• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight of Smash 5 - Brawl - Ottawa, ON - Jul 5, 08

Fogel

Smash Lord
I lol'd. SF2 is so bad ***.

Hadouken!

Cam:
As mentioned in the ottawa thread I can help out on sat morning, just wondering if you would be able to pick me up along with my setup?
It depends how many out-of-towners will be in my car; if I have to drive other people around then I probably can't pick you up, but if they have their own transportation then I should be able to.

PND

Smash Champion
I could show up early for setup too, if need be.

1 VCR, maybe 2. The second's not mine, but I'm trying to borrow it.
2 TVs
1 Wii

Seison

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I'm seriously considering driving from Saint John New Brunswick to make it to this... it'd be my first real tournament... I don't know if a maybe is criteria enough for your list of attendees, but if it is, you can put Seison and SupremePieNinja on the list.

Also, is/was there a deadline for registration? Or could I show up the day of and still participate?

Fogel

Smash Lord
I won't be attending ToS5.

Thanks anyway. Sorry, I can't make it.

Take GenER!X off the list
Sorry to hear it :(

Hmm, I'm seriously considering driving from Saint John New Brunswick to make it to this... it'd be my first real tournament... I don't know if a maybe is criteria enough for your list of attendees, but if it is, you can put Seison and SupremePieNinja on the list.

Also, is/was there a deadline for registration? Or could I show up the day of and still participate?
It's ok to just show up the day of the tourney, you will still be able to participate.

I could show up early for setup too, if need be.

1 VCR, maybe 2. The second's not mine, but I'm trying to borrow it.
2 TVs
1 Wii
Thanks, I'll keep you posted on how early to show up.

KingAce

Smash Ace
Does anyone wanna do doubles money matches $10 a team bo3 right before the tournament actually starts? I think it would be a good warmup for the actual doubles tournament =). me and Percon will take just about any team MM's before the tourny starts.

Fogel

Smash Lord
Can everyone who is bringing TVs/Wiis/VCRs read over the equipment list in the first post? I would like to make sure I have everything up to date. If I've missed anything, or if I have you down for stuff and you can't bring it, I need to know.

To everyone in general: if we do not get more setups, singles pool matches will change to 2 stock, 5 minute matches due to time restraints. I don't want to have to do this, but the reality is we have almost twice the people registered compared to previous ToSes, but less setups. I think we need about 16 setups to have 3 stock, 7 minute pool matches. Please make an effort to bring a TV and Wii if you can!

I would like to come if I had a ride, but unfortunately I am still looking for one. I live in Mississauga.
OK, thanks for letting me know. If you do get a ride please post here or PM me.

Niko_K and Millar, I still need to know how you guys are planning on coming up here.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
i could MAYBE bring my old *** tv, but i'd have to ask damax if he has room in his car and i'd need an adaptor and a wii.

does no one in ottawa have tvs? we're usually pretty okay for tvs i thought =/.

KingAce

Smash Ace
haha for some reason i actually like the idea of 2 stock 5 min in pools... lets me spam without too much move deterioration on the 3rd stock :)

Niko_K

Smash Master
Oh well, whatever. The point is,

SOUTHERN ONTARIO IS COMING TO RAID YOU GUYS.

Hype hype hype hype hype. Only in Ottawa? I hope it's easy...(that was easy)

5 days! Crew MM?

Niko_K

Smash Master
Wait what the?!? You're coming?! How is this possible!? also are you driving?!

EDIT: I'm bringing two power bars

Fogel

Smash Lord
%100 Percent confirmed coming. See ya guys there!!!

****ing greyhounds a *****... $120 >.<
Do you need housing, and if so what nights are you staying (ie: Friday and Saturday or just Saturday)?

I just registered on allisbrawl. This is shaping up to be one hell of a tourney!
Same questions as for Niko_K. Also, how are you getting up here (car, train, bus, ...)?

double post.

With 10 setups I think you guys should reconsider a 32 man bracket.
I don't think there will be time. 10 setups is still nowhere near enough for ~60 people.

WarranThad

Smash Ace
32 person bracket is absolutely silly.

first round would probably take an hour by itself. ugh.

Fogel

Smash Lord
For singles, there will be 8 pools; top 2 advance from each pool into the top 16 bracket. Pools will not be posted in advance this time around.

@Ambrose's car people: You guys can stay with me since it looks like you're the only carload coming up.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Top 2! Thats hardcore... sounds like good fun to me.

(Assuming Toronto+Niagra are split up of course <3 Fogel)

WarranThad

Smash Ace
dont worry montreal will beast everyone like always even if we never play the game

kind of like melee.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
For singles, there will be 8 pools; top 2 advance from each pool into the top 16 bracket. Pools will not be posted in advance this time around.

@Ambrose's car people: You guys can stay with me since it looks like you're the only carload coming up.
ewww.. Top 2? omg..

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
dont worry montreal will beast everyone like always even if we never play the game

kind of like melee.
Care to put some money on that?

Toronto has been making MM challenges left and right, and none of you have stepped up for anything. Doesn't look very beastly to me.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Same questions as for Niko_K. Also, how are you getting up here (car, train, bus, ...)?
I'm gonna be driving, and I plan on getting a motel for the night actually. I need a good sleep for the next day since I'm gonna take a road trip to New Brunswick to visit relatives the day after.

Since the first posts says doubles will be first and I don't want to be in doubles... is it cool if I have either Niko or Percon register me for singles when we need to register. That way I can get there a bit later with a bit more rest and still make it for singles.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Warran Thad is troll

WarranThad's post is a troll, trolling us into being off guard.

Honestly, I quote MDK "This is brawl man, anything can happen," but yknow...Niagara + GTA > montreal

Top Bottom