• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 5 - Brawl - Ottawa, ON - Jul 5, 08

GanonPWN!

Smash Journeyman
I might try bringing a setup, I bought a TV for 7 dollars at the garage sale I guess i could bring that, its just going to be a pain to hull around.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Star Fox!

I will probably play Fox, Wolf, Falco at that tournament. My best is most definitely Wolf.

Also, I'll take money matches, 1$/match, random character random stage.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Umm wes and delorted were supposed to go but then they dropped out n ambrose said me n percon can come. correct me if im wrong but are you thinking about when wes posted something like "no im not going you can take my spot bernard", that was for bernard to take wes' spot for niagara

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Umm wes and delorted were supposed to go but then they dropped out n ambrose said me n percon can come. correct me if im wrong but are you thinking about when wes posted something like "no im not going you can take my spot bernard", that was for bernard to take wes' spot for niagara
Naw I was thinking about the fact that I asked Bernard like a week ago about it and he said he was down. I guess he just never talked to anyone else about it. That sucks for me though, cause if Bernard can't come then I have no team partner.

Team partner....

tect

Smash Journeyman
i wanna commeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but i'm booked. i'm throwing a huge 3 day 2 night party that weekend I N Q U E B E C oh the irony of it all

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hey Fogel, could you confirm whos housing for everybody in Ambrose's car soon? we dont know if we should leave saturday morning or friday night yet depending on if we get housing, but it would make life a lot easier if we could get housing and leave friday night. thx...
lol, Yea what kingace just said. Cameron could you provide housing for us on Friday night and possibly saturday night? There is 4 people that is coming with me. And also, I could bring a TV.
@ both of you:

I was going to wait another week or so to see if anyone else needed housing first and then worked things out from there. I've said I would get housing for you guys. Why the rush to confirm things now?

You're in our car too eh King?

A good nights sleep is probably the most important part for these things. Every tournament I travel distance too I have ended up sleeping on a floor, ( except for vwin's house waaay back) or on a bus or something.... and the next day it sucks being dead at the tournament.

friday night > Saturday morning seeing as we'd have to leave hella early in the morning saturday.
I'm confused...if you're coming up to Ottawa for Friday night, you will most likely be sleeping on someone's floor. If you want a bed, doesn't it make more sense to sleep at home Friday and come Saturday morning? I'm not trying to stop you from coming up Friday or anything...I just didn't follow your post there.

Me and Kirt, teams name is Through the fire and the flames
Entered, but it's kinda long so I reserve the right to change it to 'Team Flamers' if it doesn't fit into tio :p To avoid this fate, choose a shorter name!

i wanna commeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but i'm booked. i'm throwing a huge 3 day 2 night party that weekend I N Q U E B E C oh the irony of it all
<3 Mikey Prime
Sorry for stealing some of your potential guests away :(

KingAce

Smash Ace
Alright lol, its because in ambroses car we have 3 toronto, 1 mississauga, and 1 Niagara. It would be really hard for me and percon to goto toronto friday overnight and sleep there or get there in the morning at 5-6am, since its a 5 hr drive.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Alright lol, its because in ambroses car we have 3 toronto, 1 mississauga, and 1 Niagara. It would be really hard for me and percon to goto toronto friday overnight and sleep there or get there in the morning at 5-6am, since its a 5 hr drive.
Don't worry, you guys will be able to stay somewhere Friday night for sure. If no one else needs housing I can house you guys myself, I just wanted to wait and see how many people were gonna need housing before planning everything.

Percon

Smash Lord
I might come. It would be my first tourney and I'm not sure if I'm good enough. Also I might be traveling to Czech that weekend .
1) Don't think so lowly of yourself

2) You'll never "get good enough" if you don't come to these things

3) No matter how bad you are or think you may be, the smash community will welcome you with open arms

4) It's gonna be big, so if it's your first tourney it might be a good idea to introduce yourself to players from all over

4.5) My legs are numb :(

5) Don't go to Czech. No.

Damax

Smash Lord
so In my car right now is

me
Vwins
testrider
warrenthad
bigrick? is that right?

gaz cost with current prices will be around 40-50$

like 25$ on teh go and 25$ back so I'd expect between 5$ 10$ chips per person, though we'll only know the real amount of gaz it took once we get there.

we'll set up plans to gather you all before going. it might involve having a mini smashfest training with the best to prove your mettle at my place with sex as test promised me and a sofa as bed.

PND

Smash Champion
Okay, I contacted Nintendo today. My Wii will take between 11-17 business days to arrive, so it won't be here in time for the tourney. The TVs and the VCR are still a go though.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wow, well after playing a few games with Elef, I don't think we'll make it far in teams, but god bless he plays snake! he'll be ready for the tourney, hopefully, he hasn't played in a month.
Okay, I contacted Nintendo today. My Wii will take between 11-17 business days to arrive, so it won't be here in time for the tourney. The TVs and the VCR are still a go though.
YOU HAVE FAILED TO THE COMMUNITY! haha jk, you tried your best, I'd give you a tap on the back if I wasn't fapping right now.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Hi, I'd like to register for singles, even tho I'm n00b and will get pwnd right away lol.

I can bring a Wii and.... a VCR.... seriously you ppl record with oldskool VHS tapes!? or does VCR nowadays mean some fancy PVR digital recording system........ well I can bring the crappy kind lol..... just thought ppl usually had better setups for recording matches..

BigRick

Smash Master
Montreal, Canada AKA Real City brrrrrrrrapp!
so In my car right now is

me
Vwins
testrider
warrenthad
bigrick? is that right?

gaz cost with current prices will be around 40-50$

like 25$ on teh go and 25$ back so I'd expect between 5$ 10$ chips per person, though we'll only know the real amount of gaz it took once we get there.

we'll set up plans to gather you all before going. it might involve having a mini smashfest training with the best to prove your mettle at my place with sex as test promised me and a sofa as bed.
yes damax ill be with u guys this sounds like a good plan

Fogel

Smash Lord
Hi, I'd like to register for singles, even tho I'm n00b and will get pwnd right away lol.

I can bring a Wii and.... a VCR.... seriously you ppl record with oldskool VHS tapes!? or does VCR nowadays mean some fancy PVR digital recording system........ well I can bring the crappy kind lol..... just thought ppl usually had better setups for recording matches..
Yeah, every tournament I've been to has just used VCRs and VHS tapes. I don't know why to be honest; I would guess because they're cheap and plentiful :)

Anyways, I'll add you to singles. Thanks for bringing equipment!

Niko_K

Smash Master
Alright well Im coming out to this. I will be bringing a Wii and Brawl. Minus(Runawayfire) and I will be teaming in doubles, we just haven't established a team name.

Fogel

Smash Lord
GenER!X
Millar
Bug

I still haven't heard from any of you...are you still coming and how are you getting here?

Alright well Im coming out to this. I will be bringing a Wii and Brawl. Minus(Runawayfire) and I will be teaming in doubles, we just haven't established a team name.
Sounds good, but may I ask how you're coming up? I was under the impression that Ambrose's car was full.

Holy crap. The Wii arrived today. With all save data intact.

GG NINTENDO!
Great news!

Top Bottom