• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
You're definitely ********, Xander.

Final Fantasy 5-10 are amazing!
Final Fantasy X-2 sucked, but it was fun for what it was. Girl Power!!
Final Fantasy XII is lots of fun!! <3
Final Fantasy Tactics is kinda fun, but it's not my favorite out of the series.
And right now I'm playing Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 and it's so awesome! ^_^

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Final Fantasy 4 is the best final fantasy, period.

1 is my personal favorite though.

I used to like 5, but when I replayed it recently I disliked it.

6 is over-rated.

7, 8, 10, 10-2, and 12 all suck ****.

SDLKFJKLSJKLFDSJLKFJSDLFJSDKLFJDSLFJDSKFJLSDK

SHOW UP YOU STUPID SIGNATURE.

Also get at Kuja and all his sexiness.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Why did 7, 8, and 10 suck? 4 was my all time favorite as well

I could understand why 10 maybe sucked but it was still a good game I didn't like 12 though

7 was the game that got me into liking RPG games more

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The biggest gripe I had with 7 was the atrocious camera angle, and lack of the ability to adjust it. It's saying something if I'm unable to complete the first disk because I simply just cannot navigate properly.

I had a similar gripe with FF8 as I did with FF7, atop of the fact that the games game engine is just naturally slow as **** and I hate fights that take two and a half hours just because I can't shut off the attack animations, or because my characters are slow as **** in the overworld.

10 had the makings of being good, but about half-way through the game it started to become boring. That's probably just my personal opinion though.

I thought the dress-spheres in 10-2 were pretty cool, but the game play just bored me after a while. Also take into account the game was geared toward girls. It's unfair to call the game bad if you're a straight male.

12 was just pure garbo.

unknown522

Some guy
lovage, ruby convo
I'm not even gonna lie, that was funny ****. I remember some instances with ruby, but I don't really mind him (like no hate I mean). He did kind of trap himself several times in the convo though...

Jeezus, lovage was relentless. I'm also one of those players that's bad at explaining things....just not as good as mango.

Raynex name searching ftw

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'm not even gonna lie, that was funny ****. I remember some instances with ruby, but I don't really mind him (like no hate I mean). He did kind of trap himself several times in the convo though...

Jeezus, lovage was relentless. I'm also one of those players that's bad at explaining things....just not as good as mango.

Raynex name searching ftw
lol weren't you the one who got ***** by sean in that falco thread about zhu vs amsah?

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
I used to like 5, but when I replayed it recently I disliked it.

6 is over-rated.

7, 8, 10, 10-2, and 12 all suck ****.
You know I'vfe never hit someone for an online post before but don't tempt me. I would like to point out every major professional review and have them tell you otherwise. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but thats just plain ignorant talk ruby! 7 was ground breaking and taught gamers how to cry, 8 was pretty good, 9 was amazing, 10 was a PS2 must have, 10-2.... that game just needed men (had to say it), and 12 wasn't bad at all. Each FF manages to keep itself original all while sticking with the winning formula. Give me a solid argument for why they all "suck" and why they're not just alright or pretty good in your eyes. I'm curious as to how you can justify games that consistently make top 100 of all time lists as being sucky :p

:link:

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
You know I'vfe never hit someone for an online post before but don't tempt me. I would like to point out every major professional review and have them tell you otherwise. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but thats just plain ignorant talk ruby! 7 was ground breaking and taught gamers how to cry, 8 was pretty good, 9 was amazing, 10 was a PS2 must have, 10-2.... that game just needed men (had to say it), and 12 wasn't bad at all. Each FF manages to keep itself original all while sticking with the winning formula. Give me a solid argument for why they all "suck" and why they're not just alright or pretty good in your eyes. I'm curious as to how you can justify games that consistently make top 100 of all time lists as being sucky :p

Playing Mario RPG and EarthBound both made me want to cry at certain points what are you talking about? And though I've never played FF7, I don't care much to play it and the reviews I've heardare actually more so mixed and maybe even more on the negative side. The people who are positive about it just sound like they hype it up too much to be the greatest game ever.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
Why don't you just play it and have you're own opinion about it. I hate when people just go by whatever anybody else has to say and not try it at all. I wouldn't say it is the greatest game ever but it is a great game, something for any RPG fan. It just has a good cast of characters, combat system, materia *****, and the story is unforgettable. Its ******** when people don't like something just because so many others do, be open minded. Like Twin said there is a reason its always on a top games list.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Are you kidding me? Final Fantasy VII is probably the best one in the whole series and then Final Fantasy IX. They are both so ****ing good. <3

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
VII has the most memorable video game soundtrack. Every song is recognizable and there are dozens of them. The game itself is overrated but still an awesome experience nonetheless.

Super Mario RPG is one of my favorites. No game has been able to duplicate its style. Not even close. It's not that much of an RPG.

I really don't like FFI because of grinding. I can't stand grinding in video games, it feels like a waste of time. I enjoyed Super Mario RPG and Tales since you actually had to keep your mind active in the battle and not just scroll through menus.

Lufia II is an old-school favorite of mine because of the puzzles.

Josh, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned Golden Sun. It's a fun game but I think the characters sucked.

Jeff: Melee has combos.

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
speaking of other games

Kyle, you should let me borrow Ico

better yet, lemme buy it
PREASE

AXE 09

Smash Master
dude omg guys

there's this insanely crazy amazing game that i've been playing lately, better than EVERY game that all of you guys listed

it's called...

Super Smash Brothers Melee :)

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
The only RPG's that are even good are The Legend of Dragoon, Golden Sun and Pokemon.

The only good thing about FF7 is Sephiroth and the metal version of his theme song in Advent Children.

`EX

Smash Cadet
im thinking about haveing smash at my place on thursday night who would come and i olny have one set up but two tvs so people would need to bring a set up or two. my place is small but no smaller then coops old appartment we used to smash in.

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
by the looks of things... captain falcon is going to lose ): unless we alert all of SWF somehow

fuck yes.

earthbound is my favorite RPG of all time. i hold that game dear to my heart.

but im curious, which part made you cry? lol
The end with the praying almost made me cry and especially with the last person who "prays" because it doesn't show anybody and the screen goes black and it shows you....it's like an un-intentional subliminal message that lets you know, know what I mean?

I think I also felt kinda bad for Porky for how jacked up he got from doing all the time traveling. If I think of more I'll post em later cuz I'm sure there is I'm just tired right now.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I would come, but I don't know where your house is and I don't have any rides.

In GameFaqs Characters, the top two imo should be Zelda, Pikachu. The only other ones that have a chance are Mario and Missingno (who beat Yoshi).

Jane

Smash Hero
The end with the praying almost made me cry and especially with the last person who "prays" because it doesn't show anybody and the screen goes black and it shows you....it's like an un-intentional subliminal message that lets you know, know what I mean?

I think I also felt kinda bad for Porky for how jacked up he got from doing all the time traveling. If I think of more I'll post em later cuz I'm sure there is I'm just tired right now.
oh yeah!! fuuuuuck, the ending was so epic.

i need to play through that game again like now D:

Duff0

Smash Ace
Well, it started out pretty much as FF games.

Then branched to other RPGs

And now that it has branched to other RPGs

Golden Sun <3

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
He's referring to the video game digression in this thread.

I need to practice my gentlemen and kneeing shields, I've decided.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Mario RPG was one of the greatest games I've ever had the pleasure of playing.

The thing about the Final Fantasy series is that every one of them are playable and thoroughly enjoyable (except for one or two practically unheard of ones that came out for the gameboy. ugh). And every one manages to be original while sticking with what the fans love. I'm just looking for why the games "suck" lol. And complaining about the camera angles in VII, it was the first big RPG done in 3D. It was ground breaking and experimental and came out rather well all things considered :D

Jane

Smash Hero
Secret of Mana rocks my socks!
ive always wanted to play that game with two other people, from start to finish...

And every one manages to be original
i disagree, but dont worry, many RPGs fail in this area.

And complaining about the camera angles in VII, it was the first big RPG done in 3D. It was ground breaking and experimental and came out rather well all things considered :D
i agree man, i remember the first time i saw the game i was like 6, maybe 7, watching my neighbor play i was like WTF IS THIS SHIT (in awe of the beauty)

also,

chrono trigger.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Chrono trigger, indeed, johnny

You guys need to stop having smashfests on fridays since that is the absolute WORST day of the entire week for me to do anything

Top Bottom