• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turbo Mode General Discussion Thread - Now with 80% less meat.

Who do you want to see in the next Turbo Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
If you were expecting a short Turbo Tuesday this week, I have failed you ;)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
There isn't a set time for Turbo videos to be released and there never has been. Calm down bros. It'll be posted when it's uploaded.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oh man, that was awesome. I'm not sure who had the dirtiest combo, it might've been Zelda near the end though, that was so sick.

turtletank

Smash Journeyman
Nay, I still have years of hype to release upon this thread. DID YOU SEE THOSE ALTS!? OMGOMGASFEWRUHWEJKGNSD

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
So new costumes I thought I saw.

MGS1 Snake at the beginning (not sure about this as Lucario's Aura got in the way, thought I saw a vest though)

Shadow Queen Peach

Dry Bowser

Mr. L

Melee Fox

Melee/OOT Adult Link

Red and Black ROB

Fortress

Smash Master
I saw all of those, also. I'm sure that ROB was just given a bunch of recolors, to be honest. I wouldn't doubt the possibility of there being more.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Pretty sure ROB's new alt is inspired by the virtual boy colour scheme

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
So, how did that Zelda combo even work? It seems like she was canceling teleports into teleports, but I know you can't do that in Turbo. Is there something I'm missing?

RKM

Smash Cadet
So turns out everyone who voted in the poll was right.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
How do I delete the poll? Have you guys been purposely dodging my question for 3 weeks now?

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
So, how did that Zelda combo even work? It seems like she was canceling teleports into teleports, but I know you can't do that in Turbo. Is there something I'm missing?

But you can. You can cancel smashes and specials into themselves.

Also, for those wondering, with regards to ROB's alt it is based on Virtual Boy colours. But in addition to this the head is pretty much identical to the head of the Virtual Boy (as opposed to ROB's head):

Fortress

Smash Master
I'm just going to assume that most of the Melee cast has their Melee costume re-done for a Brawl setting. Characters like Kirby and Yoshi will get more colors, ROB will have more consoles to represent, and... I don't know what for D3 and MK.

But you can. You can cancel smashes and specials into themselves.
That's disgusting. Those Zelda carries, man.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
When they said it would be unleashed i was actually thinking they would have s really cool lucario turbo, but hot diggity damn i never imagined THIS

I MEAN

DID YOU SEE MELEE FOX? DID YOU SEE THE COMBO???

GOD BLESS YOU BEINGS OF LIGHT
Project M: Now with 100% more DrillShines

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
When they said it would be unleashed i was actually thinking they would have s really cool lucario turbo, but hot diggity damn i never imagined THIS

I MEAN

DID YOU SEE MELEE FOX? DID YOU SEE THE COMBO???

GOD BLESS YOU BEINGS OF LIGHT
I saw them too! It`s almost like we all watched the same video!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Certain specials go into multiple actions throughout their duration, Zelda's UpB being one of them. The turbo coding allows you to cancel so long as you aren't canceling into the same action you're in. IIRC, Zelda is actually canceling her Up-B Ending (which has a hitbox) into Up-B Start.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
This is extremely relevant.

------------------
I'm really still wondering if Turbo Mode will be available in classic/stadium modes

Top Bottom