• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tuscaloosa Competitive Smash IV!! February 7, Featuring our first LOW-TIER TOURNEY

popsofctown

Smash Champion
T1J, what do you think about the concept of Wario-camping? (jumping and floating around, charging the fart, while ahead or not ahead). DanGR did it a bunch in practice today, i don't think he intends to do it at the tournament though.
Either ruling on that is reasonable really.

anomaly

Smash Apprentice
This is gonna be fun. I'll probably just enter singles and play friendlies, so I hope you're doing pools, cause I don't plan to get too far. ;p

Also, good luck Will & Reflex! Alabama represennttt.

nice1

Smash Lord
T1J, what do you think about the concept of Wario-camping? (jumping and floating around, charging the fart, while ahead or not ahead). DanGR did it a bunch in practice today, i don't think he intends to do it at the tournament though.
Either ruling on that is reasonable really.
who were u using?

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hey T1J you know any hotels near the place?
there are lots of hotels on Mcfarland Blvd which is like 2 minutes from campus which is where the tournament is. I dont know the prices of them though. my guess is something like motel 6 or best value inn would be cheapest

@ pika cam, that mod is fine.

@ pops, as always, camping is perfectly fine. intentionally stalling the match is whats a problem. If he spends 8 minutes without ever attacking you, then that's stalling. but that would be ******** anyway, and he'd probably lose his stocks before anyone accused him of stalling

@ parker, yes unless there are only like 12 entrants, I should be doing pools

_Keno_

Smash Lord
well, assuming the tourny starts late like always, and there is a decent turn-out (at least for doubles)...then I should be able to make it for low tier and singles.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I'm definitely coming and may bring someone also.

Will_ - If you're not already teaming with someone else, we should team up as Ness & Lucas. My Lucas is pretty decent now and we could heal each other for long life. Or we could do a Meta Knight/Wario team for 1st place.
</3

R.I.P. Team 3GOD & WHO? :(

nice1

Smash Lord
there are lots of hotels on Mcfarland Blvd which is like 2 minutes from campus which is where the tournament is. I dont know the prices of them though. my guess is something like motel 6 or best value inn would be cheapest

@ pika cam, that mod is fine.

@ pops, as always, camping is perfectly fine. intentionally stalling the match is whats a problem. If he spends 8 minutes without ever attacking you, then that's stalling. but that would be ******** anyway, and he'd probably lose his stocks before anyone accused him of stalling

@ parker, yes unless there are only like 12 entrants, I should be doing pools
aight thanx T1J i'ma check on them today

Winnar

Smash Lord
Sorry dude, I didn't know for sure if you were coming when I posted that...I will definitely team with you if you're still planning to come (and if you forgive me).
Haha, it's cool man, I was just joking around anyway.

And besides, if you still want to team with Will (if he's coming) I'd be cool with it. :D

...It'd probably serve me right for bailing on you at almost literally the last minute the last tourney. XD

Winnar

Smash Lord
Wow, I suddenly am in love with Brawl. Sort of. It's really weird, maybe I'm just falling in love with tournaments.

If someone could post those vids of me vs DanGR in the singles losers finals, I would appreciate it super very much. I need to see those matches again to see if they were as amazing and fast paced as they felt like.

Also results:
Actually T1J posted a much more thorough results thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6582963#post6582963

Oh, and in case it wasn't clear I'm "WHO?"

P.S. In case this too wasn't clear SOMEONE UPLOAD THOSE MATCHES D:

Top Bottom