• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Twilight Heroes: Clan War w/High Voltage!!

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Hmm, maybe we should make the first page have more eye candy if you would, so people are more interested in checking out the forums. Just a thought. Stuff like sigs, some members, and if you can make the URL to the forums bigger so people will notice it. Again just a thought
Thats what i was thinkng of, we should show that were to rank.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
I've been busting my *** and PM members of haven't registered to the forum (and doing this while fighting an annoying headache and drowziness), so I hope they freaking show to the **** thing! PRAISE ME, PRAISE MEEEEE!!! :)

:3

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Awesome another member to the clan...and hopefully the forum! Don't make me send you a PM dun, dun, duuuuuun!

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
Count me in! LoZ is one of my favorite series and a reason why I love SSBB! I'll be at the tournament in NY March 8th!

Name: DivineBlade
E-mail: FrankJWH@aol.com IM: FrankJWH (aol)
FC: Let u know soon!!

Aleol

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, we should create a Link guide when Brawl comes out and we've had it a few days weeks. It would be good for anyone who's new with link

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
A few questions, hopefully these haven't been answered yet...
What occurs in a clan? Basically, what's the point of it?
Basically all of us Link players can get together and play each other. Also, we'll have friendly matches with our allies (see 1st post) and rivals (see 1st post). Also, I'll be devising Link-only tournaments, but only to members. Finally, if we get any more enemies (we have just 1) we'll have "wars" with them.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I forgot to say this...but...

HAPPY BRAWLING!!

Please don't edit your profile with your friend code, that would make it a horror for me to update your profile.

Instead, I would please ask you to pm your FC to any of the following people thru SWF:

Me (Terywj)
Lecto2007
ODIN787
Grining_Ghoul
Twin_A
Aleol

If you didn't send it to me, I would like the others to pm me a list of all the friend codes they received, ok?

-Ter

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
hahahahahaha happy brawling?????hahahaha im still tba how about me??????? and i can';t import if i dont get a date im gonna punch someone in the face [most likely mr.iwata]

BattleChrist

Smash Lord
You should put me in the link clan.

SWF name: BattleChrist
E-mail:jim66615@hotmail.com
IM: (jim66615@hotmail.com)
FC: (Don't have it yet:()

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Hey Terywj! Just checking in to see what's going on, oh, and to also let you know that I haven't been pmed with anyones FCs. Nice to have you BattleChrist, "Back with a vengence" LMAO!!! XD

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Man...never "submit" a video, as I type i've been "submitting" the same video for about 30 mins already and what sucks is that when I tried to send it to a friend it wouldn't let me (and yes i've got their Wii# and BC and yes they registered mine as well) it said something about "3 points"??? Anyone know how to send a friend a vid through wifi?

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Yo,
Don't you think we should be delegating Moderators for our forums in the upcoming weeks as were bound to get more members now that brawl is released.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
I've recieved 2...but I don't know if they were ment to be personal (sent to me cuz they wated to play) or official (for the clan forum)?

Oh well, I submitted them to Terywj and entered them in my wii anyway. XD

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
OH! Oops, XD. Oh well, things have pretty much come to a screeching hault anyways...I wonder when they'll pick up again?

Umby

Smash Master
I'm not going to bash anyone, but I legitimately would like to know why you would make a clan. Keep in mind I'm coming from Netbattle, where clans are generally looked down upon.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
But thats netbattle, and this isn't so we'll have clans here and then not net battle where were looked down upon. Simple.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
But thats just it it's a community more centered around one specific point. Any of us could go on the Link forum and say "Hey I would like to brawl and talk about link" but a clan makes that more efficient and easier for us. Plus it helps us get better quicker through more practice. Again it's as if you wanted to get good at wrestling. You could just sit at home and watch videos on how to, or you could go out and join the high school team were you would get the practice you wanted (in this example the clan is the team).

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
But thats just it it's a community more centered around one specific point. Any of us could go on the Link forum and say "Hey I would like to brawl and talk about link" but a clan makes that more efficient and easier for us. Plus it helps us get better quicker through more practice. Again it's as if you wanted to get good at wrestling. You could just sit at home and watch videos on how to, or you could go out and join the high school team were you would get the practice you wanted (in this example the clan is the team).
My poinmt exactly you cant look down on people because they don't do the same thing as you or the same strategy.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
Other huge benefits from having a clan with its own forum is not fighting with this **** site! You know how congested it gets here on SWF!? Usually on a daily basis there are thousands of ppl on SWF and its nearly impossible to get where you want to without the site crapping out on you! Plus it's simpler to set up matches between each other due to better organization and plannin not just spur of the moment "You guys wanna brawl" requests and I can go on and on about how we become closer friends from being in our own little community then just the idle "hi" you get from being in something as big as SWF!

Umby

Smash Master
Iirc, you can talk about Brawl Link in the Brawl Link forum. Nothing really changes in the case of this clan. I mean, you've already joined the forum for the purpose of discussing various things, of which have been narrowed down by providing specific forums. I don't see how a clan makes getting better "quicker," unless you were going to exclude information and help from those who aren't members of the clan, which wouldn't be much of a move.

edit: and if you really wanted to solve the issue of everyone asking for matches, it's easier to influence people to collect the IMs of their fellow users, or participate more often in IRC, where just about the only thing that goes down are people asking for matches.

Legan

Smash Lord
Iirc, you can talk about Brawl Link in the Brawl Link forum. Nothing really changes in the case of this clan. I mean, you've already joined the forum for the purpose of discussing various things, of which have been narrowed down by providing specific forums. I don't see how a clan makes getting better "quicker," unless you were going to exclude information and help from those who aren't members of the clan, which wouldn't be much of a move.

edit: and if you really wanted to solve the issue of everyone asking for matches, it's easier to influence people to collect the IMs of their fellow users, or participate more often in IRC, where just about the only thing that goes down are people asking for matches.
The real question is what is the point of you raining on their parade? Its completely positive and it provides a great sense of comradery amongst fellow link players. Thats enough reason for its existence.

Grining_Ghoul

Smash Apprentice
The real question is what is the point of you raining on their parade? Its completely positive and it provides a great sense of comradery amongst fellow link players. Thats enough reason for its existence.
Very good point and pretty much what I was saying! It's not bad nor does it waste anyones time who doesn't care cfor clans like yourself. We could stay here on SWF and pretend to be a tight-knit group of Link users and have ppl come in and give us a hard time for it or we can have our own place (like we do) to discuss things. You also didn't acknowledge what I said about this site gets overloaded with ppl and can be frustrating to use when it happens, which is often!

Top Bottom