• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash IV!! February 7, Featuring our first LOW-TIER TOURNEY

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
PRINT OUT THE FLYER AND HELP ADVERTISE:
http://www.zshare.net/download/545191836ccb2cd9/

if you're on facebook, hit up the event page and let me know if you're coming.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=55243915298
Also if you're interested in more Tuscaloosa events join this group.
http://www.new.facebook.com/group.php?gid=37186000248

Address for Google Maps:
706 Riverside Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

that's a relatively new street, and I'm pretty sure google doesn't have it. So if it's not there, Use this one.

140 Hackberry Lane
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401

which is Rose Towers, right across the street, when you get there, just give me a call 205-401-7589 and I can help you out.

For those that are coming from out of town, this map might help. The address is listed in the event info for Google Maps purposes, but really all you need to do is go I-20 West if your coming from/through GA/B'ham, or I-20 East if you're coming from/through Mississppi. and get off on Exit 73/Mcfarland Blvd--turn right (if you're coming from b'ham---left if you're coming from Mississippi) onto Mcfarland, and go straight for a mile or two, until you reach the Jack Warner Pkwy Exit. (you will pass the University Blvd and Campus Dr. exits)...the Jack Warner exit is a deep curve that splits into two, you want to take the curve on the right-hand side...then you will be at the upper-right hand area of the map I've provided above. Follow the purple line. Turn onto hackberry lane, it is at a stop light.. After that take the first left, you will see Rose Towers to your left (building 204 on the map). Riverside is to your right...and the building the tournament is being held at (the yellow dot with the black X/building 141) is behind the building that you initially see on the right when you turn in. The purple circles are the ideal parking places. On weekends, you won't get ticketed unless you park in a spot that isn't a real parking spot (like in the grass), or in a handicapped spot. Also avoid faculty (green) spots, i'm not sure if they ticket you for parking there, but to be on the safe side, try to avoid them. Use the map to find the building, if you need help, call me (Kevin) at 205-401-7589

Registration begins at 10 A.M. and the tournament begins at 11 P.M. CENTRAL TIME and is slated to end at 11 P.M. I will probably be there around 9:30 A.M., so feel free to show up early and get some practice in.

Events: Brawl Doubles (Double Elimination Bracket), followed by Low Tier and Brawl Singles Pools (if there is enough people), followed by Brawl Singles Bracket (Double Elimination)

Entrance fees : $10 for singles, and $10 per person for doubles. $5 for Low Tier Tournament
Meaning if you want to enter brawl Doubles and brawl singles as well as Low Tier, you will need $25

PRIZES for all tournaments :
1st 60%, 2nd 30%, 3rd 10% of the prize pool.

BRAWL RULES:
3 STOCKS
7 MINUTE TIME LIMIT
ALL ITEMS OFF, EVEN SMASHBALLS.
TEAM ATTACK ON (For Doubles)
STOCK SHARING IS ALLOWED

Tired of getting owned by gay Metaknight and Snake players? Try our $5 low tier tournament, where only the worst characters are allowed (as decided by the backroom on smashboards.com). Rules are the same as above, except the only characters allowed are:
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

Rules about Suicide moves: If a round ends with a Suicide move, such as Bowser's and Ganondorf's foward B, as well as Kirby and Dedede's swallow suicides, Sudden Death will NOT be PLAYED, the match will be awarded to the player who initiated the suicide attack.

Neutral Stages: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Island, Lylat Cruise, Smashville

Banned Stages: Green Hill Zone, Hanenbow, Corneria, Green Greens, Mushroomy Kingdom [Overworld/Underworld], 75m, Rumble Falls, Bridge of Eldin, Wario Ware, Distant Planet, New Pork City, Pirate Ship, Skyworld, Temple, Yoshi's Island (Pipes), Onett, Spear Pillar, Mario Bros., Mario Circuit, Flat Zone 2, The Summit, Big Blue, Pokemon Stadium 2, Port Town Aero Drive, Shadow Moses Island

Every other stage is available as a counterpick.

Additional Info:
BRING. YOUR. OWN. CONTROLLER. You can use any type of controller you like.

If you have a modded wii, the only mod allowed is the no-tripping hack. All other hacks must be turned off.
No "I would have won if I played on the modded wii"-Johns.

Money matches, friendlies, etc. will be happening whenever one can be squeezed in. However, please do not slow down the pace of the tourney due to friendlies, if you are asked to relinquish your TV for a tourney match, please do so. If you are doing a money match, you may finish it (but please, be smart about the timing and choice of when), but friendly matches will forfeit if a tourney or money match needs the setup. This isn't being rude, just common sense. Match tier list is: tourney > money > friendly. Respect the tier!

In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, if the players can't agree on a solution, this is the official ruling: if any rounds have been completed, they will be kept, but the match during which there was a malfunction will be started completely over, although characters and stages must be the same. But if the two players can agree to something reasonable, that's fine.

All decisions made by tournament officials are final. I will designate the tournament officials at the event.

Don't do dumb **** like any sort of freeze glitch, and stalling the match is banned. Note: Camping is not Stalling. Stalling is when it is clear that you don't intend to play the match or engage your opponent. Moves such as Metaknight Infinite Dimensional Cape Glitch and Sonic's B stall under the stage are banned.

The only controller mod allowed is the removal of the springs in your L and/or R triggers. Every other control mod is banned, and you will be DQ'd if caught using one. Mods that are purely cosmetic/aesthetic are allowed, such as paintjobs/lights. Turbo buttons are banned. You may use controllers that have this function, but you are not allowed to use the turbo. If you're caught you'll be DQ'd yadda yadda.

Again, BRING SET UPS. Even if you can't bring a full set up, BRING SOMETHING, whether it is a TV, a console or a game, or a surge protector.

NOTE: the address listed here is actually that of Rose Towers which is across the street. The actual address of the place isn't on google maps. Call Kevin at 205-401-7589 if you need help getting to the place.

Call, message, or email me, if you want more detailed rules about how the tournament works.

PRINT OUT THE FLYER AND HELP ADVERTISE:
http://www.zshare.net/download/545191836ccb2cd9/

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hmmm, the new tier list comes out tomorrow...

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Well, Ness is still low tier. I'm guessing bottom tier is also legal for the low-tier tourney?

3GOD

Smash Ace
I will do my best to make it to this and try to bring a couple of dudes as well.

Low-tier sounds fun, but I'm not really sure who I'll play.

Sudai

Stuff here
So, I might be going to this. (What? Lousiana-Alabama interelations in smash? Blaphemous!)

The deciding factors?
-How many people are expected to go to this?
-Does anyone want to team with me? (I'm probably bringing a friend, but he really sucks, but I might team with him anyway. XD)
-Is the rest of Louisiana planning to go to CoT4 or HOBO14. (This is the main thing.)

So if anyone can answer the first two questions for me, I'd be greatly appreciative. : )

Edit: Oh yeah, and housing would be appreciated too. It'd just be me + 1 guy probably. :x

nice1

Smash Lord
i might be able to make it i gotta see if my bro be off first but if i do come i'ma need a partner

3GOD

Smash Ace
I'm definitely coming and may bring someone also.

Will_ - If you're not already teaming with someone else, we should team up as Ness & Lucas. My Lucas is pretty decent now and we could heal each other for long life. Or we could do a Meta Knight/Wario team for 1st place.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely coming and may bring someone also.

Will_ - If you're not already teaming with someone else, we should team up as Ness & Lucas. My Lucas is pretty decent now and we could heal each other for long life. Or we could do a Meta Knight/Wario team for 1st place.
Sounds good. You got a team name?

_Keno_

Smash Lord
For some reason Alabama tourny owners like to schedule tournaments on ACT and SAT test days....

Oh well, I'll probably just be late and just go to low-tier and singles. =(

And NESn00b, are you coming to this???

3GOD

Smash Ace
So, I heard a rumor that Will_ will be going to Philadelphia for a national tournament instead of this one...is this true Will_?

Will_

Smash Journeyman
So, I heard a rumor that Will_ will be going to Philadelphia for a national tournament instead of this one...is this true Will_?
It looks like we got Philly-canceled so DK will be present at this tournament. Though I'm waiting on confirmation from reflex.

btw, is anyone brining recording equipment?

nice1

Smash Lord
lol np thought he would have told u but idk hope u can make it and play ally. i would like to know how your dk would do against him

Kalm

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Unibias
3DS FC
1650-2449-3447
I seriously doubt that's going to cause any trouble.

Crap, I was hoping the D3 infinite was getting banned around now, guess I can't expect it this tourny though. Hopefully I won't have to waterfall a torrent of johns about it at any point. =3

Pika_Cam

Smash Ace
I seriously doubt that's going to cause any trouble.

Crap, I was hoping the D3 infinite was getting banned around now, guess I can't expect it this tourny though. Hopefully I won't have to waterfall a torrent of johns about it at any point. =3
I didn't think so either. I'm just checking. I'd hate a tourney match to be void for such a silly technicality.

Top Bottom