see it play out to get an idea of what was going on with Ryker and stances around him.

He was roleblocked and the mod confirmed how the interaction would work given the open set-up situation. I do not think Ryker is scum at this point. I am seriously questioning why J picked out Ryker over the two others he said before and after the night phase he wanted to look into along with potential Spak.

Maven89

Smash Master
That's actually enough for me to switch my vote over if people want, though it'd be real risky to try. but so far that's the best case I've seen this entire game

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Votecount 2.5

1. #HBC | Ryker: J
2. Corps Phoenix: Spak > Maven > Gheb
3. Xatres: Ryker > Gheb
4. Maven89: Gheb > J > Gheb
5. ASC | Red Ryu: Spak > J >TSYK > Gheb
6. Gheb_01: Ryker > J
7. Spak: Xatres > Ryker >
8. #HBC | J: Ryker > Maven
9. ThatSmasherYouKnow: Gheb > Gheb > J
10. Dastrn: Ryker > Gheb > Gheb >

Not voting: Dastrn

Count
Gheb (5): Xatres, Spak, Maven, Ruy, Corps
J (3): Ryker, Gheb, TSYK
Maven (1): J

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch!

Deadline is 2/28 at 11:59 PM EST.​

Last edited:

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Here's where I think the votecount stands:

Gheb: Xatres, Spak, Maven, RR, Phoenix
J: Ryker, Gheb, TSYK

And here's where I think everyone's stances are:

Gheb: Xatres, Spak, TSYK, Phoenix
J: Ryker, Gheb, RR, Maven, Dastrn

Technically the people wanting J lynched at this point outnumbers the people wanting Gheb.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
I'll stick to my agreement to hammer if you guys switch over to J. You've got the votes, even if they aren't assigned right now.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
RR and Xatres, are you both comfortable with me hammering? If the three of us are here, we still have time to decide.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
RR and Xatres, are you both comfortable with me hammering? If the three of us are here, we still have time to decide.
You're the deciding factor here. RR's made his case on J. I've made my case on Gheb. We've got the players present to make either happen.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I'm reaaaallly not a fan of either slot, so I suppose I don't have a bad choice right now.

I'm going to go for it:

Vote: Gheb

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I'm standing to my gut and also the fact that wine makes me more honest.

I'm not voting Gheb out of self preservation because I do not feel he is scum and if I wasn't a mod and stop swearing online there would be more explicits but that's also cuz I'm happy buzzed.

Y'all are wrong on me and I'm sniping from my phone, but the case on me is poor and slapped together at deadline because when I was here pushing an agenda everyone was sitting on their thumbs. Then come twilight the inactives are grouping together to lynch two of the most active people in the game who have given content just because they have been called out by myself and Gheb and brought together by a diluted Dastrn/Maven.

So enjoy the town lynch, a tad salty, but still rooting for town.

~J

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
"Not a gambler, are ya fella?"

Twisted Fate eyed one of the players sitting across from him. The opponent raised his gaze to meet the card shark's. While he got along with the locals, his appearance screamed of a foreigner and his accent, while diluted by his surroundings, was still faintly present. His look was not of a foolish man, merely just a bored one. The game had lost meaning to him awhile ago, Twisted Fate could tell. Finally, the opponent shook his head and offered a curt no.

"Probably best if you don't continue then. You could get hurt."

Gheb, Vanilla Town, has been lynched!

Night 2 begins. Deadline is 2:30 at 11:59 PM EST, or until all actions are finalized.

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Another loser out of the game. They were dropping like flies, Twisted Fate thought to himself, before correcting himself to fish in a barrel. The game was easy and he was sure to make a decent chunk of change if he didn't flame out soon but the game wasn't quite over yet.

Suddenly loud banging came from the other room before the bouncers burst through the door dragging a man by the shoulders. His sleeve had been ripped and the tattoo of a red dragon was visible on his shoulder. With an audible grunt, the bouncers tossed the man through the front door as if he were no heavier than a sack of potatoes. After the noise dulled to a murmur again, Fate looked up to see the bartender standing over his shoulders watching his bouncers do their duty.

"Member of a street gang," he said. "Drank too much and couldn't pay his tab."

Red Ryu, ????, has been killed!

Day 3 begins! Deadline is March 8th at 11:59 PM EST!

----

As you can tell, I've decided on keeping the lengthened deadlines at least for Day 3. The activity greatly improved after the deadline to the point that I believe you've earned a second shot. If you guys backload all of your activity this day phase into the last 48 or so hours before deadline though, I will not hesitate to shorten the phase back to 5 days again should the game last to Day 4. Based on some of the messages I have received, I expect that won't be the case, but the future is not yet written. Regardless, let the day begin.​

Last edited:

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
Votecount 3.0

1. #HBC | Ryker:
2. Corps Phoenix:
3. Xatres:
4. Maven89:
5. Spak:
6. #HBC | J:
7. ThatSmasherYouKnow:
8. Dastrn:

Not Voting: Everyone

Count
-N/A-​

Maven89

Smash Master
I'm the tracker. I tracked Gheb n1, got the results that he went nowhere. N2 I tracked J, was told he went nowhere. Due to possibility of ninja (very likely as of right now), the results are worthless.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you guys think a no-lynch would have been better yesterDay than taking a shot on Gheb or J if we had been less confident in our concerns?

One thing I want to point out is that if just 2 townies put their votes down on another townie at this point, the 3 scum can pile on and win right there. So be careful how you vote.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
At this point, I'm guessing that RR was the traitor, and so the mafia killed him. It seems very cryptic in the post announcing that he's dead with Laundry saying:
"Member of a street gang," he said. "Drank too much and couldn't pay his tab."

Red Ryu, ????, has been killed!
At this point, I'm curios if the part about a street gang is just about asthetics or if it is implying something more.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
^if you think TSYK is scum, I challenge you to tell me how that's not a town-tell.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I made a lot of spelling mistakes in that post, I'm sorry it was early in the morning.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Do you guys think a no-lynch would have been better yesterDay than taking a shot on Gheb or J if we had been less confident in our concerns?

One thing I want to point out is that if just 2 townies put their votes down on another townie at this point, the 3 scum can pile on and win right there. So be careful how you vote.
Posting from phone.

A no lynch would have left us in the exact same position (debating between Gheb and J) on D3. What would be the benefit?

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
I'm also gonna look at RR's reads more closely now that he "might" be confirmed to be traitor.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Oh, I just realized that a major flaw in my theory is that RR was voting Gheb. I'll have to read more into this, but this post:
Going further with pages 14-15 with J.

Looking at his back and forth with Ryker, notice again J pretty much ignores Gheb and Maven whom he expressed a lot of interest in going after and voting even before in the post I quoted before. When J does get to the parts on Maven he does a pot calling the kettle black in his #588 where he pretty much says he should have pushed away from Kantrip.

If this is the case why are J's Posts going into end of day 1 not doing this and focused elsewhere? He did post and was here even if he was less active than usual, why was his vote on Xatres slot and not spak if he wanted to try this.

At the same time with reading this, Maven in particular stands out and calling J out on this...but more so with what seems to be knowledge that Kantrip was obviously town, which I need to recall if this was the case.
is, assuming he is traitor, when he separated from the mafia, so he tried to give town hints that J is scum. Still, this is all assuming RR was traitor, so it's still too early to confirm that J is scum.

Corps phoenix

Smash Journeyman
Seems I am possibly wrong about things given recent events and maven's claim if I'm to believe it, though maven considering a ninja makes me believe he still thinks J is scum which is one of the more important topics right now.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
At this point, I'm guessing that RR was the traitor, and so the mafia killed him.
Saying that scum killed someone because they are traitor seems odd to me. I can't think of a scenario where the scumteam would want to kill off their traitor.
Seems I am possibly wrong about things given recent events and maven's claim if I'm to believe it, though maven considering a ninja makes me believe he still thinks J is scum which is one of the more important topics right now.
Another question is what would be the scumteam's reasoning for targeting Ryu? If Ryu was a PR and the scumteam could see that they would have likely made him a target (seeing as there are no passive town PRs left assuming Ryker is telling the truth), they could have been trying to throw suspicion on J by killing the driving force of the wagon, they could be trying to take pressure off of themselves if J is on the scumteam, or they could have seen him as a threat for this phase because he was the main proponent of keeping Gheb around.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Posting from phone.

A no lynch would have left us in the exact same position (debating between Gheb and J) on D3. What would be the benefit?
Thanks for the input.

The benefit would have been 1 less townie dead, and approximately 1 more mislynch in the last few days (if there are even more than 1 left.)

I am embarrassed by how poorly town (very much including myself here) are playing and how easily scum are coasting through this game. Just putting that out there. I don't think there are any scum teams that would absolutely surprise me at this point.

I'll claim VT just to put that out there. There's only so many of us left, and a mass claim is starting to feel more and more helpful.

Top Bottom