• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tucson, AZ Social/Rankings Thread (Updated 5/7/10!)

For our Tucson Power Rankings, how should order be decided?

• Panelist system

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Challenges system

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Weekly Round Robin results

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters

turnip tosser

Smash Rookie
i should be able to play today if anyones interested. call my house not my cell, and i got a xbox with street fighter 4 and left 4 dead. cuz i a G like that. tim should come down and play. ill give tim a place to sleep on my couch. an joey one of my controllers is like the best for space animal lasers its got me interested in them. i can do fox SH double lasers with so much ez its tight. just all that other fox junk thats frustrating :mad:

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
OMG I love that video! It makes me so happy that Jeff watches Armada videos too!! Jeff should definitely pick up Peach as one of his mains along with Pikachu and Falco. :D

AXE 09

Smash Master
Armada is my FAVORITE smasher, as terms as actual skill and playstyle in the game goes

i'm thinking about going to tucson today with Tai. can anyone house both of us? please???

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I would, but I am already housing 3 out of state family members since tomorrow is going to be my Grandma's 80th bday party and tons of people are coming! <3

I will definitely play with both of you! Vectorman will be at the U of A later today

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
i've been told not to listen to rubyiris

this is one of those times i think i was told correctly

don't listen to silly kyle!!!! armada is def not 2004 with standard combos
Who told you this? Sounds like people who just dislike me for whatever dumb reasons people dislike me for.

Duff0

Smash Ace
See that's why Xander, your a huge **** to people who don't think in ways that are IDENTICAL to the way you think.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
As a matter of fact, I enjoy sucking on Armada's **** and riding it all night!! His Peach is not mad standard, like all of your johns whenever you make a mistake or lose.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
As a matter of fact, I enjoy sucking on Armada's **** and riding it all night!! His Peach is not mad standard, like all of your johns whenever you make a mistake or lose.
If his peach isn't standard, what's that to say about the overall skill of peach mains? The lot of you must be extremely poor in comparison if you consider what he does to be anything but the norm, or what SHOULD be the norm.

AXE 09

Smash Master
armada's abmornally good. HE IS NOT NORMAL. he does anything BUT normal peach stuff, that's part of what makes him THE BEST peach player

anyways.... i need to find housing and fast. jackie, can you house me? pleeeeease? and tai? por favor lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright, so i'm about to leave for tucson right now. i hope a lot of people wanna smash lol. see everyone later today =)

EDIT: sry for the double post lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
armada is not standard. he is way above the peach standard, and YES, that DOES mean that every other peach player is terrible in comparison. armada is by far the best peach player in the world.

from where does armada hail?
sweden

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
armada's abmornally good. HE IS NOT NORMAL. he does anything BUT normal peach stuff, that's part of what makes him THE BEST peach player

anyways.... i need to find housing and fast. jackie, can you house me? pleeeeease? and tai? por favor lol
What armada does with peach IS standard though. The biggest difference between him and other peach players are not what they do with their character, but how they apply it.

From what I've seen, and partially from what I've heard he quickly adapts to his opponents play style, and figures out their habits during the first game. This would explain some of his losses, such as shiz and m2k during genesis during the first game.

From this, peach has one of the best punishments in the game, probably only second to jigglypuff. He has his opponent figured out and can use his character to its maximum capacity, punishing bad approaches, bad spacing, roll habits, recovery habits, the works.

The neat thing about him from watching his sets against amsah, and mango is his ability to quickly readapt when the other player begins to switch it up, and figure out what armada's current strategy.

Truthfully, he's not doing anything different with his character than anyone else. Standard punishment game, standard combos, standard spacing strategies, etc. The biggest difference is how he applies it.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
armada is not standard. he is way above the peach standard, and YES, that DOES mean that every other peach player is terrible in comparison. armada is by far the best peach player in the world.

sweden
standard combos. standard punishment. standard spacing tricks, the works.

Care to refute that? Random 1-of moments where he does something cool don't count.

Lovage

Smash Hero
jesus christ rubyiris you're so dumb dude

you don't know anything about the game, which is why you don't know when someone does something exceptional. it's either that or you're just bitter because he has fame and success and you still suck

(yes i'm picking on you boohoo, it's because you're a ******)

AXE 09

Smash Master
alright, so it's taking longer to leave than i thought it would lol. can anyone house me and tai? please? i'm begging you!

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Alright, here's what I want you to do.

1. Watch this match: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joetKLv_oGc

2. Tell me if you see any un-usual amazing combos in that video from the Peach

3. If you tell me of anything in 2, then tell me the date of this match.

4. If 2 and 3 were put into place then tell me when you started watching Armada/when you heard about him more so.

5. Un-related step, but do notice that this Peach player actually CAN edge guard this character.

6. Have a great day! :)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
double post to say OMFG I LOVE YOU LOVAGE

and that rubyiris's falco is standard

shinedairshinedairshinedair SELF DESTRUCT AND LOSE
*johnsjohnsjohns*

Now that Falcon of GG7's... that's another story ;)

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
jesus christ rubyiris you're so dumb dude

you don't know anything about the game, which is why you don't know when someone does something exceptional. it's either that or you're just bitter because he has fame and success and you still suck

(yes i'm picking on you boohoo, it's because you're a ******)
I honestly don't care about my skill/fame in comparison to his. I'm not bitter at all.

But everyone just needs to get off his ****. Peach players are completely and utterly terrible and lazy except for him but nothing he does is exceptional at all. HERP DERP DTILT/UAIR TO **** IS OBVIOUSLY SOOOOOO EXCEPTIONAL.

That's like calling cookie cutter fox/falco/falcon/shiek combos exceptions.

Just remember if you ever act like this around me in person, enjoy your *** beating.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
double post to say OMFG I LOVE YOU LOVAGE

and that rubyiris's falco is standard

shinedairshinedairshinedair SELF DESTRUCT AND LOSE
*johnsjohnsjohns*

Idk dude. If I had technical skill maybe they'd be standard. I don't think suiciding at least once a game is exactly standard.

tw1n

Smash Champion
Wow so much love/hate/hate!!! towards ruby.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfeCEp9ZJRs

is that really what you call standard? seriously???
Lol I loved watching them play! Mango told us he was just testing out some theories he had about armadas flaws... scary thought huh? He also said he found them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB1-6sHfDcg&feature=related
The drill shines and sheil pressure are so good haha

yea seriously, that first stock is like WTF OMG AMZING I LOVE YOU ARAMDA status
Lol as does anyone who loves smash =] It was a crazy good combo worth the taunt

OMG I love that video! It makes me so happy that Jeff watches Armada videos too!! Jeff should definitely pick up Peach as one of his mains along with Pikachu and Falco. :D
FOOL! Don't you know!? Peach mains have no secondaries. Asking him to pick up peach means dropping falco and pika lol ;)

From what I've seen, and partially from what I've heard he quickly adapts to his opponents play style, and figures out their habits during the first game. This would explain some of his losses, such as shiz and m2k during genesis during the first game.
And Lucky... poor lucky. I wanted him to win that one :(

He's pretty alright. I think he made a funny combo video somewhere :p
<3

Top Bottom