• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Princess Ganondorf Question - SPOILER ALERT

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Well they should give him the TP sword if they use his appearance from that game ( you can only make polls if you are premium)

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
TP sword doesn't exactly suit him, being a holy weapon of light & what not.

Wrench

Smash Apprentice
As long as he gets to use a sword this time i would be very, verrry happy. I was really dissapointed when i found out he didn't use it in ssbm

T-major

Smash Champion
I'm going to have to go with his Wind Waker swords; simply because I havn't seen his TP sword yet (please! dont show any screen shots!). however, they most likely would use his TP design in Brawl (he's defenatly going to be in); so his TP sword (whatever it is) would probably be the best way to go.

WR3K

Smash Ace
T major, if youve beaten the 4th dungeoun, youve already seen it

Kirye- yes, his slowness would have to play a role in his sword skills

FireBomb

Smash Lord
I can't remember what the TP sword looks like since I only saw it once, and I don't think he'll be dual-wielding swords like in Wind Waker. Maybe if they give him that sword that Ganondorf swings out when he wins a match with a graphical update. Or who knows, perhaps in addition to changing his costume, you can change the appearance of his sword from any of those 3. It's better if they cater to everyone's needs at once.

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
If he's a swordsman he needs to kick people in the stomach for the end of his A-A-A. That is all.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
I personally am going on the assumption that ganondorf will be his TP design, and thus it makes sense for him to use that sword. Though, it'd be pretty awesome if he used the windwaker swords- maybe be able to draw them and put them away at will to switch between a melee moveset and a magic moveset.
Oh, and hey, let's keep this in mind- he needs to be able to hold items. He could just put one of his swords away (like link's shield), but still. Keep it in mind.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Wonder why everybody complains
about having too many swordsmen,
but then wants Ganondorf to be one?

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Wonder why everybody complains
about having too many swordsmen,
but then wants Ganondorf to be one?
'Cause he's GANONDORF, duh!
:psycho: :chuckle:

TP sword all the way. The WW swords were pretty sweet, but the character design of Ganondorf was....er....well we all know. In TP he looks really sweet, and the sword he uses is awesome.
Actually I'm just hoping he uses a sword, PERIOD. 'Dorf in melee was nothing more than a slower CF, it was a major disappointment!

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
The WW swords were pretty sweet, but the character design of Ganondorf was....er....well we all know.
Er, no, I don't. I actually happened to like it as it suited his older and wiser self. Sure, it was a pretty simplistic design, but it fit into the game much better that your average armor-clad Ganondorf would. I do like the TP design a better though. He actually looks intimidating just standing around, unlike the other Ganondorfs.
But this thread isn't about that, so I'll just shut up about that.

Hm, swords, eh...

First, there is the one sword that he had in the SpaceWorld demo and in his SSBM victory poses. This would be pretty cool and unique, but he has never really used it in a Zelda game.
Secondly, there are the double swords of TWW. They would make Ganondorf a pretty fun character to play as. It's pretty obvious though that they are giving him the TP design and dual katanas would look REALLY silly with that Ganondorf.
And then there is the TP sword. It doesn't really throw as much uniqueness in your face as the other ones do, but it would quite obviously suit TP Dorf the best. Also, it looks awesome.

Just for the record, I've never complained about sword users. When a character has a weapon, the character has a weapon. When he/she doesn't, he/she doesn't. Simple as that. In Ganondorf's case, I think it would add to the character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I am good with whatever sword, but I prefer the TP Sword above all. Ganondorf's TP design is also pretty sweet, he's got cool hair and an evil face. I enjoyed the last battle against him the most, it was acually the only hard boss in the whole game... >_> Disapointing, yeah... But the fight was cool non the less. I was thinking of making a TP Ganondorf moveset a while back but I never really felt like doing it. XD Maybe later...

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
In ssbm he pulls a sword out for victory, that would be great to see in brawl. he better have a move where he can create a magic ball and throw it at people. He could charge it up like mewtwos shadow ball.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
What!? Ganondorf is in TP!? Why didn't you jerks use Spoiler Tags!?

J/K

Anyways, I think it's only fitting that TP Ganondorf comes in. I mean, TP Link is there, so why not? And if he gets the sword, that sounds awesome too.

T-major

Smash Champion
I's like to change my previous statment. I just resently fought TP Ganondorf, and his sword friggin' owns! I wan't that one in Brawl! which is good because thats most likly the one that he will uses when he gets in.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah seeing how Links ooutfit matches the one in TP, and his sword glows just like in TP, so seeing how everyone will have their look updated, i bet ganondorf will not only have his new TP look, but seeing how he was a clone, he'll have a moveset that fits to his TP apperance, thus he will have the sword of sages (love the name!)...

GenG

Smash Lord
I'm against the shining white sword, but in TP, the actual Ganondorf's sword around there too. Do you know the miniboss of the Arbiter's Ground? I think that huge sword was the one Ganondorf was carrying when they got him, and sealed it.

Arian_Kylos

Smash Cadet
swords, swords, swords...

Gannondorf Is awesome in TP, and his sword was awesome too... But I'd rather not have be in SSBB, outfit yes, sword no...

Why? It just doesn't seem fitting.

Besides, what about his Trident?

hmm? You know the one he's used in a few other games, like four swords adventures (Music good, overview good, Multiplayer Very good, Linearity Very bad.) and link to the past.

I know that was used by Ganon, but he could transform into a human in link to the past so it makes sense.

But if he had to use a sword, I'd say the one he uses in ssbm.

(MISC NOTES)

Please not the WW Gannondorf, That honestly doesn't seem fitting for a menace such as Gannondorf: Although sorcerers are sweet it honestly seems too... casual.

Although double swords are always cool.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude he was a clone in melee, to make him unique, he should used the sword of sages to make a new moveset, if sakurai can add some attack he used in OoT, and/or the attacks zelda did when she was posesed, he will be unique, but that sword was his MAIN weapon is TP, thus it has to be in brawl...

mkmelee

Smash Lord
I wonder what would happen if characters had selectable weapons with different movesets....

Anyways, TP is the way to go. He's awesome in TP and he'll kick *** in SSBB.

Zodiac

Smash Master
yes his TP sword kicks *** but they would have to balance out its HUGE reach
Yea jsut like they balanced out marths reach...WTF! Nah, I think it'd be nice to have another broken zelda character with a huge sword.But, TP princess sword would rule.

TP sword doesn't exactly suit him, being a holy weapon of light & what not.
That sword isnt a holy weapon of light, its ganondorf's sword, its a evil sword througha dn through, . theres no actualy proof of either, but one would assume the later.

Another thought, what about him switching between different sword styles (Ala Mortal kombat deception)

Top Bottom