• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turbo Mode General Discussion Thread - Now with 80% less meat.

Who do you want to see in the next Turbo Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I'm really still wondering if Turbo Mode will be available in classic/stadium modes
I'm hoping that by the time the game is out of the demo phase we'll have Classic Mode with a Turbo battle near the end.

Turbo Marth could be to Project M what Metal Mario was to Smash 64. It'd also be neat to battle a Turbo cpu as a normal player.

Edit: OH MY GOD TURBO GIGA BOWSER!

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Saito: According to SOJ, you'll be able to play Turbo in other modes by way of GCT hacking. See also: the Ike and Mario videos.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Now that the series that struck our hearts is over, I have decided to make this a turbo mode general discussion thread. I am going to do my best to post as much confirmed information as I can.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Saito: According to SOJ, you'll be able to play Turbo in other modes by way of GCT hacking. See also: the Ike and Mario videos.
I'm off to google to figure out what that is now.

If this is something that can't be done on hackless P:M my soul will be crushed.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I'm off to google to figure out what that is now.

If this is something that can't be done on hackless P:M my soul will be crushed.
I am pretty sure gct hacking refers to the .gct file in the codes folder that you can edit with gct editor and ocarina code manager.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I am pretty sure gct hacking refers to the .gct file in the codes folder that you can edit with gct editor and ocarina code manager.
This is all a foreign language to me since the first time I even started modifying files in Project M was....yesterday.

Burnsy

Smash Lord
He's basically saying that if you insert a PMBR released code (P:M's Turbo single player) into your own personal Project M codeset, then single player will be in Turbo mode. There wouldn't actually be a function for turning it off in game, so if you wanted to switch back you'd probably want to keep a backup codeset handy.

Trinsic

Smash Apprentice
I'm half expecting an item that activates turbo mode for a limited time. This way turbo can be available in stadium and one-player modes.

Super Turbo Curry, or something.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
He's basically saying that if you insert a PMBR released code (P:M's Turbo single player) into your own personal Project M codeset, then single player will be in Turbo mode. There wouldn't actually be a function for turning it off in game, so if you wanted to switch back you'd probably want to keep a backup codeset handy.
Well that's disheartening.
I'm half expecting an item that activates turbo mode for a limited time. This way turbo can be available in stadium and one-player modes.

Super Turbo Curry, or something.
....If they replaced Curry's effects entirely with turbo mode I think that will become my new favorite item.

****. I"M HYPE FOR THAT TO BE REAL.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Not to rush you guys or anything,but since turbo tuesdays are over when will we have a release of demo 3.0?

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Not to rush you guys or anything,but since turbo tuesdays are over when will we have a release of demo 3.0?
Confirmed for Winter 2013.

Mad hype I know.

I'm getting my nonexistent son P:M for Christmas. It's the best present because it's amazing and it won't cost me anything. :smirk:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Great!Now I have something to do over winter break.

One last question will I be able to play these as a .iso?I know I can play project m on an iso,but can I play as the clone engine characters?

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Great!Now I have something to do over winter break.

One last question will I be able to play these as a .iso?I know I can play project m on an iso,but can I play as the clone engine characters?
I believe so, but I think you will have to get the iso yourself

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I use dolphin,butt mostly usb loader gx because my wii disk drive broke so I have a flash drive with games on it.

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
I use dolphin,butt mostly usb loader gx because my wii disk drive broke so I have a flash drive with games on it.
Then you should be fine. Just use a Virtual SD Card to load the hacks on Dolphin and of course a regular SD card for your Wii.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Ok thanks for the help!

Demo 3.0 should release tomorrow because it snowed where I live already.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Ok thanks for the help!

Demo 3.0 should release tomorrow because it snowed where I live already.
If we were going by that logic then 3.0 would never get released for me since it hasn't snowed for about 7 years where I live :scared:

JADE, TAKE IT BACK.
TAKE IT BACK.

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
It never snows in a desert... Please no, I dont want that

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
So.. are we thinking perhaps we'll have new updates coming soon that don't relate to Turbo mode? Like perhaps next week some time we may have some costume reveals or returning fighter reveals?

MVP

Smash Ace
ZSS wasn't in the turbo finale....

:samus: CONFIRMED

this was my thoughts exactly. they said they might release another turbo vid before the release.

turbo zss = samus confirmed

i might die if she isnt released... waited to long for glory

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
this was my thoughts exactly. they said they might release another turbo vid before the release.

Ooooooo, could you imagine her going turbo on someone, using her FS during the combo, turning into Samus, and then finishing up the combo?

mind = blown

MVP

Smash Ace
Ooooooo, could you imagine her going turbo on someone, using her FS during the combo, turning into Samus, and then finishing up the combo?

mind = blown

yes yes yes yes yes

PS: yes yes yes yes yes

XalchemistX

Smash Ace
NNID
Alchemistx

I guess you can say... we're livin' on a prayer on the edge of glory. :cool:

splat

Smash Lord
ZSS wasn't in the turbo finale....

:samus: CONFIRMED

To put this in perspective:
Diddy Kong did not appear in any video at all since the April Fools video. At least Zamus got pummeled every now and then.

I think Ivysaur is the only character that shares this 'accomplishment' with Diddy.

Top Bottom