• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Turbo Mode General Discussion Thread - Now with 80% less meat.

Who do you want to see in the next Turbo Tuesday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
BTW, I updated the credits of every video link with the game that is being played on the screen, just in case.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Oh man, that Gdorf vs Falcon fight was SO good!

lukifer

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, the CF vid relied on up-B a lot to keep the combos going. It's kind of a necessity though for characters that don't have many low-knockback moves. Turbo Bowser will almost certainly rely on the Koopa Klaw for extended combos.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
BTW, I updated the credits of every video link with the game that is being played on the screen, just in case.
Thank you so much for doing this work.

To be fair, the CF vid relied on up-B a lot to keep the combos going. It's kind of a necessity though for characters that don't have many low-knockback moves. Turbo Bowser will almost certainly rely on the Koopa Klaw for extended combos.
Yeah pretty much. I liked having Link on my team because I could cancel out my high kb moves with his.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Looks like Lucas is in the lead with 7 votes. Maybe if PMBR does do Lucaa next they could maybe reveal a competitive New Pork City. I say this because Fourside doesn't lend itself to beinf modded with Mother 3 songs (though Battle Against a Machine sounds awesome on Fourside).

I wouldn't mind a Ness TT either, and Pajama Ness would be HYPE

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
It took me 5 hours to find out what game that was. I thought it was Street Fighter 5 at first.
I tried to throw you off as much as possible with combos from UMVC3, Street Fighter 2 HD Turbo, Arcana Heart, and Melty Blood. Never thought you'd figure it out that fast.

But in seriousness, I appreciate you making this thread.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Year of ze ruigi?
No, it makes too much sense to vote for a character whose Turbo Tuesday will bring forth a new costume reveal. We can't have that now!

I'm saving my vote and will use it strategically, so if a character campaign starts up at the last minute I can help out.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to apologize to the community this week. If you were expecting a full length Turbo Tuesday I have failed you. As I was moving my replay data around I accidentally over-wrote some files and lost hours of work I put into this week. Realizing this yesterday I stayed up all night to record combos but could only get 3 done before passing out and having to go to work today.

I'm really sorry but I promise to HEAVILY make up for it next week if you guys can stick around <3

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I'd like to apologize to the community this week. If you were expecting a full length Turbo Tuesday I have failed you. As I was moving my replay data around I accidentally over-wrote some files and lost hours of work I put into this week. Realizing this yesterday I stayed up all night to record combos but could only get 3 done before passing out and having to go to work today.

I'm really sorry but I promise to HEAVILY make up for it next week if you guys can stick around <3
You already gave me what ive wanted, so no worries :3

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Just make it a Turbo Thursday, with a costume reveal because Halloween!

Whatever you do, keep it up. Turbo Tuesdays are the best, I love your work.

MVP

Smash Ace
come on people, ZSS is 3 votes behind lucas!!!!!

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
the real issue is that ROB isn't in the lead by double
c'mon peeps, don'tchya wanna see how well canceling into RoboBoost and out of GoGoGadget ArmFlail work in turbo mode?

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
Come on, let's see the Hero of Time in action. He was made a punching bag in Melee Impossible and we only got maybe 20 seconds of Turbo Link through Turbo Ganon which doesn't really show much since Ganon was cleaning house.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
PMBR video team here to say worry not! It's been a long day but we've pulled through.
  1. Video isn't even that short and the music is phenomenal
  2. The combos are fantastic and Cobaltium has really spent a lot of time dredging as much as he could from them.
  3. Fan-favorite character (although not the top of this thread's poll, but he looks fantastic in Turbo Mode)
  4. Alt-Costume?
  5. Announcement that is something Cobaltium and myself have been dreaming about since we first started Turbo Tuesdays. Something in regards to the series.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Like usual, you guys are always going to manage it in a way or another, daaaamn, im pretty hyped now

TreK

Is "that guy"
I've always wondered, are those turbo vids tas-ed ?
The Cpt Falcon one really does look tas-ed, with the improbable reverse knee and everything, but I could be wrong.

| Kailex |

NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
I've always wondered, are those turbo vids tas-ed ?
The Cpt Falcon one really does look tas-ed, with the improbable reverse knee and everything, but I could be wrong.
Yep, they are TAS-ed, but they still are possible for a human to do... NORMAL HUMANS... Obviously he can do a lot more than that ----> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwDHs6UXgR8

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778

Better make a video warning people of this. YouTube can be quite the *****.

you can multirest like fox multishining :3333

What about the "You can't cancel into the same attack" rule?

Top Bottom