• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

DerpDaBerp

Smash Champion
This coming Friday we'll probably be practicing at the U for the Cereal is Better tourney

YEAH!

Smash Journeyman
OMG! lovage is so awesome haha! xander you should just give up on this you wonder why everyone bags on you i think if you werent like this than people would give you more recognition for your skill. and wait xander do you mean in the game or in real life cause i could care less about the game but in real life i promise you that wont happen

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
OMG! Lovage is so awesome, haha! Xander, you should just give up on this. You wonder why everyone bags on you; I think if you weren't like this, then people would give you more recognition for your skill. And wait, Xander...do you mean in the game or in real life? Cause I could care less about the game, but in real life I promise you that won't happen.
I can read it now!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol shockingly enough, I thought that match wasn't that good.

The u-tilt combos were sexy and all, but that falco was terrible!!! Seriously... If it was a solid falco then I'd be more impressed. Also Armada should jabbed reset alot lol. Other then that pretty cool stuff

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Singin Pretty Fly for a White Guy in the shower :)
Just remember if you ever act like this around me in person, enjoy your *** beating.
You're willing to threaten to kick someones *** over this!? Hahahahahaha wow. I like you just fine dude, but I'll get the back of anyone who you just threatened over this. And yes I am willing to say this to you in person and I'm looking forward to my *** getting kicked by you.

double post to say OMFG I LOVE YOU LOVAGE

and that rubyiris's falco is standard

shinedairshinedairshinedair SELF DESTRUCT AND LOSE
*johnsjohnsjohns*

Now that Falcon of GG7's... that's another story ;)
<3 to lovage.

And GG7's Falcon reminded me of why he is the best character in the game. What was I thinking maining Sheik!? If only I lived in AZ so GG7 could teach me the ways of the Falcon :(

Oh yeah ruby, did those tips for what to look for in card rigging help?

:link:

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Certain people in this thread annoy me O_o.

Anyways on an un-related note, since everyone is a ***** and doesn't come out here to play me, I'll probably be playing against Alex a lot now since he literally lives 2 miles away from me =) so Alex is gonna get hella good woo ICs.

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
Certain people in this thread annoy me O_o.

Anyways on an un-related note, since everyone is a ***** and doesn't come out here to play me, I'll probably be playing against Alex a lot now since he literally lives 2 miles away from me =) so Alex is gonna get hella good woo ICs.
Oh, but it was to address particular people, Spencer. And to get some things out of the way, I'll say who I think this post was addressed to and I think those people are Me,Rob, and Xander.

hahaha silly kids

Jane

Smash Hero
You're willing to threaten to kick someones *** over this!?
Im pretty sure he wasnt saying that because lovage disagrees with him about armada, but because he came in here talking all that **** and doesnt even know him. Makes sense to me.

No disrespect to lovage or anything

AXE 09

Smash Master
Lol shockingly enough, I thought that match wasn't that good.

The u-tilt combos were sexy and all, but that falco was terrible!!! Seriously... If it was a solid falco then I'd be more impressed. Also Armada should jabbed reset alot lol. Other then that pretty cool stuff
honestly, i feel the exact same way about this lol. i just thought the combos were really cool =) maybe give Nicknyte some new ideas

hmmmm... Jackie... where have i heard those exact same words somewhere before? don't you think you shoulud've followed that up with a long wall of text? lol

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Twin_A: Lovage pretty much just goes anywhere I do to blatantly troll, attack, and insult me simply because he dislikes my personality. I tried to confront him civilly about it, but if anything he just treats me worse now. Give me a reason not to brutalize him if he acts like that to me in person.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Twin_A: Lovage pretty much just goes anywhere I do to blatantly troll, attack, and insult me simply because he dislikes my personality. I tried to confront him civilly about it, but if anything he just treats me worse now. Give me a reason not to brutalize him if he acts like that to me in person.
puh-lease

you weren't THAT civil about it

forward

Smash Champion
Ok, so I wanted my 2 cents on the ol' standard debate.

Being standard is not an insult to a player. I believe every good player has strong fundamentals in smash, what I call "ABC's." Every character has their ABC's; Falcon has d-throw > upair > knee, Fox has up throw > up air, Sheik has dash attack > f tilt > slap, etc. Good players are at least 90% technically consistant on these combos. If you are not consistant with your ABC's, you are not a good player.

Combo innovation is quite rare in melee. Although the game does offer a lot of freedom to create your own combos, the amount of combos that are useful and effective is limited in comparison, and most of said combos have been known for years. If a truely effective innovative combo is made for a character, then after time it will become standard. If one were to say that they are not impressed by a player because they do not do innovative combos then that person will rarely be impressed by any player. In the case that they do see an innovative combo and is impressed their appreciation for such combo will fade because over time that combo will no longer be new and innovative.

On a personal note, I am very proud to have standardized Falco's combo game with shine > platform waveland. At the time I started using it it was new and innovative, and now it has become standard. My influence on smash will be forever known. But I digress.

My point on innovation refers to combos, however combos are only one part of a players skill. In a broader sense, I would say that decision-making is the all encompassing factor that describes every piece of skill that a player uses. Every time you move your character to space, every time you attack, everytime you DI, shield, roll, ledge guard, you are making a decision.

Standard decision making changes with the metagame. Many mind games stem from what is considered a standard. A crude and simple example is that people want to survive, therefore if they land near the ledge and tech, the standard would be to tech towards the stage so that if you are hit again, you are hit closer from the center and are less likely to be knocked off of the stage. Good players recognize this standard and punish people who tech towards the middle and deviate from it themselves by teching in place. As seen before, effective innovations become the standard. So the new standard is to tech in place when landing near the ledge and to punish those who tech towards the middle. The metagame evolves and standard decisions are changed.

From this point, one can conclude that a great player is ahead of the metagame, and to be ahead of the metagame, one must make decisions that are not standard. As said, decisions are all encompassing, so where the great players deviate in their choices could be anything. From when they decide to apply shield pressure to when to bait out an attack, and all the hundreds of decisions that make up those two choices. To say a great player is standard is wrong and an over simplification of the complicated thought process that goes on when they play. To say that a player is innovative is a vague statement that really means nothing more than the player is highly skilled.

In summation, great players are aware of what is effective and know when standard ABC's will suffice, thus innovation is not necessary. They are also incredibly clever and know where unorthodox decisions will ultimately give them a win. Where they make these decisions are not obvious, and the great players would prefer it that way because their strategy is only effective as long as people do not catch on to it.

Cheddar Jack

Smash Rookie

Being standard is not an insult to a player. I believe every good player has strong fundamentals in smash, what I call "ABC's." Every character has their ABC's; Falcon has d-throw > upair > knee, Fox has up throw > up air, Sheik has dash attack > f tilt > slap, etc. Good players are at least 90% technically consistant on these combos. If you are not consistant with your ABC's, you are not a good player.

In summation, great players are aware of what is effective and know when standard ABC's will suffice, thus innovation is not necessary. They are also incredibly clever and know where unorthodox decisions will ultimately give them a win. Where they make these decisions are not obvious, and the great players would prefer it that way because their strategy is only effective as long as people do not catch on to it.
Great post.

Just one thing - your "ABC" combos are actually known as BnBs (bread and butter combos) in the lexicon of most competitive fighting games :laugh:

dairspike

Smash Cadet
I would like to point out that Rubyiris's Falco is not standard. Which is an insult. It can't pull off standard waveshine combines. Jk with the insulting but Xander you should definitely learn to incorporate those shine wavelands more effectively to bring your Falco game up.

Lol Sean and that little self-promoting paragraph in the middle. We all know that you based your wavelanding game off of Gimpyfish! Jk

Which president was assassinated in a car? J(f)k

Chris Burtt is a little *****, seriously.

Lovage

Smash Hero

LOOOOL i'm tempted to post the aim logs

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
The aim logs would just show exaclty what a ***** you are, and how with like one or two exceptions, I've never done anything to deserve how much disrespect I get.

Twin_A

Smash Champion
If he trolls you then just laugh it off. Who cares? Your being angry only fuels the fire.

Combo innovation is quite rare in melee. Although the game does offer a lot of freedom to create your own combos, the amount of combos that are useful and effective is limited in comparison, and most of said combos have been known for years. If a truely effective innovative combo is made for a character, then after time it will become standard. If one were to say that they are not impressed by a player because they do not do innovative combos then that person will rarely be impressed by any player. In the case that they do see an innovative combo and is impressed their appreciation for such combo will fade because over time that combo will no longer be new and innovative.

On a personal note, I am very proud to have standardized Falco's combo game with shine > platform waveland. At the time I started using it it was new and innovative, and now it has become standard. My influence on smash will be forever known. But I digress.

My point on innovation refers to combos, however combos are only one part of a players skill. In a broader sense, I would say that decision-making is the all encompassing factor that describes every piece of skill that a player uses. Every time you move your character to space, every time you attack, everytime you DI, shield, roll, ledge guard, you are making a decision.

Standard decision making changes with the metagame. Many mind games stem from what is considered a standard. A crude and simple example is that people want to survive, therefore if they land near the ledge and tech, the standard would be to tech towards the stage so that if you are hit again, you are hit closer from the center and are less likely to be knocked off of the stage. Good players recognize this standard and punish people who tech towards the middle and deviate from it themselves by teching in place. As seen before, effective innovations become the standard. So the new standard is to tech in place when landing near the ledge and to punish those who tech towards the middle. The metagame evolves and standard decisions are changed.

From this point, one can conclude that a great player is ahead of the metagame, and to be ahead of the metagame, one must make decisions that are not standard. As said, decisions are all encompassing, so where the great players deviate in their choices could be anything. From when they decide to apply shield pressure to when to bait out an attack, and all the hundreds of decisions that make up those two choices. To say a great player is standard is wrong and an over simplification of the complicated thought process that goes on when they play. To say that a player is innovative is a vague statement that really means nothing more than the player is highly skilled.

And the Academy Award for best two cents post goes to.... Forward with his ABC's lesson!
*applauds*

speach speach!

(remember though when the music stops and the mic goes off, thats your cue to leave)

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Oh, but it was to address particular people, Spencer. And to get some things out of the way, I'll say who I think this post was addressed to and I think those people are Me,Rob, and Xander.

hahaha silly kids
Lol I know you're joking and all but for the record you are actually incorrect ;)

hmmmm... Jackie... where have i heard those exact same words somewhere before? don't you think you shoulud've followed that up with a long wall of text? lol
Really? A backhanded insult? -_-

spencer i would come play you all the time but i live in sierra vista tee hee
It's okay I understand. It's nice to hear that you would play me if you could though :)

You spelled a certain Peach main's name with 3 letters?

Keep in mind I actually give Spencer respect. I just think that he shouldn't bash worse players to make a point. Isn't that fair enough?
Usually the point of my posts aren't specifically to bash a worse player because I try to stay away from flaming as much as possible generally. But if someone pisses me off enough to a certain point that I feel like I have to do as you said here, then I will, and as shown, it HAS happened a few times. It just seems like people love to piss me off for some reason even though I'm pretty much nothing but nice to everyone.

Just thought I'd happily say that I proofread this for him because he's a doofus sometimes LOL.

AXE 09

Smash Master
Sean, i 100% agree with you... but i still don't think armada's peach is standard =/

sry Spencer, i didn't mean for it to be an insult

Chris, are you able to go to Nice Shot Hugo?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Conversation with rubysuigyoku at 1/26/2010 8:39:05 PM on lingbling6 (aim)
(8:39:05 PM) rubysuigyoku: Why do you act like such a ****ing ***** toward me? I don't think I've ever done or said anything disrespectful to, or about you and all you do is troll the **** out of me.
(8:39:45 PM) lingbling6: cuz ur a doochebag for no reason lol
(8:39:49 PM) lingbling6: just being mean to ppl
(8:39:57 PM) lingbling6: and u act like you know **** about the game
(8:40:09 PM) rubysuigyoku: i've never just been mean to anyone who wasn't a douche to me first.
(8:40:24 PM) rubysuigyoku: people are litterally complete *******s to me only because of how i present facts or state my opinion
(8:40:28 PM) rubysuigyoku: and i do know **** about the game
(8:40:35 PM) rubysuigyoku: just because i'm garbage doesn't mean i'm ignorant
(8:40:56 PM) lingbling6: thats another point
(8:40:57 PM) lingbling6: but
(8:41:04 PM) lingbling6: what about when u made that advice thread
(8:41:09 PM) lingbling6: and were a dooche to everyone who helped u
(8:41:24 PM) rubysuigyoku: i was a douce to two people who gave what i thought was bad advice.
(8:41:26 PM) rubysuigyoku: TWO people.
(8:41:35 PM) lingbling6: so why did they deserve it
(8:41:38 PM) lingbling6: they were just trying to help
(8:41:40 PM) lingbling6: cuz u made an emo thread
(8:41:53 PM) lingbling6: were they ***** to u?
(8:41:57 PM) lingbling6: they just tried to help with smash
(8:42:16 PM) rubysuigyoku: why is the entire community a douche to me? i've never been a douche to any of them. ever.
(8:42:20 PM) rubysuigyoku: touche.
(8:42:21 PM) rubysuigyoku: :|
(8:42:42 PM) rubysuigyoku: No they didn't deserve it. I was being immature.
(8:42:49 PM) rubysuigyoku: I won't deny that.
(8:42:58 PM) lingbling6: so do u understand why ppl are ***** to you?
(8:43:01 PM) lingbling6: cuz u look like an *******?
(8:43:05 PM) lingbling6: instead of honing up to what u did
(8:43:07 PM) lingbling6: u just troll them ack
(8:43:10 PM) lingbling6: back**
(8:43:15 PM) rubysuigyoku: thats wrong though.
(8:43:26 PM) rubysuigyoku: I've like never trolled anyone outside of scar, and that's not even for serious.
(8:43:29 PM) lingbling6: and me
(8:43:33 PM) lingbling6: and raynex
(8:43:34 PM) lingbling6: and jman
(8:43:41 PM) rubysuigyoku: i'm not trolling them though.
(8:43:51 PM) lingbling6: ur just being an ******* cuz forward said it was funny
(8:43:57 PM) lingbling6: so what did u expect ppl would think of u
(8:44:01 PM) lingbling6: that ur an *******
(8:44:01 PM) rubysuigyoku: i did that for like a day
(8:44:09 PM) rubysuigyoku: and that was 2 years after people acted like *******s to me
(8:44:19 PM) rubysuigyoku: people have litterally been *******s to me since i joined the boards
(8:44:27 PM) rubysuigyoku: with absolutely NO reason.
(8:44:28 PM) lingbling6: u think its random?
(8:44:31 PM) rubysuigyoku: yes.
(8:44:36 PM) lingbling6: then why are u asking me about it
(8:44:39 PM) lingbling6: u got your reason
(8:44:39 PM) rubysuigyoku: i can even show you post dates to prove
(8:44:48 PM) lingbling6: god hates u
(8:44:51 PM) lingbling6: lol
(8:44:52 PM) rubysuigyoku: that i've never done anything to deserve to be treated like ****
(8:44:57 PM) lingbling6: nah u prolly have
(8:45:01 PM) lingbling6: all your posts you act very pompus
(8:45:05 PM) lingbling6: and slight people
(8:45:13 PM) lingbling6: every time u quote someone u always slight them
(8:45:17 PM) lingbling6: and poke at their inexperience or something
(8:45:18 PM) rubysuigyoku: slight?
(8:45:31 PM) rubysuigyoku: i don't understand that word.
(8:45:39 PM) lingbling6: it means
(8:45:50 PM) lingbling6: To slight someone; To not give someone what they deserve
(8:45:58 PM) lingbling6: ur not blatently offending them
(8:46:02 PM) lingbling6: but ull throw something in there
(8:46:05 PM) lingbling6: thats elitist
(8:46:06 PM) lingbling6: or mean
(8:46:12 PM) lingbling6: thats why everyone gets the same vibe from u
(8:46:14 PM) lingbling6: cuz ur a doochebag
(8:46:22 PM) lingbling6: and especially cuz u think u know **** about smash
(8:46:27 PM) rubysuigyoku: i do.
(8:46:35 PM) rubysuigyoku: p. much anyone good agrees with me anyway
(8:46:43 PM) rubysuigyoku: you might be like one of the only good people who thinks i don't.
(8:46:50 PM) lingbling6: doesnt matter
(8:46:52 PM) lingbling6: its what u act like
(8:46:58 PM) lingbling6: dont give respect to ppl u think suck
(8:47:29 PM) rubysuigyoku: all i do is present my argument in a blunt manner.
(8:48:14 PM) rubysuigyoku: its the most direct and efficient way to bring up facts, or an opinion, imo. no sugar coating, or w/e, and people dislike it for whatever reason
(8:48:24 PM) lingbling6: what do u mean "for whatever reason"
(8:48:28 PM) lingbling6: cuz ur being a doochebag
(8:48:33 PM) lingbling6: stop acting like ur a nice guy
(8:48:35 PM) lingbling6: but then u troll people
(8:48:39 PM) lingbling6: and say they suck
(8:48:56 PM) lingbling6: people act the way they do towards u for a reason
(8:49:00 PM) lingbling6: unless u actuall ybelieve its random
(8:49:17 PM) rubysuigyoku: i've only ever trolled people after they disrespected me first, again, with the exception of scar, and that's not even serious.
(8:49:33 PM) rubysuigyoku: all i did was give him **** for not suicide kneeing hmw
(8:49:34 PM) lingbling6: so when raynex disagreed with you
(8:49:36 PM) lingbling6: and u said
(8:49:40 PM) lingbling6: I THOUGHT U WERE GOOD
(8:49:43 PM) lingbling6: HOW COULD U DISAGREE WITH ME
(8:49:49 PM) lingbling6: u dont know why ppl think ur a ****?
(8:50:13 PM) rubysuigyoku: raynex refused me critique several times. of course i'm going to be a **** to him
(8:50:15 PM) rubysuigyoku: mogwai too
(8:50:26 PM) lingbling6: he REFUSED u?
(8:50:29 PM) lingbling6: what did he say
(8:50:30 PM) lingbling6: was it a PM?
(8:50:39 PM) lingbling6: or he neglected to give u advice
(8:50:40 PM) rubysuigyoku: nah. in thread.
(8:50:42 PM) lingbling6: like 90% of people that ask for it
(8:50:47 PM) lingbling6: ppl have lives u know
(8:50:57 PM) lingbling6: dont get emo cuz they didnt wait at hand and foot for u
(8:51:02 PM) lingbling6: i made a thread too a while back
(8:51:06 PM) lingbling6: he didnt tgive advice
(8:51:10 PM) lingbling6: im not holding it against him
(8:51:14 PM) rubysuigyoku: no what i mean is
(8:51:32 PM) rubysuigyoku: he made a post saying that he WOULD give critique but he was sure i'd just ignore it
(8:51:42 PM) rubysuigyoku: or say like NO I ALREADY KNOW THAT LOLOL or some ****
(8:51:42 PM) lingbling6: LMAO
(8:51:46 PM) rubysuigyoku: which is totally false
(8:51:51 PM) lingbling6: can you guess why
(8:51:52 PM) lingbling6: he would say that
(8:51:56 PM) lingbling6: take a random guess
(8:52:00 PM) lingbling6: why he assumes u think u know everything
(8:52:07 PM) rubysuigyoku: yeah and i called his *** out on it because hes totally wrong about me.
(8:52:13 PM) lingbling6: becaues u post
(8:52:15 PM) lingbling6: like u know everything
(8:52:20 PM) lingbling6: (even tho ur still terrible at smash)
(8:52:21 PM) rubysuigyoku: nobody knows everything.
(8:52:28 PM) lingbling6: people arent gonna respect you about smash until you prove yourself
(8:52:34 PM) lingbling6: and when u arent respectful to ppl better than you
(8:52:36 PM) lingbling6: why would they help you?
(8:52:37 PM) rubysuigyoku: but yeah. knowledge and player skill have nothing in common. people need to learn that.
(8:52:44 PM) lingbling6: so its just tek skill?
(8:52:47 PM) lingbling6: u know all this stuff about the game
(8:52:49 PM) lingbling6: but u cant do it
(8:52:54 PM) lingbling6: are u sure u know as much as u think?
(8:52:58 PM) rubysuigyoku: i sure do.
(8:53:02 PM) lingbling6: if i knew as much as you think you know, i would be amazing
(8:53:03 PM) rubysuigyoku: i don't know frame data stuff though
(8:53:09 PM) lingbling6: but ur pompous and cocky
(8:53:17 PM) lingbling6: unlike most respectful players
(8:53:33 PM) rubysuigyoku: cocky? i'm a piece of ****. im like not even half as good as tai is and he got ***** at pound
(8:53:40 PM) rubysuigyoku: how is that cocky
(8:53:46 PM) lingbling6: so ur one of those ppl
(8:53:46 PM) rubysuigyoku: i know just how good i am.
(8:53:47 PM) lingbling6: who says
(8:53:50 PM) lingbling6: "yea i suck"
(8:53:54 PM) lingbling6: "but i know ur wrong"
(8:53:58 PM) lingbling6: "even tho u would 4 stock me"
(8:54:00 PM) lingbling6: even if you DO
(8:54:02 PM) lingbling6: its not your place
(8:54:08 PM) lingbling6: to be disrespectful to them,
(8:54:19 PM) rubysuigyoku: skill and knowledge have nothing to do with eachother
(8:54:21 PM) rubysuigyoku: like look at axe
(8:54:26 PM) rubysuigyoku: he cant even explain hald the stuff he does
(8:54:29 PM) rubysuigyoku: and hes amazing
(8:54:33 PM) lingbling6: so
(8:54:37 PM) lingbling6: he still knows whats smart and whats dumb
(8:54:41 PM) lingbling6: just cause he wont write paragraphs about it
(8:54:43 PM) lingbling6: he knows the game
(8:54:45 PM) lingbling6: same ****
(8:54:58 PM) lingbling6: mangos the same way
(8:55:03 PM) lingbling6: u know more than him?
(8:55:06 PM) rubysuigyoku: maybe.
(8:55:09 PM) lingbling6: LMFAOOOOOOO
(8:55:10 PM) lingbling6: alright
(8:55:10 PM) rubysuigyoku: i don't know mango.
(8:55:17 PM) lingbling6: nah
(8:55:25 PM) lingbling6: LOL
(8:55:27 PM) lingbling6: thats so **** u said that
(8:55:34 PM) lingbling6: now i understand
(8:56:20 PM) lingbling6: everyone went thru the phase you're imn
(8:56:25 PM) lingbling6: most ppl go thru it several times
(8:56:27 PM) lingbling6: you get to a certain level
(8:56:31 PM) lingbling6: see a certain layer of the game
(8:56:33 PM) lingbling6: and think you're smart
(8:56:35 PM) lingbling6: i went thru it too
(8:56:38 PM) lingbling6: the difference was
(8:56:40 PM) lingbling6: i knew i still sucked
(8:56:42 PM) lingbling6: and had a LOT to learn
(8:56:55 PM) lingbling6: so i didnt act like a doochebag who knew eveything
(8:56:58 PM) rubysuigyoku: if thats true
(8:57:06 PM) rubysuigyoku: then i see now difference between how you treated it and i.
(8:57:14 PM) rubysuigyoku: just because i know alot doesn't know i'm done learning
(8:57:17 PM) rubysuigyoku: or even know everything'
(8:57:29 PM) rubysuigyoku: i know like absolutely nothing about frame data
(8:57:39 PM) rubysuigyoku: not really sure i could apply any of it practically though
(8:57:42 PM) lingbling6: how about this
(8:57:45 PM) lingbling6: as a player
(8:57:47 PM) lingbling6: who is a lot better than you
(8:57:49 PM) rubysuigyoku: my knowledge of shield pressure is pretty ****ty too
(8:57:52 PM) lingbling6: and as a player
(8:57:57 PM) lingbling6: who has been thru what you're going thru now
(8:58:02 PM) lingbling6: and as a player who knows your delusions
(8:58:04 PM) lingbling6: let me say this
(8:58:08 PM) lingbling6: you dont know ****
(8:58:10 PM) lingbling6: YOU THINK YOU DO
(8:58:12 PM) lingbling6: I DID TOO
(8:58:15 PM) lingbling6: WE ALL THOUGHT WE WERE PRO
(8:58:16 PM) lingbling6: but
(8:58:17 PM) lingbling6: ur not
(8:58:20 PM) rubysuigyoku: i never said i was pro
(8:58:21 PM) lingbling6: and you shouldnt act like u ****
(8:58:24 PM) rubysuigyoku: nor did i ever think it
(8:58:29 PM) rubysuigyoku: nor have i ever acted like i was ****
(8:58:33 PM) lingbling6: ok
(8:58:35 PM) lingbling6: so you know u suck
(8:58:39 PM) lingbling6: but you can still tell jman what to do?
(8:58:44 PM) rubysuigyoku: yeah.
(8:58:47 PM) lingbling6: because u have "knowledge", right?
(8:59:13 PM) rubysuigyoku: i felt like he still approached too often
(8:59:20 PM) rubysuigyoku: and i straight up said that
(8:59:30 PM) lingbling6: and you were wrong
(8:59:33 PM) lingbling6: cuz u dont know much about smash
(8:59:34 PM) lingbling6: you know like
(8:59:36 PM) lingbling6: 5% about smash
(8:59:37 PM) lingbling6: i know like
(8:59:39 PM) lingbling6: 25% about smash
(8:59:42 PM) lingbling6: mango knows like
(8:59:44 PM) lingbling6: 80% about smash
(8:59:58 PM) rubysuigyoku: mango apparently doesn't know how to use the b button with falco though LOL.
(9:00:10 PM) lingbling6: just take my word
(9:00:13 PM) lingbling6: as someone whos better than you
(9:00:16 PM) lingbling6: and knows what ur going thru
(9:00:19 PM) lingbling6: you dont know ****
(9:00:21 PM) lingbling6: and when you get better
(9:00:25 PM) lingbling6: in a few months or whatever
(9:00:26 PM) lingbling6: ur gonna say
(9:00:28 PM) lingbling6: WOW i was stupid
(9:00:31 PM) lingbling6: i sucked **** back then
(9:00:33 PM) lingbling6: and didnt know ****
(9:00:35 PM) lingbling6: (one in the same)
(9:00:40 PM) rubysuigyoku: i know how that feels
(9:00:47 PM) lingbling6: UMMM

(9:00:51 PM) lingbling6: SO WHY ARE YOU REPEATING URSELFG
(9:00:58 PM) lingbling6: now you ACTUALLY know ****?
(9:01:00 PM) lingbling6: whats changed?
(9:01:04 PM) lingbling6: u just became more pompous?
(9:01:17 PM) lingbling6: or you actually think you REALLY REALLY know **** this time
(9:01:19 PM) rubysuigyoku: i got alot better since december of 08?
(9:01:26 PM) lingbling6: EXACTLY

(9:01:27 PM) lingbling6: and NOW
(9:01:29 PM) lingbling6: you think u know ****
(9:01:32 PM) lingbling6: but you still dont
(9:01:37 PM) lingbling6: thats all u have to realize
(9:01:43 PM) lingbling6: so you stop acting like a doochebag
(9:01:47 PM) lingbling6: and ppl stop treating u like one
(9:01:52 PM) lingbling6: if you have some ****ed humility
(9:01:54 PM) lingbling6: and respect for other ppl
(9:02:02 PM) rubysuigyoku: i dont think people are going to stop disrespecting me tbh.
(9:02:08 PM) lingbling6: then why did u message me
(9:02:12 PM) lingbling6: go make an emo thread about it
(9:02:15 PM) lingbling6: stop whining
(9:02:16 PM) rubysuigyoku: lol.
(9:02:17 PM) lingbling6: or fix urself
(9:02:20 PM) lingbling6: and stop whining
(9:02:25 PM) rubysuigyoku: i figure i might as well try.
(9:02:35 PM) lingbling6: so do u understand what i was saying?
(9:02:37 PM) lingbling6: how ur still a noob?
(9:02:41 PM) lingbling6: stop acting like u know ****?
(9:02:45 PM) lingbling6: because SKILL = KNOWLEDGE
(9:02:52 PM) lingbling6: just cuz some ppl cant express themselves like axe and mango
(9:02:55 PM) lingbling6: doesnt mean they dont have knowledge
(9:02:58 PM) lingbling6: they have more knowledge than u
(9:03:02 PM) lingbling6: so dont act like ur hot ****
(9:03:06 PM) lingbling6: (which you do, even if you know u suck)
(9:03:15 PM) rubysuigyoku: i've never acted like i'm hot ****
(9:03:16 PM) rubysuigyoku: like
(9:03:16 PM) rubysuigyoku: ever
(9:03:22 PM) lingbling6: OMFG
(9:03:25 PM) lingbling6: YOU GIVE ADVICE TO JMAN
(9:03:27 PM) lingbling6: HOW IS THAT NOT ACTING
(9:03:29 PM) lingbling6: LIKE UR HOT ****
(9:03:36 PM) lingbling6: loooooooooool
(9:03:42 PM) rubysuigyoku: its not though
(9:03:46 PM) lingbling6: ok
(9:03:48 PM) lingbling6: ur delusional
(9:03:50 PM) lingbling6: no point in arguing
(9:03:55 PM) lingbling6: if you can't see that skill = knowledge
(9:03:59 PM) lingbling6: ur gonna stay like this forever
(9:04:02 PM) lingbling6: and ppl are gonna hate u forever
(9:04:04 PM) lingbling6: so dont be a *******
(9:04:04 PM) lingbling6: plz
(9:04:06 PM) lingbling6: for your own good

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Lulz nice convo on AIM :-D

(8:55:10 PM) rubysuigyoku: i don't know mango.
(8:55:17 PM) lingbling6: nah
(8:55:25 PM) lingbling6: LOL

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol wow. I laughed a bit in that whole conversation. I can't believe I actually read it all too...

Good advice tho =D

Twin_A

Smash Champion
Highlights of this amazing conversation:

(8:44:48 PM) lingbling6: god hates u

(8:58:35 PM) lingbling6: so you know u suck
(8:58:39 PM) lingbling6: but you can still tell jman what to do?
(8:58:44 PM) rubysuigyoku: yeah.
(8:58:47 PM) lingbling6: because u have "knowledge", right?
(8:59:13 PM) rubysuigyoku: i felt like he still approached too often
(8:59:20 PM) rubysuigyoku: and i straight up said that
(8:59:30 PM) lingbling6: and you were wrong

Lovage I ****ing love you haha! That was actually very very good advice. I thought I was amazing, then I hit the competitive scene. It's been all uphill and learning from there :D

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
I'm sorry, I wasn't able to read what Lovage said. The spelling was just terrible.

In other news: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZaEFTm1Yxs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_a7KspmX8w

Oh and by the way to everyone, I like Xander, I'll defend him if need be, because he's never really a **** to me. I've given him advice before and he's taken it well so I don't see what Lovage or anyone is trying to get at for that matter. Very rarely do we have some serious tussle that involves either of us getting mad and from what I can tell I'm probably the person in AZ who's nicest to him because most people seem to know nothing about respect. He respects me and I respect him. It's that simple, folks. And if you originally got off on the wrong foot with Xander, then there's definitely a good chance that you just don't know how to correct went wrong. Of course that getting off on the wrong foot was HIS fault right? Because everyone else NEVER does anything wrong, right? ;)

Top Bottom