• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turbo Mode General Discussion Thread - Now with 80% less meat.

Who do you want to see in the next Turbo Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Ok I take it back sorry!

Lets just say it will release sometime in 2013

Phaiyte

Smash Ace
So, how did that Zelda combo even work? It seems like she was canceling teleports into teleports, but I know you can't do that in Turbo. Is there something I'm missing?

I saw aerial kicks in between cancelling into upB again on frame 2-3

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Now that Project M 3.0 and Turbo Mode has been released, I felt it would be great to get this thread alive and kicking again.

Have you made a Turbo Mode related video be it TASed, a Combo Video, or just messing around? Post it here for free publicity!

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Wario's Up-B can cancel into itself. I recommend going as high as possible and then farting to KO you both.
Don't get me started on this.

Me and some friends were playing 4 player turbo mode, My brother pulled this off on my friend and he raged so hard.

Like. Screaming hard. Not in the point of real rage that you don't want to be around but the kind of rage that makes you laugh hysterically.

We actually had to pause the game to try and stop laughing because it was just too good.

Then my brother got the smash orb and did it in Wario-Man form. IT WAS EVEN MORE GLORIOUS.

Cavistus

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone. I figured I'd post my channel here. I make TAS videos, mainly consisting of Turbo Mode. I'm still learning though, but it's been a blast making these videos.​

I'm pretty addicted to this stuff, and I hope to one day be as good as TAS legends such as versat13. I don't use frame-by-frame recording though; I only slow the game down to 10fps.​
I'll post links to the TAS videos I've made in order of least to most recent:​
Roy vs Wolf
Link vs Zero Suit Samus
Ike vs Ivysaur
Marth vs 3 CPUs
Samus vs Kirby
Sonic vs Zelda
I plan to make videos for every character eventually. I usually upload one video every 2 days. Come check it out~​

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Hey everyone. I figured I'd post my channel here. I make TAS videos, mainly consisting of Turbo Mode. I'm still learning though, but it's been a blast making these videos.​

I'm pretty addicted to this stuff, and I hope to one day be as good as TAS legends such as versat13. I don't use frame-by-frame recording though; I only slow the game down to 10fps.​
Roy vs Wolf
Link vs Zero Suit Samus
Ike vs Ivysaur
Marth vs 3 CPUs
Samus vs Kirby
Sonic vs Zelda
I plan to make videos for every character eventually. I usually upload one video every 2 days. Come check it out~​
I am very impressed with your outstanding TAS work and I can really see the progression in your abilities as the videos go on. I can`t wait to see what you do next.

Veishi336

Smash Journeyman

Roy vs Wolf
Link vs Zero Suit Samus
Ike vs Ivysaur
Marth vs 3 CPUs
Samus vs Kirby
Sonic vs Zelda
your sonic one was just stunning. especially the last stock of zelda

Cavistus

Smash Rookie
Hahah hey thanks everyone, glad you like them. Just so anyone doesn't get confused, those are Tool Assisted videos, meaning that I use save-states and rerecords to reverse mistakes, and eliminate things like reaction time and human error. They aren't a display of my skill as a player; they're purely for entertainment value. ;p

And to answer the question about CPUs, all CPUs in the videos are level 9 except for the Marth video, in which I think I bumped them down to 8 to see if there was any difference. It might seem like they aren't level 9, but that's also attributed to the TAS aspect. In these videos, I heavily abuse AI manipulation by performing specific actions at specific frames. For instance, if I want to keep the CPU alive as long as I can, I rewind states until the CPU techs the wall rather than bouncing off of it to his death. You can manipulate pretty much anything with the AI from the movement to Smash DI.

I'm not good enough to play two characters at the same time yet; that definitely requires frame-by-frame recording which I don't have the patience or experience for. I do hope to do it in the future though; team TAS videos are some of the craziest stuff I've ever witnessed. As for right now though, I'm still getting the feel for TASing Project M in general; making sure my replays don't desync, etc.

Anyways, thanks for watching! Glad you guys liked them. I'll be making more videos soon.

Cavistus

Smash Rookie
Yo, sup folks. I uploaded a new video today~

I had a whole bunch of recordings that weren't good enough to warrant their own video, but they still had some pretty sick combos so I compiled the good parts into this video. enjoy~

Pixxler

Smash Cadet
So i watched your video now and really like it! :grin: but i also have a question
you said you are also (like me) not able to play two characters at the same time but then i saw that ike vs marth
so does that mean that you're able to do it? if yes, can you tell me how you do it?

Cavistus

Smash Rookie
So i watched your video now and really like it! :grin: but i also have a question
you said you are also (like me) not able to play two characters at the same time but then i saw that ike vs marth
so does that mean that you're able to do it? if yes, can you tell me how you do it?
That was actually my very first real two-player TAS, and also one of my first frame-by-frame TASes, so it took me about an hour and a half to record. There's no real trick to it, other than frame-by-frame is absolutely necessary. I just buckled down and learned as I went. I have an xbox controller hooked up to P1, and my keyboard is mapped to P2, so I just had one hand on my controller and the other on my keyboard. The main issue for me was getting wavedashing down on the keyboard. Trying to wavedash on a controller AND a keyboard at the same time is really really really awkward.

My advice would be to map your keyboard as comfortably as you can, and memorize those keybinds. Eventually you start to get used to it.

Pixxler

Smash Cadet
That was actually my very first real two-player TAS, and also one of my first frame-by-frame TASes, so it took me about an hour and a half to record. There's no real trick to it, other than frame-by-frame is absolutely necessary. I just buckled down and learned as I went. I have an xbox controller hooked up to P1, and my keyboard is mapped to P2, so I just had one hand on my controller and the other on my keyboard. The main issue for me was getting wavedashing down on the keyboard. Trying to wavedash on a controller AND a keyboard at the same time is really really really awkward.

My advice would be to map your keyboard as comfortably as you can, and memorize those keybinds. Eventually you start to get used to it.

I asked two other people who make 2 player TASes and they said they play with 10 fps ... i can`t imagine how i should do that xD
so you press`and hold the buttons on your controller and keyboard and then press next frame?

Cavistus

Smash Rookie
Yup, that's what I do anyways. I'm sure there are other ways around it, but I think it's going to be awkward no matter what.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Dolphin has a TAS Input option in the Emulation tab that would make that a lot easier.

Also, how are you recording these videos? I can't seem to figure out how.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Dolphin has a TAS Input option in the Emulation tab that would make that a lot easier.

I don`t make TAS videos but when I record my computer I use Microsoft Expression Encoder 4 Screen Capture.

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
That wouldn't work, because when making TAS videos, you're running the game extremely slow, and speeding it up later. TAS videos are usually recorded using some kind of built-in emulator recording feature, but I've had trouble making Dolphin's work the way I want.

Pixxler

Smash Cadet
I actually record the replay of my TAS with Dolphin. In the graphic options make a check at dump frames in the dsp options at dump audio. Then start the game and it starts recording.
The output folder for the AVI files is documents/dolphinemulator/dump/frames(for video)audio(for sound) then put it together with a video editing programm like windows movie maker or something else. sry for my english i`m german xD

Cavistus

Smash Rookie

Well, I don't record using dolphin at all. I play the match, TAS it, etc, and save the replay at the end of the match. If I didn't pause the game during the match, or dolphin doesn't crash during the match, the replay -shouldn't- desync (although of course it still does sometimes). Then I go back to my replays and literally capture the replay directly using Bandicam. I have a pretty powerful computer, so I don't get much FPS loss when recording.

I'll have to try out TAS input sometime, but it looks kinda daunting and painfully tedious...

EDIT: Oh, also, I have every speedhack enabled. By some stroke of miraculous luck, speedhacks don't cause desyncs with in-game replays.

Top Bottom